• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox Live to remove Gold requirement for Netflix, Hulu

sangreal

Eusis

At last. They were looking more and more senselessly behind the times as more and more devices added them, devices that could either be connected to TVs or are TVs.

Syf

Banned
Good to hear. It shouldn't have taken this long, but at least they're getting it right (if true).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
If they do then I think I'm going to drop Xbox Live for my 360.

Mrbob

I hope MS doesn't save this for an E3 announcement like we are supposed to cheer about it. They are the only pay wall for apps I know of.

McDougles

If it's announced at E3, can't wait for the diehard console evangelists to decry "WHAT ABOUT THE GAMES TALK AT E3, MS? #YOULIED"

MormaPope

Banned
Why is this, like, a plan

And not just a "Hey, this is really shitty, let's stop doing this immediately"

Last year having a console be able to play games offline was a huge victory. Microsoft creates these shituations so often that any positive change is worth celebrating over.

Hip Hop

I hope MS doesn't save this for an E3 announcement like we are supposed to cheer about it. They are the only pay wall for apps I know of anymore.

I don't see how that would be a bad thing. I'm all for it.

I might re-buy a cheap 360 because of it.

If true they'll probably try to make a big deal out of this at E3.

"Hey, now we're giving you stuff that should have been free in the first place!"

LycanXIII

Second Paragraph:

Additionally, we've been told that Xbox Live Gold may put other services behind the paywall to make up for this shift, though those sources could not confirm whether that includes existing services or if that only includes upcoming content like TV series from Xbox Entertainment Studios.

Additionally, we've been told that Xbox Live Gold may put other services behind the paywall to make up for this shift, though those sources could not confirm whether that includes existing services or if that only includes upcoming content like TV series from Xbox Entertainment Studios.

lol

I hope MS doesn't save this for an E3 announcement like we are supposed to cheer about it. They are the only pay wall for apps I know of anymore.

If they really wait for E3 then I suspect they will do it as part of a big overhaul of Xbox Live announcement. I guess from their perspective its adding value to the subscription (even if in reality it isn't) and they might wait until there a time where they can say apps are gone but feature x, y and/or z are included.

Not everything is done for big cheers, its just done to not try and devalue their service...

Second Paragraph:

We already know Xbox Entertainment was going be available to everyone with gold, I don't really see how that is a negative tbh

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Awesome! Although I can't imagine why one would get an Xbox One and not Gold.
Thank you. Complains on this issue has been skyhigh. But I fail to understand why would someone buy Xbox One and PS4 without the subscription.

Top Bottom