• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hosting Smash Bros and new 3DS Game Discussions at E3

Coming from GameXplain

Looks like Nintendo's holding 2 Developer Discussions at E3, one for Smash Bros with Sakurai on Tuesday and another for an unannounced 3DS game on Wed! What could it be?

Update:
Both of Nintendo's E3 discussions are set to be an hour and a half. Smash is 7:00 8:30 p.m. PT and the new 3DS game is 6:00 – 7:30 p.m

So any thoughts what the new 3DS game could be?

Just saw this on Press Sneak Fuck's Twitter. Super exciting, because it's means they probably have something rather big to talk to about on 3DS. Metroid, hopefully.

Psxphile

For it to get a big focus like that at E3 alongside Smash, it has to be a new title for one of their big IPs, right?

I'm pulling for new Metroid.

I hope it's either a handheld RPG by Monolith or a new Advanced Wars.

I am playing the Advanced Wars for the first time on the WiiU and it's fantastic.

they're not doing a q&a for a borderline port of Majora's Mask

edit: no, scratch, they're not doing a NINETY MINUTE PRESENTATION for Majora's Mask

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
So a Developer Event purely for an unannounced game? Looking forward to what it is, as it seems pretty big.

Also, a whole Developer Discussion with Sakurai for Smash is also the greatest ever. These games are just the best thing to me.

zroid

Banned
WAIT

ARE YOU TELLING ME

THERE ARE UNANNOUNCED 3DS GAMES

AND AT LEAST ONE WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT E3

megaton

jschreier

Usually they only have these evening developer discussions for significant games, so I'm guessing the new 3DS game is something big. Hopefully it's cool.

Velcro Fly

New 3D Mario game? Majora's Mask 3D remake? Pokemon gen 3 remakes?

edit: I apparently can't read when it says unannounced!

That's *gasp* ONE MORE than what was announced at the last two E3's (not including Smash 3DS)!

Yeah, I don't recall a single other 3DS game announcement at E3 2012 and 2013 by Nintendo themselves, Smash 3DS kinda maybe sorta counts but it's the "lower?" version of the main Wii U game.

Nintendo blew their whole 3DS load in the directs prior to E3 2013.

Seik

Banned
Majoras Mask 3D.

I'm pretty sure that's it.

WE'VE BEEN TEASED FOR TOO LONG!!! D:

Metroid. Please?

image.php

C'mon man, do honor to your avatar at least. :p

Exciting But Not Really Going to Happen Possibility: A new Metroid or Advance Wars
Boring But More Realistic Possibility: Majora's Mask 3D where they talk about how they've changed some things more than you'd expect
Realistic Possibility: "As you can see, when you add the figurine to the pedestal, Mario will appear in the game. You'll be playing Nintendo Figurine Rumble this fall on the Wii U, but the 3DS version will come next spring and have more exciting features."

Metroid reboot for 3DS by Next Level Games, I'm predicting.

Seems like the only unannounced 3DS game that would generate a lot of buzz from the enthusiast press short of a new IP or anything like that. MM3D would be cool but what could they say about it? It's a port.

Top Bottom