• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hosting Smash Bros and new 3DS Game Discussions at E3

Instro

Right but with Nintendo first half means in May and we all know it.
And regardless, it still makes no sense.
The WiiU is the main focus for NFP.
It needs the exposure and software.
It's launching this year.
There is absolutely no reason to dedicate an hour and a half to something we won't see for another year when they already have NFP coming this year for a system.

I don't see what's so crazy about it. If its a big new title its only logical to think that it will go hand in hand with the next big thing for the platform. It certainly makes more sense than anything else being shown at great length. The 3ds is inevitably the more important piece of hardware for them. I think the whole point of this secondary showing is so it doesn't take away fron the WiiU in the main show.

Tom_Cody

Here's my bold prediction for the mystery 3DS game:

A Mega Man game for the 3DS developed (and possibly published) by Nintendo.

It will be modeled after the New Super Mario Bros. series and it will feature a level structure more similar to that series than traditional Mega Man games. The character design will be similar to his appearance in Smash Bros.

Supporting evidence: None really obviously, but Capcom's complete omission of the character in their last briefing was very striking:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815698

It just makes too much sense.

Going to hope for a 3D Mario platformer like SM64. Ideally, just make a sequel to that game.

Not many are guessing it with them saying no Mario announcements this year.

Top Bottom