• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hosting Smash Bros and new 3DS Game Discussions at E3

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Hey, you know what major Nintendo IP has been conspicuously absent from the 3DS so far?

250px-Wario_WWare.gif
ItadakiWario.PNG

Inject it into my veins PLEASE!

Canon

Banned
Has to be new hardware since there's no 3DS game I feel would be worth 90 minutes of discussion alone. Unless it's a ... nah can't think of anything.

(3DS is my fav. console).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS still lacks a Wario title (2D platformer, WarioWare), Rhythm Heaven, indeed.

Oh, well, avatar changed for this upcoming E3 :D

Rich!

majora's mask. please. I will do anything

I've been waiting since I first got OOT 3D for MM3D to be announced. So many hints since then yet no concrete proof of it exisiting. it's torture I tell ya

Tookay

I really want Majora's Mask 3D.

Like, more than anything.

It doesn't have to be featured at this 3DS conference, but I just want it at E3 in some form.

NO! I don't want an hour and a half conference for a Majora's Mask remake. What is wrong with you guys? The game is great but don't you want something more exciting? You can pull out yr N64 right now and play Majora's Mask.

I hope it's something like a new IP or Metroid.

Omzz

i think this needs to be emphasized that these are NOT HOUR AND A HALF CONFERENCES

these are the round table discussions which Nintendo usually have after their E3 conferences. they will talk about the game for about 45 min to an hour and then have questions the rest of the way

What has been Intelligent System up to since Fire Emblem? Could it be the game???

Since Awakening, they've developed or co-developed Game & Wario, Brothers of the Band P, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Fallblox/Crashmo. Presumably, they've also been working on SMT X FE in some capacity, too. They're one of Nintendo's bigger subsidiaries, so they might have some secret projects.

MilesTeg

Banned
NO! I don't want an hour and a half conference for a Majora's Mask remake. What is wrong with you guys? The game is great but don't you want something more exciting? You can pull out yr N64 right now and play Majora's Mask.

I hope it's something like a new IP or Metroid.

Some small improvements to UI on Majora for the 3DS version will make it infinitely better though, as well as better frame rate.

Taker666

It could be a new Mario platformer. The last 3DS Mario was New Super Mario Bros 2 and that'll be almost 2.5 years old by the end of the year. Maybe Super Mario Galaxy 3DS?

MrBadger

Hey, you know what major Nintendo IP has been conspicuously absent from the 3DS so far?

250px-Wario_WWare.gif
ItadakiWario.PNG

Inject it into my veins PLEASE!

Wario Master of Disguise 2 please
lol jk

It has been a while since we've seen Wario in a platformer. Last one was Shake it, I think. Then again, the 3DS has plenty of platformers. Either way, I'd be down for some Wario on the 3DS.

RiggyRob

So essentially the new 3DS game discussion is going to be an Iwata Asks/Developer Direct kind of thing?

My guess would be on a new 3DS IP, my hope would be Advance Wars 3DS.

So essentially the new 3DS game discussion is going to be an Iwata Asks/Developer Direct kind of thing?

No. These Q&A roundtables aren't for the public, it's for journalists to ask the developers questions after a small presentation and eventually one or two will liveblog it.

tauroxd

Dragon Quest XI.

Square-Enix told some time ago that was working on a new Dragon quest game.
No doubts right ?

They are not going to announce that in a E3 but on a huge Japanase Event, probably not Tokyo Game Show but something exclusively for that announcement.

Tom_Cody

Exciting But Not Really Going to Happen Possibility: A new Metroid or Advance Wars
Boring But More Realistic Possibility: Majora's Mask 3D where they talk about how they've changed some things more than you'd expect
Realistic Possibility: "As you can see, when you add the figurine to the pedestal, Mario will appear in the game. You'll be playing Nintendo Figurine Rumble this fall on the Wii U, but the 3DS version will come next spring and have more exciting features."
The real question is, what game besides smash could warrant could warrant 90 minutes of discussion time.

I don't know what it could possibly be besides NFC, though that doesn't really fit since this specifically singles out the 3DS.

3bdelilah

Banned
It's the inevitable MM 3D. They'd be crazy not to capitalise on it since the engine etc. are already available. But I dream of Zelda U being a Majora origins, so the 3D remake would be a perfect remedy for the wait. :D

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's the inevitable MM 3D. They'd be crazy not to capitalise on it since the engine etc. are already available. But I dream of Zelda U being a Majora origins, so the 3D remake would be a perfect remedy for the wait. :D

I hope the Manga isn't indicative of Majora's origins because it was pretty lame IMO.

Top Bottom