• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iratA

giphy.gif

Thanks go to sjay1994 for the very appropriate GIF

UPDATE 4 Pre-E3 2015: This is it people E3 time.... again! I think this E3 our support group deserves some answers from Sony. The way I see it they have three options; A) Show us something new regarding its development, B) Tell us a firm date of 'when' they plan to show us something regarding its development, or C) Announce the game is cancelled. Here's hoping this E3 we get the answers we are hoping for. Happy E3 to all of the 'Crazy Person' support group!

UPDATE 3: E3 Time is here. You can count the hours. This webM feels appropriate... let us rally!

http://a.pomf.se/amcoci.webm

UPDATE 2: We now have 120+ Supporters. Just a reminder please add something meaningful, your own experiences, feelings or thoughts. We want to hear what you have to say! "I'm in" or "Add me" does not guarantee membership.

UPDATE: We now have 80+ Supporters. All in just over 200 posts! Added names of Members to OP.
Keep up the support guys and gals, new names/members are still being added!

Original Post:
Many have asked, such as this fine upstanding young man/woman:

I think at this point we need a TLG support group on GAF.

and so I present to thee...

An open letter for the now formally recognised 'The Last Guardian Support Group' (TLGSG)

Dear Members and Visitors

I would like to remind everyone that this time of year can be a very trying time for our support group. E3 can bring out some painful and raw emotions. Now more than ever is the time to reach out to our beloved community.

We are made up of caring and loving families, who have children, teens, and adult loved ones who are involved in some way with TLGSG. All of us are beautiful and intelligent. We have hope. Some of us even have a lot of hope. We have members who have been bullied and we have members who have managed to not be bullied, thankfully. We have all been raised to be confident and to love ourselves, but sometimes/many times we may be hurt to the point where those hurtful feelings leave scars that we just don’t forget about or are unable to overcome. Our love for The Last Guardian may affect our ability to game-on, it does not affect our limbs or our intelligence or our love for life. We all still strive for the very best in life. Even though some things may seem as though they don’t come easy to us, remember that delays happen, even to those who are not members of the TLGSG.

Thankfully, waiting... commonly known as 'The Wait' is not a disease or a chronic ailment. Some of us may choose to wait in silence. Some of us may opt to vent our frustrations and be happy with the decision that we have made. Some of us may not be happy and continue to seek another solution. Some of our members may have been lucky enough to find other gaming pleasures and move on, if only for a short while. My point is, we are all in this together no matter what our experiences have been and what decisions we will make. Every one of us is different and each one of us will experience something different in life. As parents, we only want to supply our children with games that have an average Metacritic rating of 80 or higher and as individuals we only want what’s best for us depending on what we believe in personally. As teens and adults, it is still possible to survive and renew our love for gaming by playing the classics. Games such as ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus that were handed down by your Grandparents or that were found in bargain bins or attics. In the end, any decision you make is probably the best or right decision for you and/or your family.

Please keep in mind, that over the years advancements have been made in gaming technology, improvements have been made to rendering techniques, and annual franchises are options that have become available to us. Even though our support group may have little information and posts discussing the current stage of development, I want everyone to know who has not opted for a replacement gaming solution, that we are all here for you too. Our group is a support chain for anyone experiencing physical or mental symptoms emerging from 'The Wait'. I hope that each and every one of you feel comfortable here and know that you are welcome regardless of all of the decisions taking place. These discussions and decisions are being made from our hearts and what we honestly believe is for the best for our children and for ourselves. Many of us have chosen to keep our faith intact and I think that is wonderful.

Faith is a beautiful thing and although we may have a difference in opinion, we can all be supportive to one another, regardless of the decisions we make. Everyone in our support group is fantastic. Our wonderful group would not be the support group it is today without all of you being a part of it.

The information provided for TLGSG is only meant to be helpful and to help guide you in the right direction. This information is not meant to be taken as 'Gaming Advice'. Always consult with your Partner, Gaming Buddy or local Game Store Clerk on any and all concerns. This information is not meant to take the place of a consult or an appointment with a Gaming professional (Pro Gamer). The information found in this thread can help you learn about options that can help you make the best decisions.

Sincerely,
iratA
Founder of The Last Guardian Support Group (TLGSG)

Those whose support clearly go above and beyond will be awarded Special Membership.
Special Members: De-mon, esterk, Corto, Psycho_Mantis, StuBurns, Sorceror Supreme, Duster, Mr. RHC, Last_colossi, M_Night, Ethelwulf, iamcool388, shawnlreed, Issun23

New Memberships are Awarded to True Believers.
Members: Baron, Lalalandia, shagg_187, Flying Saucer, wapplew, hoggert, zeromcd73, Kingdoug87, Freeman, Dedvalve, Pound_lb003, Bloodrage, Cess007, Hibiki Kurosawa, Incitio, Liamario, Shaunlreed, QVoth, jamsy, viveks86, Handy Fake, BlackBuzzard, DarkLordMalik, koozek, FusionCode, TheRealTalker, Gooch: The Destroyer, Oni Jazar, Chris87, Akira, I Am Random 31, Nibel, Huey Freeman, mrbingbong, Riki, Travado, NeoCross, DangerMouse, naib, Marvel, whoszed, krafter, Namikaze1, Americanmushroom, Thaumaturgic Tomato, Proponent, ScOULaris, Cave Johnson, Dragon1893, Haunted, Arveene, doctorcdcs, jonabbey, Salaadin, Sidewinder, Psoelberg, fantomena, MetroidPrimeRib, halfbeast, Jomax, Hypatia, MudoSkills, cropduster, akaoni, Admiral Snackbar, Acquiescence, Sono, andylsun, elhav, RadarScope1, LiquidMetal14, Despera, MrCookiepants, qa_engineer, Wolff, BurnOutBrighter, TheHater, gketter, IncandescentPrecept, 10K, televator, unknownstranger, SquiddyCracker, Riderz1337, tensuke, Admiral Woofington, Tomshoe, Rogue_Ledr, makingmusic476, SiteSeer, Lernaen, Rusty Nails, 93xfan, Uncle Rupee, odhiex, The Spoony Hou, Zulithe, UrbanRats, DemurOnion, Cisce, JawzPause, farmerboy, Kenny Linder, Mush, Citizen_Insane, bigboss370, Lacedaemon, Maragidyne, nbnt, mcz117chief, Grassy, kaako, gl0w, Garland7G, Triggerhappytel, chicko1983, Asd202, Don'tBeWeird, lifa-cobex, yurinka, killatopak, Donthizz#, Chaostar, Empty, ocean, joshcryer, The_Inquisitor, Eletric Kaibutsu, Chaser, Fatal Error, Insane Metal, LookAtMeGo, SniperHunter, Taco_Human, Spongebob, ikariX, Sodding_Gamer, Tetranet, Kane1345, boingball, Kashin, Famassu, raviolico, CaptainMellow, Simon, cornerman, GarciaHotspur, Visualante2, WITHE1982, Dambrosi, Huggers, FantasticMrFoxdie, sector4, OnionPowder, Sporad, EXPzero, [NaK], Fushichou187, Cosmozone, angelcage87, PapaJustify, travisbickle, Twilight Princess, Horse, DarkoMaledictus, qa_engineer, HueyFreeman, blitzwolf215, njean777, Rebel Leader, Asd202, paperheart, zeromcd73, zeopower6, DracoBlade, Phlebas, Blinck

Jonnax

Perhaps Sony has seen how much The Last Guardian has been hyped up and has decided that they'd never meet those expectations so instead the game will only live on in those trailers from oh so long ago.

:'(

CrazyDude

In a 1,000 years it will still not be out. People will instead be worshiping as a god, because the have forgotten that it was a game. They will be wait for the coming of their savior that will never come.

wapplew

I've moved on. Really.

I don't think TLG stand a chance in this day and age.
Yes, they created one of the best game in PS2 era, but we have many "silent" artsy game from indi today, it's not unique anymore.
It doesn't have enough content to sell at $60 for today's standard.
Even it have vast beautiful open world for you to explore, adorable giant pet, instant classic sound track, unforgettable emotional story, exceptional graphics.....

Dammit I want TLG so much!

Guardians of the Galaxy? Halo 5: Guardians?

It's like the world is laughing at me... The only guardian I care for is the last.

Freeman

Banned
I think we need this. I still believe its going to be revealed at this year E3 so its good to know we will have a place to share our disappointment.

What if the game does come out but isn't any good?

At least the wait will be over.
It will be great.

TEJ

I will believe this game ever existed when I have a copy of it in my hands.

at this point it's close to being the japanese DNF but even that came out eventually.

All I can tell you guys is I was anticipating what's next, back in 2006. I promise those suffering, that it DOES GET BETTER.

I am at the stage of the emotional process called apathy. And it impacts my quality of life minimally. I am able to go to the shops now and even make some of my own meals without crying into them.

Cess007

Hi everyone, my name is Cess!

**takes a deep breath**

It has been 2 weeks since the last time i saw that old TLG trailer. It has been pretty hard to resist the urge to watch it again, hear that beautiful song and see that kid playing with his griffin. It want it soooo much, but i gotta resist. One day at a time, right guys? One day at a time..

Thanks, we all needed this. The upcoming month is going to be tough. Let's all get in a circle and hold hands. We can get though this together.

Hi everyone, my name is Cess!

**takes a deep breath**

It has been 2 weeks since the last time i saw that old TLG trailer. It has been pretty hard to resist the urge to watch it again, hear that beautiful song and see that kid playing with his griffin. It want it soooo much, but i gotta resist. One day at a time, right guys? One day at a time..

Welcome cess, you're among friends. Let it out

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Recognized, but still fringe, Otacon.

Issun23

We've been waiting for this thing for what, eight years now?

About this time every year hope is followed by hollow disappointment, tears and a sense of unending abandonment which carries on until September.

Then the Tokyo Game Show comes and goes and murderous thoughts start taking shape in the minds of thousands of unsuspecting gamers, unaware we are actually taking part in a convolutedly orchestrated mind game.

This game does not exist. It has been a nightmare all along.

shawnlreed

Every year, I watch Sony's E3 press conference on the edge of my seat, waiting for news on The Last Guardian.
I still have hope it will come out, but man... the wait has been painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom