• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order; PC Performance Thread

Levyne

Banned
ivYfm2u8811Gv.jpg

Update, Benchmarks from gamegpu.ru (thanks TheTrain)

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_-test-WolfNewOrder_1920.jpg

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_-test-WolfNewOrder_2560.jpg

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_-test-WolfNewOrder_proz.jpg

System Requirements

Mod Abuse: Although originally reported as "minimum", Bethesda later stated they are the requirements for "experiencing the game as it was meant to be experienced at 60fps". People with old i5 processors are having no issues.

Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space

Some of the initial benchmarks from the OT:

The shooting feels great. Performance isn't what I want it to be, some dips below 60fps (it's locked to 60) with a few things turned down 1 step. Playing at 1080p with a 680 and i7 4770k.

just from 2560x1600 down to native res of 1680x1050.
get 45-60 fps, on a 560ti, i7 4770k and 16gb ram. That's all on max bar dof, and shadow maps

30-50 FPS on a i5 750 (not overclocked)

I'm not getting great performance with my computer. I have a GTX 760 2GB and an i5 2500k@4GHz, and I'm getting dips even with medium settings at 1920x1080.

Some downsampled shots thanks to Brerlappin

Options (Thanks, Ricochetguro)

It seems that it's the dof that kills my framerate, but it can't be turned off for some stupid reason. There is only medium and high. Perhaps it can be turned off in a config file. I'll check it out.

notBald

I'll mention that my 30-50 score is on a GTX 460 1GB (with a i5 750). Running at 1920x1200 with vsync on. (Running on fairly old drivers BTW - 314.22.)

I'm wondering if this game is GPU or CPU bound. I got 60 FPS in tight corridors, 50 in more normal rooms, 40 underwater and 30 in the bigger areas.

Keby

The i7 requirement is kinda freaking me out.

I'm running an i5 3570 @ 3.4
AMD 5970
8GB of RAM

I guess I'll find out later tonight. I should be relatively fine yeah?

I'll mention that my 30-50 score is on a GTX 460 1GB (with a i5 750). Running at 1920x1200 with vsync on. (Running on fairly old drivers BTW - 314.22.)

I'm wondering if this game is GPU or CPU bound. I got 60 FPS in tight corridors, 50 in more normal rooms, 40 underwater and 30 in the bigger areas.

That CPU predates the dinosaurs so I'm sure I'll be fine on my 4670 and GTX780.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Performance isn't what I want it to be, some dips below 60fps (it's locked to 60) with a few things turned down 1 step. Playing at 1080p with a 680 and i7 4770k.
Given how not-good those screenshots look, I'm kind of surprised this is having trouble.

Well, it's modern idtech so presumably it's made in pandemonium so perhaps not too surprising.

Metal-Geo

Can't say I have the performance I was expecting either. Given the look of the game as well. I'm on a GTX 690 btw. Had to go from 2560x1600 to 1920x1200 to keep the FPS around 60 regularly.

I'm also experiencing a lot of flickering animation and rendering glitches. Most noticeable the player's arms on the guns often -- for a single frame -- bugging out. And during Deathshead's torturing at the beginning of the game I experienced a lot of white/purple/yellow flashes around the silhouettes of models.

Guess we're gonna have to wait for new drivers?

Edit: And no anti-aliasing option either. :[

No one with any ATI GPUs has tested the performance for this game yet? I wonder how my 7970 ghz edition will handle this game.

R9 290x
i5 3570k
8GB RAM

I'll post my performance when I start playing. I am unpacking it now.

Edit: And no anti-aliasing option either. :[

Damn that's a shame. I'll probably downsample then. Gonna just run it in 1080 for now and see how it plays by default.

KePoW

Banned
It seems that it's the dof that kills my framerate, but it can't be turned off for some stupid reason. There is only medium and high. Perhaps it can be turned off in a config file. I'll check it out.

Oh man that sucks. I hate DoF even without regard to framerate.

Please let us know if you find a way to turn it off.

Xyber

Given how not-good those screenshots look, I'm kind of surprised this is having trouble.

Well, it's modern idtech so presumably it's made in pandemonium so perhaps not too surprising.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. It runs at 60fps for the most part of what I have played, but some areas can bring it down to 45-50.

Even if the game wasn't locked to 60fps I don't think I would've gotten much use of my 144Hz monitor. :(

The game looks fine in motion, it's just the bad textures that makes it look really dated in some places. idtech5 is not a great engine and I hope we don't get more games with it.

Anyone know how this would run on a 750M? I probably shouldn't even bother asking, but I won't have access to my desktop until later this month and kind of want to derp around with the game now.

Levyne

Banned
The game looks fine in motion, it's just the bad textures that makes it look really dated in some places. idtech5 is not a great engine and I hope we don't get more games with it.

The Evil Within. Otherwise I don't think there's anything else.

Anybody have any idea how this will run on a GTX580?

My three year old rig is:

GTX 580

Core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5 ghz

4gb of DDR3 1600 ram, Gskill Ripjaws X

I won't be able to purchase the game for quite some time but I'm just curious if anyone else has a similar rig and how it runs.

Xyber

Might be possible to enable MSAA in a config file. Found this in graphicsprofile.json in the game directory.
Code:
"r_multiSamples" : 
	{
		"low" : 0,
		"mid" : 0,
		"high" : 0,
		"ultra" : 0,

Too late for me to try and see if it works, I'm off to bed.

Feeling better about my i5 2500k and 460 now. Might pick this up sooner rather than later!

Might be possible to enable MSAA in a config file. Found this in graphicsprofile.json in the game directory.
Code:
"r_multiSamples" : 
	{
		"low" : 0,
		"mid" : 0,
		"high" : 0,
		"ultra" : 0,

Too late for me to try and see if it works, I'm off to bed.

Hmm, interesting. I'll have to try it out when this 5 hour long unpacking process decides to finish...

Reallink

You should really OC that CPU. Most 750/760's can do 3.6 @ default stock voltage, there's no reason not to. It would be much more comparable to newer stock clock i5's.

Zushin

Won't be able to play until tonight. Nervous to see how performance is on my rig. I have a 4670 and a 7970.

ymgve

Got an i5-3550, 16GB and an AMD HD7870 with 3GB. Performance is really subpar, getting 20-30 FPS in the first part of the game no matter what settings I pick. (Even with everything on Low and 1280x720)

So it seems like AMD owners will suffer, just like with RAGE.

cartesian

System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
Surely this can't be right? Core i7 as a minimum requirement?

I have a Core i5 3570k (and I haven't even gotten round to overclocking it yet) but my understanding was that the performance difference between equivalent mid-tier Core i5 and Core i7 processors was basically minimal from a gaming perspective - that the clock speed and the Intel 'tock' were more important considerations than the i5/i7 distinction?

Am I safe to assume that an i5 3570k will run this okay as long as all other components are up to spec?

EDIT: Whoops, I've just noticed a few i5 users above me so it looks like I won't have a problem - apologies, I'm getting tired.

Could V-Sync be limiting the frame rate when it drops below certain limits ?

Got an i5-3550, 16GB and an AMD HD7870 with 3GB. Performance is really subpar, getting 20-30 FPS in the first part of the game no matter what settings I pick. (Even with everything on Low and 1280x720)

Better performance than me so far seeing as I can't even start my game lol. It keeps crashing.

After playing some more it seems that I can pretty much max it out and get 60 fps while indoors. There are some weird places I get drops down to 45-50 for some reason. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed with a patch or driver update.

Serves you right, red scum!

Anyone with an amd potato cpu (phenom II or fx cpu) tried the game yet?
It supposedly runs at 60 fps on the last gen consoles right? Why on earth would the game require much cpu power on pc?
Seeing people mention they can't even maintain 60 fps with an i7 4770k (I would have imagined you'd get 300 fps with that cpu...) makes me sad

Was really looking forward to this game but since it's idtech 5 i'm scared of it being another garbage port a la rage.

b0uncyfr0

Any difference btw SSD loading time and HDD loading time?

If it has no SSD optimizations, this is going on the HDD cause 50GB is ALOT of space.

Levyne

Banned
Any difference btw SSD loading time and HDD loading time?

If it has no SSD optimizations, this is going on the HDD cause 50GB is ALOT of space.

Haha, I know what you mean. Didn't even bother to try making room on my modest 120gig SSD. (I don't know the answer to your question).

Top Bottom