• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5pb announces Chaos;Child, Mystereet F, and Psycho-Pass for Xbox One, teaser trailer

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Teaser Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUD8ajcYRoo

Gematsu said:
5pb. announced three new Xbox One adventure games during a Niconico presentation this morning.

First, the developer’s previously announced Chaos;Child, whose platform was yet to be announced, will launch for Xbox One sometime in 2014.

Next up is Mystereet F: The Detectives’ Curtain Call, which includes Abel Software’s original Mystereet and a completely new version of the still incomplete Mystereet 2 re-developed for Xbox One.

And finally, 5pb. are also developing an Xbox One game based on the Psycho-Pass anime. It will have an original story drawn up by Nitroplus, and it will support both Kinect and Smartglass interaction.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2014/05/5pb-announces-three-new-xbox-one-adventure-games#BTvI1HSLSLZSkxrB.99

And finally, 5pb. are also developing an Xbox One game based on the Psycho-Pass anime. It will have an original story drawn up by Nitroplus, and it will support both Kinect and Smartglass interaction.

Now this could be interesting. I love PP, so will definitely be keeping a close on this one.

Shame Cave haven't announced any shumps yet. With the X1 region free, they'd certainly see their games sell a lot better than the 360 releases did...

Based on 5pb's track record, I don't expect to see any of these games remain exclusive for super long.

S;G was initially 360 exclusive before making the jump to everything ever made. They like to get their games on every viable platform there is.

Kysen

The reactions on the after stream questionnaire put the reveal event as a flop. 50% of those asked said it sucked.

Dio

Banned
The reactions on the after stream questionnaire put the reveal event as a flop. 50% of those asked said it sucked.
Note: this was out of 5 possible poll choices, 1 being 'good' and 5 being 'bad'. 50% of those people voted 5.

No mention of Exclusivity what so ever. Folks are speculating they are 6-month timed exclusives.

Yeah. It would be ridiculous to put Chaos;Child on Xbone as an exclusive when the other two games are on PC and it's a visual novel.

Sayad

Is this like Guilty Gear Xrd where the game is announced for one platform but not the other or did they specifically mention exclusivity?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah. It would be ridiculous to put Chaos;Child on Xbone as an exclusive when the other two games are on PC and it's a visual novel.

Love Chu Chu and Robotic;Notes aren't on PC though so they could skip it if they wanted.

There could be some fan porting done like with Chaos;Head NoaH before they voluntarily shut down after the JastUSA Nitro+ licensing acquisition.

Tain

With the X1 region free, they'd certainly see their games sell a lot better than the 360 releases did...

That doesn't make much sense. Most of Cave's 360 releases were region free, and Ketsui on PS3 (region free obviously) sold way worse than Ketsui on 360 (which was one of the locked releases).

I don't think the international willing-to-import audience is very big, even despite the smaller home country fanbase a developer like Cave would have.

did they mention exclusivity?

not that it matter sooner or later it will be ported to pc/vita/ps4 like most of 5pb title last gen

no mention of chaos: child dev, nitroplus?

Eusis

Probably timed, unless MS dropped a big moneyhat
I doubt moneyhats were even necessary, Steins;Gate launched on 360 too. Either Sony policies are a huge pain in the ass or someone there really, really likes Xbox. Or somehow the Xbox just cultivated the right target audience for their stuff, kind of like why niche publishers can do well on Vita despite it being an absolute failure by most standards outside of Japan.

Pooya

Did they say whether or not Urobutcher is working on the Psycho Pass game?

supervising, I don't think this means he's actually doing new work here. Nitro+ doing that (someone else that is, otherwise why he'd be a supervisor?)

011.jpg

If MS was smart they would devote a section of the western game stores to "Discover Japan" where they could curate localized versions of Japanese titles. I love stepping into something unique and different once in a while. Maybe write up a little story about what the developer was going for and wanted to achieve with each title and if anime/movie/manga related provide proper links to the Video store, etc where you could explore further. Create fresh experiences and hopefully help these Japanese titles make more coin so they keep making them!

Sandfox

If MS was smart they would devote a section of the western game stores to "Discover Japan" where they could curate localized versions of Japanese titles. I love stepping into something unique and different once in a while. Maybe write up a little story about what the developer was going for and wanted to achieve with each title and if anime/movie/manga related provide proper links to the Video store, etc where you could explore further. Create fresh experiences and hopefully help these Japanese titles make more coin so they keep making them!

These games require a ton of translation and voice work with little sales in return so I doubt something like that would be viable as much as I would like it.

SephiZack

Note: this was out of 5 possible poll choices, 1 being 'good' and 5 being 'bad'. 50% of those people voted 5.

There was a stream? Did we know there was one? I didn't see anything on GAF

Do we know how much Steins;Gate sold on 360 and other platforms?

Estellise

Okay my favorite all time anime is Psycho-Pass and Steins;Gate. Steins;Gate is originally a visual novel for Xbox but got maaany ports to Sony consoles. And I'm pretty sure a lot Xbox releases of 5bp's games tend to get ports eventually so I can bet that this'll get a PS4 one. (that's to say if it doesn't make a difference that it's based off an anime).

I'm definitely curious about the gameplay. I could see it having visual novel elements but I'm not sure to what extent. Can't wait for more info.

I guess the biggest question is the localization possibility. Unfortunately, I can't see it being very high. Steins;Gate was very popular but never got a proper console NA release. I guess you never know though but I really doubt it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you are God, and the delusion becomes reality, about what kind of the noids you get?

Top Bottom