• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Night Shift |OT| #Shifties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw this OT together but as well as this show was thrown together.
Synopsis
It's about doctors in a hospital or something.
Cast Poster
NUP_153929_3050.jpg

Schedule
Tuesdays at 10/9c on NBC

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm glad there's finally a show with a doctor who doesn't play by the rules. And yeah, everyone is yelling all the time.

ignata

Was hoping this was a thread for people who work night shift. It wasn't a thread for people who work night shift.

dabig2

Oh man, I don't even think I can continue watching this show even as a joke. Gotta be better things I can do with my hour. I think I'm 1 and done.

styl3s

I just need to know if the motorcycle makes a guest spot inside the hospital

Is the motorcycle the chief? nurse?

Ichabod

Banned
Maybe someday a show will come along that shows what working in an actual hospital is like. This show is not that show.

GQman2121

Banned
I thought there was some decent laughs in there. The lead dude plays the cocksure role with ease. He just knows he can punch people, show up smashed and then bed anyone of the catalog model nurses that he works with. And the previews prove that he's made his first selection starting next week!

KissVibes

Banned
This show sucks because now my hospital show called Night Shift will never be picked up unless I change the name, which I'm not fuckin' doing.

Actually, the show sucks on it's own merits but seriously! MY TV SHOW NAME WASTED ON GARBAGE.

Why couldn't they just stick with the original title of After Hours? Fuck NBC.

potam

Banned
This show sucks because now my hospital show called Night Shift will never be picked up unless I change the name, which I'm not fuckin' doing.

Actually, the show sucks on it's own merits but seriously! MY TV SHOW NAME WASTED ON GARBAGE.

Why couldn't they just stick with the original title of After Hours? Fuck NBC.

It'll only take a quick rewrite, then you can have Dr. Acula.

Pluto

God, this show is awful, I absolutely despised T.C., what an asshole, I don't remember the last time I've seen such an unsympathetic protagonist.

I was on Freddy Rodriguez side the entire time, he was just trying to do his job and everything he said and did made sense, if the hospital was run by a bunch of T.C.s it'd be closed within 3 months but for some reason I feel the show wants me to sympathize with the doctor who likes to beat up people. He deserved to be fired and Freddy was right, everyone can be replaced.
The boss doctor lady was okay too but she loses points for liking T.C.

I didn't like any other character, they were so unprofessional, haha, funny names, pranks and parties on the roof, all of that is okay in moderation but these clowns did all of it in one night and when they weren't acting like morons everything was SO DRAMATIC. We're doing awesome pranks because we're the night shift, we're hanging out on the roof because we're the night shift, we're awesome because we're the night shift ans we're not using the tablets that the other shifts use because they're stupid. I almost barfed.

I watched the entire episode hoping to see Brendan Fehr make out with the cute guy from Brothers & Sisters and then they start the "I can't be the gay guy!" story.

I'm going to hate watch the show until it's cancelled, can't be more than 2 or 3 episodes.

BTW, are permanent night shifts a thing in america or is that just something on tv? At my hospital all doctors and nurses works every shift and we switch in irregular intervals so that everyone works with everyone else to prevent an us vs. them mentality.

Vert boil

The pilot was entertaining enough.

In its current state the hodgepodge of lightheartedness and super serious is a mess. The serious bits were too dry and sterile which took away from the knowing self awareness.

It could be a lot better but dumb shows have their own charm. Hopefully the soapy aspects don't dominate the future episodes.

Ichabod

Banned
BTW, are permanent night shifts a thing in america or is that just something on tv? At my hospital all doctors and nurses works every shift and we switch in irregular intervals so that everyone works with everyone else to prevent an us vs. them mentality.

I'd lose my mind if I had to switch around like that. I only work nights.

legbone

I just need to know if the motorcycle makes a guest spot inside the hospital

Is the motorcycle the chief? nurse?

i know this sounds crazy, but my doctor from when i was a child was banned from practising at the hospital in my hometown for driving his motorcycle into the hospital when he was fucked up. true story. sorry for the driveby post but though you guys might like to know there is a chance the motorcycle could end up in the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom