• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Gerstmann on Halo Collection: "Move mouse to look around", PC Version Confirme?

On the giant bomb stream Jeff just said when they saw it that the demo initially said "Move mouse to look around" and when they touched the controller it switched to "Move stick".

It would line up with the rumors.

Oh no did I hit the character limit on the title :(

Edit: from Frankie later in the thread

Fantastic input. 10/10

No PC version planned right now. Not impossible, but not scheduled right now.

So expect it in a year or two :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to play through the Halo trilogy on PC. That would be damn cool.

Rapstah

I think its more likely the demos are being run on PC but the final product will be Xbox one only

This is common. You usually don't actually have the game tell you it works on keyboard/mouse, or include/activate that in the demo build, though.

Then why put in custom prompts that automatically change? Many finished PC games don't even have that.

yeah, those prompts aren't just there by default. You would only make the effort to have those prompts if it's coming out on PC. otherwise, you are wasting dev time and money having them develop UI specifically for it to just show up in front of Jeff Gerstmann's face.

The only explanation other than that is that they used the PC version of H1/2 as a base (which seems likely) and they just didn't bother to get rid of it.

I'd love to see that on PC. Never really got into Halo due to not having an Xbox, but I've always been curious about the multiplayer experience that so many rally around.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There's no way I'm going to believe this based on rumor, they need to come out and say this definitively that it's coming to PC.

In my mind they need Halo to sell their console, and their logic is trying to strike gold twice.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There's no way I'm going to believe this based on rumor, they need to come out and say this definitively that it's coming to PC.

In my mind they need Halo to sell their console, and their logic is trying to strike gold twice.

UI for PC + Steam database entry for all Halo games= pretty much locked for PC.

It would make no sense for Microsoft to do this unless they don't give a shit about the Xbone, but it'd be great for the consumer and sales in general. I'd buy it.

On the giant bomb stream Jeff just said when they saw it that the demo initially said "Move mouse to look around" and when they touched the controller it switched to "Move stick".

It would line up with the rumors.

Edit: Oh no did I hit the character limit on the title :(

You can use a mouse on consoles too.

Top Bottom