• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Deep Down? Here are some new screenshots. Public beta info coming in July

sjay1994

LdGW38u.jpg

Ro3rViD.jpg

https://twitter.com/deepdown_JP/status/483478005814009856

Producer Sugiura here. Details on the public beta test are likely to come in July. There’s no excuse, as everyone was looking forward to the information. Rather than development circumstances, we’re discussing with the higher ups the policies for the beta test.

As an apology, I’m attaching a screenshot of the game in development. It’s a dungeon themed after the emotion of “Anger.” I will report again in July.

Screenshots are super compressed

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I don't think he says anything about the Beta bring in July...

Kuse

Banned
Damn...serious Downgradation.

And it looks like the game is still staying in the East for now...ugh...

Stimpack

So this was the end of the month beta details they were talking about? Announcements of announcements, man...

*edit* Oh, so we basically got screenshots and an apology that the announcement would be delayed. Great. I really hope they get their shit together. Japanese beta was supposed to be out in February, I believe.

I wonder if, when discussing the release of new screenshots after a massive visual (and presumably technical) downgrade, they're thinking "Crap, we had to make some serious compromises to get it running on the hardware, but maybe if we put out some screenshots of the nicest looking bits in our game people will just assume it's a fluke or just a poor example of a small section", or do they just think something to the effect of "Fuck it, the game looks terrible now but there's no getting around that so we'll just pretend to be completely oblivious and continue releasing screenshots like nothing changed"?

It also just occurred to me that there's the third possibility of the dev team actually believing the game looks essentially the same because admitting to themselves that it's not even close would be devastating.

tskeeve

Does anyone still care now that Bloodborne is official?

True. I had some interest before, but with Bloodborne expected in early spring, there's really not much breathing room for this title. I mean, we don't even know when it'll be released stateside. The time to release was this summer. Capcom really messed up, I think.

sjay1994

Been downgraded a while ago sadly. Since october 2013 iirc

DeepDown3.jpg

image_deep_down-21504-2664_0002.jpg

image_deep_down-21504-2664_0005.jpg

I hate this fucking trend.

Oh come on. This was probably one of the most obvious "there is no way this is ingame" that I have ever seen.

Did people really think this footage was possible on PS4? PC games on ultra don't even look that good.

sjay1994

The second screenshot is not new. It's from TGS 2013. It was added from the article from which you took em for comparison, as it shows the same area with a different "feeling".

well, I can't post anything from Dualshockers because the site is banned.

Abriael

Banned
well, I can't post anything from Dualshockers because the site is banned.

Fair enough, but the second screenshot isn't new. Only the first is. Shows how much those that call downgrade know about the game. It's been looking like this since the very first displays of actual gameplay in June 2013

Spongebob

Banned
Oh come on. This was probably one of the most obvious "there is no way this is ingame" that I have ever seen.

Did people really think this footage was possible on PS4? PC games on ultra don't even look that good.

Have you seen the UC4 teaser? It's running at 1080p/60fps and looks better than that.

I admittedly won't be disappointed over the graphical downgrade if the game ends up being decent and I don't feel forced to pay for more stuff in the F2P model. If I want to buy the stuff then it's a win for the developers.

vpance

Dunno what happened with Capcom's tech for this game besides the move to 60FPS, but U4 and The Order already look better than that first trailer.

BigDug13

Still think it's rather silly to keep bring it to E3 and having trailers in English then tell us "Japan only". It's obviously being worked out to have a western release. The state of consoles in Japan is really dire and it would be throwing money away to keep console games as Japan only.

I wonder if this game is still PS4 exclusive.

I thought it was weird how the update for DD over E3 on the PS blog said "coming to PS4" like they did for every multiplat game and not "coming exclusively to PS4" like they did for exclusives that got announced or new news.

It would explain the downgrade

Fell in love with the game since the reveal and I hope the western release is soon. Impressions from the beta will be fun to see.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Have you seen the UC4 teaser? It's running at 1080p/60fps and looks better than that.
The uncharted 4 teaser looks nice but that deep down CG was on another level
because it was in-engine and not actual gameplay despite the hud elements.
Deep Down still looks amazingly though in motion.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I wonder if, when discussing the release of new screenshots after a massive visual (and presumably technical) downgrade, they're thinking "Crap, we had to make some serious compromises to get it running on the hardware, but maybe if we put out some screenshots of the nicest looking bits in our game people will just assume it's a fluke or just a poor example of a small section", or do they just think something to the effect of "Fuck it, the game looks terrible now but there's no getting around that so we'll just pretend to be completely oblivious and continue releasing screenshots like nothing changed"?

It also just occurred to me that there's the third possibility of the dev team actually believing the game looks essentially the same because admitting to themselves that it's not even close would be devastating.
I'm positive absolutely no one at Capcom thinks that the game looks terrible. I don't even know any gamers who believe it looks terrible, it's clearly a next gen game.

Uncharted looks better. And it probably was in-game on a PS4 (a: they said it was in game, b: you could see aliasing). The difference, and it amazes me that people have such a difficult time understanding this, is that the game is supposed to be the most optimized and look best when it's at its earliest stages of development and does almost nothing. That's like... how game development works. You add more shit and things get slower, until eventually you have to make cutbacks. It's not a trend, it's a reality.

Ishida

Banned

I hope that you are joking. Do you actually think the PS4 can't pull that off? lol.

The Uncharted 4 trailer looks a lot better.

Top Bottom