• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Deep Down? Here are some new screenshots. Public beta info coming in July

jooso

I guess this will be the last time we see you in a DD thread then?

Unless you want to be a concern troll. I would like for people who say this to stick to their word.

Based on everything I've seen, this looks fun and for f2p, I will at least give it a try. If it's something that burns out after 5 hours then I will say that. I just don't want some narrative to be created that skews the conversation before it even begins.

And it has happened in several DD threads.

I do believe discussion is allowed, and negative opinions?
Shame Capcom made DD f2p, it could've been something great. There aren't enough good fantasy action games.

Dragons Dogma 2 would've been so much better recieved

Gurish

Guys, as soon as we realised It was online only game with procedural levels and all that shit it was obvious it wont come close to a cinematic tech demo in a close environment, get real.

We might get lucky coming close to those visuals in a big budget and very linear single player game near the end of the generation.

AmyS

I think it's pretty simple.

The very first trailer of Deep Down at the February 20th, 2013 PlayStation Meeting was real-time, but not in-game gameplay. -It had to have been running on PC hardware, CPU, GPU(s) / graphics card(s) with a higher overall spec than retail PS4 consoles.

Varth

r26fz4.jpg

I'm going to assume that the Uncharted 4 reveal at E3 is what the game may look like, and not that its locked in that it'll look that way at release. Think those screens are pre-rendered on both builds, and while the Uncharted 4 reveal was in realtime, I would not be surprised if or when the downgrade happens.

Not meaning to stop the inevitable 3-pages-trolling-showdown (soon to be featuring "master race" and so on), but did Naughty Dog ever give an official word of explaination for the rationale on those?

Not meaning to stop the inevitable 3-pages-trolling-showdown (soon to be featuring "master race" and so on), but did Naughty Dog ever give an official word of explaination for the rationale on those?

they're pre rendered cutscenes. there is no "downgrade", it was changed for aesthetic reasons.

Ryuuga

Banned
I'm just waiting to see their monetization plans.

My guess is some sort of fatigue system. You can only venture in so many dungeons before having to retire in your futuristic NY flat for 24 hrs UNLESS you buy some artifacts to continue your adventure for the low price of $2.99 each.

UrbanRats

Actually for me and many others, the selling point is the online co-op dungeon crawling / monster hunting element that is quite popular in Japan, with a twist of Dark Souls.
i'm interested in the game too, but the graphics are still the main reason why this game was on most people's radar.
The fact that there are some who are also interested in other aspects, doesn't really change that fact.

Grimløck;119035394 said:
So more reasons to be talking about graphics? :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Over a year and still not so much as a beta date, let alone a release date. Bad choice of game to show at the PS4 reveal.

The Trailer at the Ps4 reveal wasn't CG.
It was basically a tech-demo for the PantaRhei Engine, and I wouldn't be surprised if it could run on Ps4, even though it wasn't running on Ps4 back than since there wasn't any final hardware.

I wouldn't say the game has been downgraded, it still looks very good, easily the best looking 60FPS game on Ps4, especialy all these particle effects.
The art is different to the reveal trailer though. We haven't seen actual faces in the gameplay footage since then for example, they environments are also very different.
The dragon looks exactly like in the reveal for example.

So I'd say its hard to compare since the things shown in gameplay and in the revealtrailer are so different, maybe they haven't quite reach the fidelty of the revealtrailer, but its still a damn good looking game.

Would be a shame if it doesn't come to the west.

casmith07

I would recommend comparing it yourself on your PS3.

I don't recall my game ever looking like that. I think sometimes people "create" comparison shots to push an agenda, but I could be wrong.

Jawmuncher

Gotta say I have just about lost interest in this. Now that we have bloodborne coming and this is still a F2P title.

Ricker

Dragon's Dogma looked pretty bad on the 360,especially those in game cut scenes but it was awesome in motion...hopefully this is the case here but man,that first screenshot in the OP looks really really bad,for a current gen game...might as well still put up bullshots at this point instead lol...

Jobbs

Banned
Oh come on, they game looks really, really good.

2430404-3729539862-iWUhy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVC16GgveiU

yeah, I agree, it looks incredible -- one of the better looking games I've yet seen -- and yet the talk is of downgrades and things looking bad. I think there's something to Sterling's assertion that people will complain, regardless of how good it looks, if there is any odor of shenanigans when it comes to previous looks at the game.

Dragon's Dogma looked pretty bad on the 360,especially those in game cut scenes but it was awesome in motion...hopefully this is the case here but man,that first screenshot in the OP looks really really bad,for a current gen game...might as well still put up bullshots at this point instead lol...

Am I the only one who thought Dragon's Dogma had a very strong look? The framerate (on ps3 in particular) is really bad, but in terms of everyrthing else I always loved it. Beautiful animations, a world that feels alive as bushes and shrubs move with the wind or react to the power of spells being cast. Good lighting, too, with DARK nights. I love dark nights in games.

Top Bottom