• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Volcynika

JzH91YA.png

KM6EgG7.png

Modern society owes much to a mystical technology known as “orbal energy.” Fifty years ago, during what’s come to be known as the “Orbal Revolution,” the invention of this technology and the “orbments” developed from it led to a period of rapid human advancement, birthing innovations of all shapes and sizes -- not the least of which was the airliner, or “orbalship” industry. Although the positive impact of this revolution is obvious, every coin has a flipside; for every beneficial device developed with these new materials, so too were advanced weapons and other implements of war. Thus, the land became mired with turmoil, and remains in such a state even now.

Enter, the bracers: an organization established to serve as police and intermediaries alike, holding above all else the peace and safety of the lands under their jurisdiction. Whenever a citizen is in need of assistance, he or she may place a request at the local Bracer Guild -- and be it monster extermination, crime prevention or even peace talks among warring nations, the bracers will do whatever they can to resolve the matter cleanly and efficiently.

Some matters require a gentler touch than others, however. When an orbalship transporting a legendary "S-rank" bracer named Cassius Bright suddenly goes missing, said bracer's daughter, Estelle, and adoptive son, Joshua, must join forces in search of him across the entire Kingdom of Liberl.

pA106Wp.png

HSj2GhR.jpg

• The original version of the first chapter in this historical series, featuring strategic turn-based combat with unmatched customization.
  • Over 50 hours of gameplay on average, with countless side-quests, collectibles and secrets to encourage replay.
  • A vast world where every NPC has a name and personality, every town has its own unique politics and economic concerns, and no detail is ever trivial.
  • Support for a wide variety of fullscreen and widescreen resolutions, including true 1080p HD.
  • Fully adjustable controls supporting virtually any USB gamepad, as well as a standard keyboard and mouse setup.
  • Selectable difficulty level and new game+ features on subsequent playthroughs
  • Full voice-acting during combat
  • "Retry Offset" feature to lower the difficulty of battle with each attempt if desired
Features exclusive to the Steam version
  • Steam Achievements
  • Steam Cloud Save Support
  • Steam Trading Cards

3WDC7m9.png

D3qrjMS.png

Estelle is the daughter of S-rank Bracer Cassius Bright. She has a very straightforward and energetic personality, and she dreams one day of becoming a Bracer herself. Taught in the ways of martial arts by her father, she wields a bo-style staff.

ECOTAgf.png

Adopted five years ago when Cassius found him during a mission, Joshua has been raised to be a part of the Bright family. He is calm and rational, which is the complete opposite of Estelle's. Skilled in battle, he wields two blades at once.

XZp6DlS.png

A well known Bracer nicknamed the "Silver Streak" and former disciple of Estelle’s father, Scherazard is like a big sister to Joshua and Estelle. Her love of drinking is legendary and tends to cause more problems than expected.

FKD3Ges.png

Granddaughter of Liberl’s foremost Orbal scientist, Tita is a bit of a prodigy. Though since she is so young, she can at times be quite childish.

ko1pbuq.png

A respected Bracer that wields a heavy sword, Agate is known as the "Heavy Blade". Due to his opinion of novice Bracers, he doesn't get along well with Estelle and Joshua.

ukXbCyT.png

Kloe is a student at the Jenis Royal Academy near Ruan. A sweet and hard working girl, she helps out at an orphanage on her days off school. She has an unusually intelligent white falcon called Sieg as a pet.

CtOSz4C.png

A travelling musician with a narcissistic and eccentric personality, he will hit on anyone he considers attractive and is often an embarrassment to those around him.

mSu8C31.png

A Bracer from the Republic of Calvard to the East, Zane fights with his fists. The reason he has come to Liberl is to enter a martial arts tournament at Grancel’s Grand Arena.

aoGSyqA.jpg

gDhPCQ4.jpg

• Question: What took this game so long to come out? I thought it was coming out this past winter!
  • Answer: Technical reasons. And such. All explained in this post! The fact they did extra work to get as many of the PSP version's enhancements into the game took some extra time.

• Question: Is this a good place to start? Seems like a series that has many games!
  • Answer: Yup yup, this is a start of a trilogy, so no previous knowledge needed prior!

• Question: When is the second game out?
  • Answer: Noooooo one knows! Seems like it'll be late 2014/early 2015 currently, but it is coming!

• Question: What about the third game, are we getting that?
  • Answer: Nothing confirmed or announced, but it really depends on sales of this and the second chapter. No worries, as the first two games tie up the main threads of this story.

• Question: Will I be able to import my save to the second game?
  • Answer: Yes you will, you also get some bonuses and such thanks to a clear save!

• Question: Are there any future changes to this version in the planning?
  • Answer: There's a few here and there. They may be able to implement some of the HD assets from the PS3 version in the future too.

• Question: I played the first one on PSP, can I import my PSP save to this version somehow?
  • Answer: Nope, sorry.

• Question: Does this have the original JP voice acting?
  • Answer: No, the voice acting is only battle cries, and all they could give us was English. Though you can easily copy the JP version's voice files into the game's folder and use them! Note, it is illegal to get these if you don't own the Japanese PC version, so don't ask for them in this thread!

• Question: I have the JP PC version, any way to use saves from that?
  • Answer: Yes, if you have a save, it should work if you copy saves over to your Steam/GOG version! But it does not work the other way. If you make a save in the Steam/GOG version, you can not get it to work in the JP PC version. Saves should also be compatible between the Steam and GOG versions.

• Question: I heard the monster guide won't be in at launch, what about all my monster info, will it be lost after being patched in?
  • Answer: No worries! The tracking system is in there, so when the guide is patched in, you will have all your monster details in the guide.

If you want to see a hefty amount of discussion, check out the thread for the PSP version here!

Now let's look forward to enjoying some TitS! :D

Special Thanks: NomadicTrooperGirl, notworksafe, dragon1893, Varion, and Aeana.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Great job! So glad it's is finally here. I hope this can find an audience on PC.

ZenaxPure

Going to get it day one. Been looking forward to this for a long time as the combat looked a lot of fun, but I didn't want to play it on PSP really. So glad it's finally coming to steam.

Hope it does well for them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My preorder is rea-

Actually I guess it isn't, because they aren't letting us preorder. In that case I'll have to remember to hop on Steam on day 1.

Seda

Good job with the OP.

Definitely a game worth repurchasing/replaying. I might not be able to get to it for some time though. Hope PC players enjoy it.

Despite having already played it on PSP this is still one of my most anticipated releases of the year.
If you like rpgs do yourself a favor and grab this gem. You'll be getting a fantastic game and contributing towards making future releases happen.

ZenaxPure

My preorder is rea-

Actually I guess it isn't, because they aren't letting us preorder. In that case I'll have to remember to hop on Steam on day 1.

Yeah I thought this was weird (though to be honest I've never ever preordered a game on steam so maybe it's not). Was totally going to preorder it and then got a bit sad when I couldn't.

Hubb

I'm sad this is releasing the same day that TLoU is, but I have to support Trails in the Sky. I'll be buying this day one. Do we know the price yet, I haven't been keeping up with this and don't see a price listed in Steam.

kiriin

A quote from one of the treasure chest might be a worthy subtitle ;p

I'm sad this is releasing the same day that TLoU is, but I have to support Trails in the Sky. I'll be buying this day one. Do we know the price yet, I haven't been keeping up with this and don't see a price listed in Steam.

Price: $19.99 (Launch week discount of 15%)

Shizuka

$20, 15% off the first week.

BTW, there's no european price yet, that's why it's not in the OP. Xseed said that they were trying to price it fairly, meaning no $1=1€.

The title "Tits on your PC" crossed my mind but I dunno...

aravuus

Olivier best character 2014

I just finished the PSP version but I think I'll buy it anyway to show my support etc. I want more of these games localized.

BTW, there's no european price yet, that's why it's not in the OP. Xseed said that they were trying to price it fairly, meaning no $1=1€.

Better be 15 euros then

Dereck

What's with XSEED porting their RPGs to PC, and what's with other JRPG developers not porting their RPGs to PC?

Almighty

I am so glad it is finally getting a PC release in the West. I have been wanting to play this game for a long time, but I just can't play games on a handheld. I have tried before and I just can't do it. So XSEED made my day when they announced the Steam release and I have been waiting patiently for this game since. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

My body is ready for TitS, but my wallet is not. I am trying to spread the word as much as possible, and have several of my friends picking up copies. I will be bearing the burden for a few of my other friends. Everyone deserves TitS in their life, and when SC is finally released, we can enjoy TitS in a pair as was intended.

I just finished the PSP version but I think I'll buy it anyway to show my support etc. I want more of these games localized.

Better be 15 euros then

Please do if you can afford it, it's crucial for future releases to be considered and these guys really deserve it, bringing this over to PC (and localizing it in the first place) was no joke.
Read the blog linked in the OT for more insight on this.

Shizuka

What's with XSEED porting their RPGs to PC, and what's with other JRPG developers not porting their RPGs to PC?

They're not porting games to the PC, they're just releasing PC games. This is a PC game, they didn't have to bring it from one platform to the PC.

Steam's got a burgeoning JRPG-loving userbase that has singlehandedly revived the Ys games in the West. No reason why XSEED shouldn't trust them to do the same for the Kiseki games. Carpe Fulgur's success with its three games on Steam already paved the way!

Also, why can't I choose to play at the highest difficulty setting for my first game? What if I dislike my playthrough and opt not to replay? Not saying it'll happen, but I keep hearing that the fights in this game are easy-peasy.

My body is ready for TitS, but my wallet is not. I am trying to spread the word as much as possible, and have several of my friends picking up copies. I will be bearing the burden for a few of my other friends. Everyone deserves TitS in their life, and when SC is finally released, we can enjoy TitS in a pair as was intended.

That is awesome man. Seriously.

Shantom

Olivier best character 2014

Better be 15 euros then
XSEED's last $20 release on Steam is £13/€16 over here, so I'd expect that.

The title "Tits on your PC" crossed my mind but I dunno...

Ys Origin is $19.99 and 15.99€ so I guess that is what we can expect here as well. I hope so at least.

Looking forward to uncovering nefarious mushroom plans with Estelle and Joshua all over again.

I sat on this for way too long after purchasing it on PSP. Don't throw it in your backlogs, folks!

Ys Origin is $19.99 and 15.99€ so I guess that is what we can expect here as well. I hope so at least.

I agree but we don't even know if they will indeed do a proper currency conversion (they said they'd "try") so it's better to wait for the official price and not make assumptions.

Top Bottom