• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Xena

I can't wait for the 29th! I had played on the PSP when it was released but I'll be picking up for my PC as well!

I agree but we don't even know if they will indeed do a proper currency conversion (they said they'd "try") so it's better to wait for the official price and not make assumptions.

All three of XSEEDs games on Steam (which are also all Falcom games) use this "fair" conversion, so I don't see why this one wouldn't. Otherwise there's always cross regional gifting.

Great OT..This is such a great game. It helped me deal with depression when it came out. It will always have a special place in my heart. I can't wait for SC

currently playing right now over the PSP emulator. It is a enjoyable game and I will be buying the second and third parts over steam when they come out.

Hubb

Also, why can't I choose to play at the highest difficulty setting for my first game? What if I dislike my playthrough and opt not to replay? Not saying it'll happen, but I keep hearing that the fights in this game are easy-peasy.

It was probably how the game was designed. I wouldn't worry too much though. I'm sure it wont be that hard for someone to figured out how to edit the difficulty setting in for your first playthrough.

Ludovico

Despite really wanting to pick op the GOG version because:
1 - I know I'll get it cheaper on steam during a holiday sale
2 - DRM free

I think I'm going to jump for the steam copy so that:
1 - My friends can see me playing (I know I can do this with any game...)
2 - FC hopefully breaks into top sellers for awhile

Either way, can't wait to contribute my dollar to a great team.

Still can't believe this is actually happening (and SC... eventually!).

Definitely going to be grabbing this and trying to convince other people to try it, especially since it's on a more viable platform.

Ricker

Estelle is great and so is Joshua,they are good together...never finished it on the PSP,I am near the end but not sure what to do or where to go everytime I want to get back into it...might have to check a walkthrough or FAQ but I am scared of spoilers,especially since everyone talks about that ending...

This game doesn't stand out to me in any way when I look at it, but when I read people talk about it, it's apparently the most amazing thing ever or something. What's the deal, specifically? Amazing story/amazing combat/amazing everything?

I'll probably get this anyway, because it's a JRPG on the PC and that's a good thing that should happen more often.

JRPG on the PC and that's a good thing that should happen more often.
This is why we think it's awesome: PC doesn't have that many solid, humongous JRPGs to speak of, not unless we're counting Western titles like Silver or Septerra Core (and they're usually shorter). If SC comes out in early of next year, then the timing's also pretty good for those just getting into the series, assuming they FC over winter holiday and then don't have to wait much longer for the bulk of the action.

Estelle is great and so is Joshua,they are good together...never finished it on the PSP,I am near the end but not sure what to do or where to go everytime I want to get back into it...might have to check a walkthrough or FAQ but I am scared of spoilers,especially since everyone talks about that ending...

Check your bracer notebook in game and look at the latest non-sidequest.

This game doesn't stand out to me in any way when I look at it, but when I read people talk about it, it's apparently the most amazing thing ever or something. What's the deal, specifically? Amazing story/amazing combat/amazing everything?

I'll probably get this anyway, because it's a JRPG on the PC and that's a good thing that should happen more often.

Great (if slow-burn) story, world-building and character development.

Nice music.

Good everything else.

Plus the seventh game in the series in coming out in a few months in Japan and it sells consistently well over there, so you know it's something very special : )

CrazyDude

I was the same way when I first looked at, but I found this to be one of the best world building games around. It helps that every npc has multiple dialogues and little stories of their own as the game progresses, making it feel like it's a living world. I love the interaction of the characters as well.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I stopped playing the PSP port after they announced this for pc. Let's how the sales pick up and they will start bring their games for PC.

Yuterald

The game starts out/appears to be a classic, innocent Grandia/Lunar-like adventure, but by the end of the game you'll realize you haven't played an RPG with world-building and character development as good as this since probably the early Suikoden titles. The last 5-10 hours of this game is probably my favorite shit ever still. Need SC, hard.

Gothos

Nice OT! Gonna be there Day-1 on Steam unless the price will be fucked up then I'll take my money to GOG. Anyway, because of this game I won't be buying 3DS XL in the nearest future. Damn you XSEED! ;)

The game starts out/appears to be a classic, innocent Grandia/Lunar-like adventure, but by the end of the game you'll realize you haven't played an RPG with world-building and character development as good as this since probably the early Suikoden titles. The last 5-10 hours of this game is probably my favorite shit ever still. Need SC, hard.

You don't realize just how much you care about those characters until that ending punches you in the gut like a ton of bricks.

You don't realize just how much you care about those characters until that ending punches you in the gut like a ton of bricks.

So true.

krossj

Think I might start this again now. Only got 5 hours through it a couple of years ago and have been wanting to play it again.

Baust

Can any post the difference between the PSP and the PS3 assets?
Google isn't helping.

The official site for the PS3 version has a few comparison shots:

KbVwMjJ.png

Aeana

Can any post the difference between the PSP and the PS3 assets?
Google isn't helping.

For the record, the PC version always had higher quality textures and sprites than the PSP version, which was a down-port from PC to begin with. The PS3 version had higher quality interface graphics, and a few other things, but you'll see most of the difference before they even get around to adding the PS3 stuff to this.

FLD

Can someone please explain to me how the save transfer works and what the benefits are? I tried googling it but couldn't find a clear answer.

I'm on chapter 3 on the PSP version and I've already missed a few side-quests so I'm not going to be able to have a perfect clear save. I'm trying to figure out if I should bother doing a perfect run in NG+ before SC comes out.

Corpekata

Banned
Only played a bit of this as a download on Vita. Was rather enjoying it but ended up having to get rid of the Vita temporarily, so think I'll just pick up where I left off on Steam, wasn't too far in. Seemed pretty great.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Oh, wait. This is coming out for PC!? I just picked it up for Vita... Oh, well, I guess if I ever play a JRPG like this one, it's probably going to be on a handheld console. And after hearing so many things about it, it's one of my priorities right now.

Shizuka

Oh, wait. This is coming out for PC!? I just picked it up for Vita... Oh, well, I guess if I ever play a JRPG like this one, it's probably going to be on a handheld console. And after hearing so many things about it, it's one of my priorities right now.

The PSP version is almost just as good, you aren't missing out by playing the PSP version.

Top Bottom