• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German PS4, XB1, PS3, 360 LTD's as of June 2014 via GFK

Germany (through June):

Hardware LTDs:
PS4: 540,000
XB1: 170,000

PS3: 4,200,000
360: ~2,100,000 [OP note: 360 LTD given as half as many as PS3 so not exact]

Software YTD:

1: Watchdogs (€18m)

Publisher Market Share:

1: Electronic Arts (16.7%)
2: Nintendo (13.2%)
3: Ubisoft (13.1%)

Obviously credit to BKK for finding this

Source appears to be GFK which is comparable to NPD for Europe

Rough Translation said:
This is clear from the current data from the market research company Media Control GfK for the month of June

-----------------------

Remember that

PS4 2013 German YTD = 250,000
XB1 2013 German YTD = 100,000

Thus

PS4 2014 German YTD = 290,000
XB1 2014 German YTD = 70,000

jayu26

How many of those Xbones were imported by people in Tier 2 countries. For that matter would Tier 2 folks have imported their Xboned from Germany or someplace else?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How many of those Xbones were imported by people in Tier 2 countries. For that matter would Tier 2 folks have imported their Xboned from Germany or someplace else?
I posted it in the other thread already, but you can get a Kinect-less Xbox One directly from Amazon.de for 373€ right now. Sounds like a good place to get one, if you ask me.

Vashetti

Banned
mind-the-gap.jpg

oti

Banned
Anecdote. Getting an Xbox One pretty much means giving up on the way bigger gaming community. I know (online + real life) at least >30 people with a PS4 compared to like 3 with an Xbox One. Owners of multiple consoles buy the 3rd party games (like Destiny) on PS4 because "that's where the community is". How things have changed, it was the complete opposite during Xbox 360 times. Even here in Germany.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Anecdote. Getting an Xbox One pretty much means giving up on the way bigger gaming community. I know (online + real life) at least >30 people with a PS4 compared to like 3 with an Xbox One. Owners of multiple consoles buy the 3rd party games (like Destiny) on PS4 because "that's where the community is". How things have changed, it was the complete opposite during Xbox 360 times. Even here in Germany.
That was the weird thing during that generation. More people had PS3s, but I always felt like the most active people played on 360, which probably helped with sales, too.
That has changed now, of course.

Xando

A friend of mine who lifes in Amsterdam told me the local Media markt(German retailer) shops all have XB1s available. They probably are from Germany.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
As far as I know Netherlands and Belgium (Media Markt) for imported from Germany.

I'm assuming Sweden and Denmark would be the same. I've heard about Sweden before and Denmark is an obvious choice because of the border.

Into

There is a huge problem with your division and marketing when with a year headstart, cheaper price, better multiplats and initial better online, you still get outsold 2:1 (360 vs PS3)

They didnt bother to address any of it until recent mass firings for their EU divison, and now they are getting destroyed even harder as the advantage is no longer in their court.

I just dont understand why they are so passive, yet talk such a big game, do they really think they can only rely on North America? Best case scenario was 360, and they wont reach those numbers with XB1 without the advantage that the 360 had.

BKK

And at least here in Finland Germany is the source for all imported Xbones. Would not surprise me if this is true for most of other tier two countries too.

Retail chains in Tier 2 countries would order from distributors, not retailers. So those shouldn't be tracked in Germany. Of course individuals importing from German retailers would be tracked, but I wouldn't imagine that's a significant number considering the wide availability in their home countries from the retail chains importing themselves.

ValeYard

Ps4s were super rare here until very recently, whereas xbox ones were generally in stock, so no surprise there.

I actually got an x1 first. Still can't believe that you have to either set a different country or use the entire console in German including in game language. It's a console for early 20th century nationalism prior to globalization and the founding of the EU.

PS3 was so late last gen in Europe, so maybe that's a reason why MS was able to catch up a bit. But this gen, with Kinect as "Überwacher" I think they will have lost important mind and market share. In German people even abbreviate Playstation, die "Playse". You can't do that with Xbox ;)

Xando

That was the weird thing during that generation. More people had PS3s, but I always felt like the most active people played on 360, which probably helped with sales, too.
That has changed now, of course.
I agree the 360 was always my "online and multiplatform" console.

isn't this pretty much expected?

Actually I find the XB1 numbers fairly surprising

Compared with US sales of the XB1

US XB1 2013 YTD = 1817k, ~ 62% of total LTD
US XB1 2014 YTD = 1099k, ~ 38% of total LTD

German XB1 2013 YTD = 100k, ~ 59% of total LTD
German XB1 2014 YTD = 70k, ~ 41% of total LTD

This somehow implies that Germany was less front-loaded than the US for XB1 sales, relatively of course

Steroyd

3:1 overall, 4:1 currently in this year's sales, Germany considered the key supplier to tier 2 countries.

Not surprised at the ratio, but at least we can gauge the type of drop the turn of the year has seen in countries like Germany.

As far as I know, the Netherlands and Belgium are heavily importing from our country, and probably some more countries. Without these imports it would be at least a 5:1 situation which is outstanding.

Xbox One sales are still pretty high although there is basically no reason why anyone should pick a Xbox One over the PS4 in Germany.

Bruno MB

Do you know what its current numbers are?

Wii U that is

No, the latest Wii U figure I have is 160,000 as of September 2013.

Code:
[B]LTD for other systems (as of September 2013)[/B]

Nintendo DS - 7,500,000
PlayStation 2 - 5,900,000
Wii - 4,600,000
PlayStation 3 - Now 4,200,000 (+300,000 in the last 9 months)
Xbox 360 - 2,400,000 (OP has it at ~2,100,000 because the report says PS3 sold twice as many systems as Xbox 360)
PlayStation Portable - 2,000,000
Nintendo 3DS - 1,600,000
PlayStation Vita - 200,000
Wii U - 160,000

Xater

No, the latest Wii U figure I have is 160,000 as of September 2013.

Code:
[B]LTD for other systems (as of September 2013)[/B]

Nintendo DS - 7,500,000
PlayStation 2 - 5,900,000
Wii - 4,600,000
PlayStation 3 - Now 4,200,000 (+300,000 in the last 9 months)
Xbox 360 - 2,400,000 (OP has it at ~2,100,000 because the report says PS3 sold twice as many systems as Xbox 360)
PlayStation Portable - 2,000,000
Nintendo 3DS - 1,600,000
PlayStation Vita - 200,000
Wii U - 160,000

Which means it's not unlikely that the Wii U is ahead of the Xbone. I think the Mario Kart bundle moved pretty well over here.

Retail chains in Tier 2 countries would order from distributors, not retailers. So those shouldn't be tracked in Germany. Of course individuals importing from German retailers would be tracked, but I wouldn't imagine that's a significant number considering the wide availability in their home countries from the retail chains importing themselves.
Wouldn't their agreements with the platform holders prohibit that sort of activity?

Actually I find the XB1 numbers fairly surprising

Compared with US sales of the XB1

US XB1 2013 YTD = 1817k, ~ 62% of total LTD
US XB1 2014 YTD = 1099k, ~ 38% of total LTD

German XB1 2013 YTD = 100k, ~ 59% of total LTD
German XB1 2014 YTD = 70k, ~ 41% of total LTD

This somehow implies that Germany was less front-loaded than the US for XB1 sales, relatively of course
I can think of a couple of reasons. Weren't Germans extra suspicious of Kinect? They may have seen a bigger bump from the new SKU than the US did.

If the gray market really does buy from retail, they may have been stocking up for their own "launches" of the new SKU.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Which means it's not unlikely that the Wii U is ahead of the Xbone. I think the Mario Kart bundle moved pretty well over here.

What do you mean not unlikely, The XB1 is tracking around the same as the Wii U is in Germany launch aligned. Wii U has an extra year. It's a about as factual as you can possibly get without the numbers. No how long said lead lasts is another question entirely.

RoKKeR

Damn the bone is struggling, things must look dire everywhere outside of the US.

Really have to wonder how MS responds in the coming years. Will definitely be following closely as it's my go-to console for the generation.

Top Bottom