• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate - |OT| Once more into the Abyss, dear friends

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

cOMy1jz.png

KUvRkBQ.png

cubgrqC.png

0ziOxip.png

rN4WUBg.png

83O8Ql6.png

PUIGADi.png

*Will update when I have something recorded

areIgan.png

vauxWwT.jpg

For those who have bought & have save data for Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss you will get the following bonuses for having purchased / played the game.
  • Operation Abyss character portraits.
  • Power Recorder x 5 (portable save points)
  • Hachi's Manly Spirit Pack (raises enemy levels when equipped)

9dcP8Pt.png

#1:
Q: What type of game is this?
A: Its a first person dungeon crawler, based off of the Wizardry Xth series. This company Experience Inc. / Team Muramasa, first person dungeon crawlers is pretty much all they make.

#2:
Q: Im new to dungeon crawlers should I buy this game?
A: If you do not care that this is the 3rd game in a series, then by all means feel free to pick it up. The game is not exactly meant for new comers to the series, as it basically expects folks to be used to the general mechanics with the Xth series along with how stats and such are written. But for those who want to start on the Xth series I do suggest the previously released Vita game Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss.

#3:
Q: Does this work on a "Western" VITA?
A: Yep the physical version should work just fine. Digital also as long as you have a JPSN account to download with. Though you will need JPSN point cards also if you do plan on doing a digital purchase through the JPSN. IF any DLC is released and you want to download it you will need a JPSN account. Updates can be done with any regions account.

#4:
Q: Do I need to know Japanese to play this game?
A: Not exactly, but at the same time it would help or else you wouldnt know what the skill / item effects are. On top of missing out on the story. There is the other part of not knowing what to do at times. But if you just want a dungeon crawler to play by all means import away.

#5:
Q: Any word on localization for the West?
Nothing yet currently. If they were going to release this title to the West, it most def would have to be after Operation Abyss. Reason being is this is considered to be the "3rd" game in the Xth series. Takes place after the first 2 Xth games / Operation Abyss. (Operation Abyss is a remake of 1 & 2 which combines the 2 shorter Xth titles into a single one.)

#6:
Q: Does this game have any connection to other series?
A: Yes its connected to the XTH series, this is the most recent game in the Xth series and takes place after the first 2 titles. Which is the same as if someone went and played Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss

#7:
Q: What are the differences between this game and the previously released Cross Blood Infinity?
A: New Boss [Ascention]
New Weapon [God Muramasa]
PS Vita TV support
Asides from those three it pretty much has all of the same content as Cross Blood Infinity + Updates to the game balance / system.
Also the Bonus items / portraits from having Operation Abyss save data.

#8:
Q: Oh dear god Masa is an old man? I thought he was a she?!
A: Nope, Masa was originally designed like this and no idea why it changed for Operation Abyss. Other surprise is that Masa isnt an old man either, hes actually 23.

Z8SXIXN.png

http://www.amiami.com/
http://www.nippon-yasan.com/
http://www.play-asia.com/
*Disclaimer: Neither GAF nor myself has any sort of affiliation with the following sites above. These are just the most common ones members frequently speak of when it comes to online import shops and these links are for the convenience of the members who are still interested in importing the Japanese or Asian version of the game. Mods if you feel this is inappropriate let me know and will remove this section.

PERmAqd.png

Thanks goes out to Experience Inc. for the resources used to make up the graphics in this OT.
*Disclaimer: I Have no official affiliation to Experience Inc.

0iStSoE.png

Parakeetman

Will update the FAQ and a few other things later.

This OT is a lot more simple that the others just mainly due to the lack of general resources / time. Not to mention there usually is only a handful of us in these DRPG ones so dont really need anything too fancy lol.

As usual with my OTs any clickable image is a link to something / larger image.

Parakeetman

AMAZING OT!!!

Also,
giveittomenow.gif

Thanks man!

Ill try to update more info on it later on. Need to get some rest, but this should be the majority of all the graphics and no real new info is needed since for the most part its similar to Infinity cept with a few fixes and other things.

CrovaxPSO

OT looks great! I'm ready to start my playthrough on the non-Ultimate edition (trying Infinity Mode without a 2nd melee damage character).

Parakeetman

OT looks great! I'm ready to start my playthrough on the non-Ultimate edition (trying Infinity Mode without a 2nd melee damage character).

Thanks!

Before I go through this game I seriously need to power myself through Operation Abyss as just have not had time thanks to work and the stupid crowdedass commute. D:

Guess we will be migrating over to this thread from the Operation Abyss one haha

hmmmm new problem cant see the section titles on mobile dark setting. might have to fix that tonight and hope doesnt come out shit looking (´・ω・`)

Dorarnae

this one is maybe a bit harder to import for those who doesnt know japanese. I remember one dungeon where you have to answer some riddle.

Parakeetman

Shouldn't be too much trouble as long as you can navigate the wiki.

as usual looks like its going to be us 3 stuck together again. lol

this one is maybe a bit harder to import for those who doesnt know japanese. I remember one dungeon where you have to answer some riddle.

think op abyss falls into that category too due to the "puzzles" that are present at times. the graveyard being one of them (;・∀・)

CrovaxPSO

Cleared the first few quests, forgot that the inventory menus are more clumsy in this. They did a good job streamlining it for Operation Abyss.

Pro tip for anyone getting this, do not open the lockers in the first dungeon :(

Parakeetman

haha

Im still trying to beat op abyss before starting this. Though I might open it up tonight to record some early footage and character creation.

Just got back from the grocery store and need to start dinner, will see about messing with the game a little while it simmers.

Do hope to get into the game by this week if I can finish out Op Abyss.

Ill have to start on the dungeon travelers 2 OT earlier since wont be able to pull that one off in a few hours, even with all the graphics set to the side.

Dorarnae

Cleared the first few quests, forgot that the inventory menus are more clumsy in this. They did a good job streamlining it for Operation Abyss.

Pro tip for anyone getting this, do not open the lockers in the first dungeon :(

yeah those dinosaurs in lockers are nasty. I even got killed once with my high level party because they did something that instantly killed everyone...but there's a trophy later to find every locker in the game..

Dorarnae

advancing pretty fast. I have a weird team(front row) but it seems to work,.
a fighter/samurai, samurai/monk and archer/assassin

I think the Knight/monk combo is pretty good, countering all the hit he receive...maybe I'll change someone to that.

Parakeetman

advancing pretty fast. I have a weird team(front row) but it seems to work,.
a fighter/samurai, samurai/monk and archer/assassin

I think the Knight/monk combo is pretty good, countering all the hit he receive...maybe I'll change someone to that.

Thats a pretty interesting idea knight / monk makes sense.

I wonder how the archer assassin is.

Dorarnae

Thats a pretty interesting idea knight / monk makes sense.

I wonder how the archer assassin is.

so I changed to

knight/monk, samurai/warrior and kept my archer/assassin

maybe scholar would of been better with the archer, he already had quite a high luck stat, but lowering AC is good hehe.

Top Bottom