• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars minus John Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Hahahaha , it just goes to show how vital a role the music plays in films.

Especially Star Wars. I'm not sure if it was George Lucas who said it, but I remember hearing a quote where someone was talking about the importance of Williams' score and how Star Wars could be basically understood without the dialogue track because the music told the story with all the different themes.

Interesting that they had Jupiter at the start - it's really clear when you listen to it that Williams was very heavily influenced by Holst.

This is hilarious because it just doesn't work without the score. Real life would have dialog to state why they are there and why they are being presented with awards.

But this isn't actually from the sound stage, is it? I thought it was someone being funny and overdubbing everything.

I remember back when Star Wars was released, one of the guys in Kraftwerk said he loved the film, but the music was all wrong, and that Star Wars should have had cutting edge electronic music. LOL

Ryck

Chewie HOLY FUCK...

I'm in tears...

Actors deserve awards for not busting up laughing every time he "roared".

mm04

Hahahah oh man, I'm dying here. I would've gotten a huge case of the giggles if I was in the crowd. My stomach would've been killing me trying to hold in laughter.

You know, I've had this conversation with friends before. I proposition that something like 80% of the feel of Star Wars comes from the music and the sound effects. Hearing it put to the test pretty much confirms it for me.

Now David Prowse's voice vs James Earl Jones can make a difference as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

Sounds like.
328047_39a8_1024x2000.jpg

B.K.

That video just reminds me how weird it's going to be not having John Williams around when Disney inevitably does Episodes X-XII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom