• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars minus John Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Hilarious. But I thought this was about future SW movies when they are made without John Williams. :(

It will never be the same.

I thought that's what the thread was going to be about. Honestly, the last worthwhile JW soundtrack came out almost ten years ago (Munich). I'll be surprised if his EP7 work is actually great. I was hoping Giachinno would take over SW duties, but alas, thie movie is about pushing dem nostalgia buttons.

B.K.

I was hoping Giachinno would take over SW duties, but alas, thie movie is about pushing dem nostalgia buttons.

John Williams is as much a part of Star Wars as anything else. A Star Wars without him won't be a real Star Wars.

This is why it annoyed me so much they added the Vader saying "No... no nooo!" shit to the end of Jedi.

Ruined the music cue thing. It was THE pivotal moment of the whole saga and it was perfect. No words had to be said, the perfect music and the imagery spoke to the audience and made us feel how we were meant to feel for generations.

Then suddenly he decides you know, I think I need to spell it out in the stupidest way possible completely ruining the moment. Now you can't even hear it properly cause you're distracted by an obviously and terribly added voice over POS.

Music is that important!

I think its one of the only changes to the movies nerds go on about that I actually got bent-out-of-shape over myself.

Holy God, I just found this one someone did of the famous scene from Rocky and it made me bust out laughing even more than the Star Wars video with Chewie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNgauJMdZbc

This completely sums up Stallone's acting ability.

This is why it annoyed me so much they added the Vader saying "No... no nooo!" shit to the end of Jedi.

Ruined the music cue thing. It was THE pivotal moment of the whole saga and it was perfect. No words had to be said, the perfect music and the imagery spoke to the audience and made us feel how we were meant to feel for generations.

Then suddenly he decides you know, I think I need to spell it out in the stupidest way possible completely ruining the moment. Now you can't even hear it properly cause you're distracted by an obviously and terribly added voice over POS.

Music is that important!

I think its one of the only changes to the movies nerds go on about that I actually got bent-out-of-shape over myself.

I'm getting to the point where I believe general audiences need it spelled out for them like that.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Music is that important!

True. But it did birth this: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

BTW just found this video today and busted out laughing out loud at work at Chewbacca, so... bump.

sphagnum

Banned
Their prequel trilogy parody edits are pretty good and bizarrely make Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship seem more real.

Palpatine as a business magnate, Obi-Wan as a junky, General Grievous as a hospital manager, and Padme friendzoning Anakin are all pretty amusing.

Palpatine as a business magnate, Obi-Wan as a junky, General Grievous as a hospital manager, and Padme friendzoning Anakin are all pretty amusing.

And most amazingly - the best possible characterization of Threepio I never knew I needed.

The Threepio in those dubs is THE BEST POSSIBLE Threepio there could be. I love him.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Their prequel trilogy parody edits are pretty good and bizarrely make Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship seem more real.

Links? You can't just talk about it and leave us hanging! :(

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit that was awesome. It's 4am and I'm crying due to laughter. Probably because it's 4am, but holy shit...sooooo awkward. I love it. I want more!

red731

Now this was amazing.

I was rolling at that Chewbacca howl
KuGsj.gif

Alucard

Banned
Have watched the first two Star Wars eps. So good.

"What are metaclorians?"
"It's heroine."

"Do you want to buy some drugs, Larry?"
"That's why I'm here."

I'm dead.

Coreda

That chewie scream, my sides :lol

You know, I've had this conversation with friends before. I proposition that something like 80% of the feel of Star Wars comes from the music and the sound effects. Hearing it put to the test pretty much confirms it for me.

Once watched ROTJ muted with subtitles and it was most boring. The sound makes up for a lot in these films, and I think you're right in that it sets the tone more than most things.

Atruvius

D.Lo

This is the best channel ever...

Star Wars prequels were already worth it for Plinkett, and yet they keep on giving!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy fuck I should not have watched that at work, I'm trying to hard not to laugh I'm tearing up. Chewbacca's second roar absolutely killed me, had to stop it there.

psychotron

Saw the comment about Chewbacca's roar. Was still caught off guard and laughed out loud at my desk....at work. Not even ashamed, it's funny as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom