• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace returning to theaters for its 25th anniversary on May 3rd

ManaByte

Gold Member
GF-f7v3XoAAfzxA

Now a whole new generation can be exposed to the first time people were very angry over Star Wars.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Not watching, although the nostalgia is huge

Me and my dad watched the original trilogy numerous times so we were exceptionally hyped for the new episodes

Vyse

Gold Member
Disney. Knowing their audience. Brainstorming must have been epic. Okay, we need an idea so we can go to lunch. How about we remind folks of the biggest disappointment of a generation. Let’s release the Phantom Menace again? Stopping drilling she/he/them/it. You hit oil!
End scene.

Trunx81

I watched it on pirate VHS.
It was the first movie I watched downloaded from the internet. Friend of mine had a faster connection and burned it on CD. I remember that we watched it together on his small CRT in his basement and at the end I thought that the bad quality probably affected my liking of the film. Went to the cinema to see it, but the quality of the movie didn’t change ..

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's fucking garbage but I sure did love it when I was 7.

Had the Jar-Jar Walker's Crisps sticky tongue toy only UK gaffers will remember.

BlackTron

Hard to describe the marketing around this movie when it was originally released. It was EVERYWHERE, and I mean everywhere.

A week or two before the movie came out, there was the official launch day of the merchandise. My dad and I were inside Toys R Us for the midnight floodgates, and subsequently found our faces in the mob picture on the front page of the local paper. I still have it (but I don't show it off).

That's how big this movie was before it even came out...

They should reinstate some cut footage

Soltype

It's funny , the last Star wars movie I saw in theaters was the phantom menace 3D re-release in 2012, and now I'm going to watch phantom menace again in theaters. I hope it's the original and not the one they fiddled with, I'd like to see the 1999 35 mm print again. This movie looks much better on film, I see the effects just look better on it.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I went to see this at the movies with a buddy while tripping hard on acid and it fucking sucked. I said it before and it’s worth repeating, there are only 3 Star Wars movies. SW, Empire and Jedi. Everything else is bullshit.

Codes 208

I didnt hate this movie as much as people wanted me to. Its an example of why the comical relief shouldnt have too much screen time and the tatooine section dragged along to long but otherwise i thought it was decent.

Definitely better than 2, 8 and 9, thats for sure.

Also it gave us Duel of the Fates and that track still fucking slaps

Last edited:
I love the prequel trilogy and I grew up seeing the original trilogy. I like how the prequels were different yet also the same. They were original and lots of fun.

It's too bad Disney messed it up with the sequel trilogy. And it's only gotten worse. Obi Wan show was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. I should have already given up after the sequel trilogy but some of these Disney Plus Star Wars shows are absolutely terrible.

Top Bottom