• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter Oct 3 - Oct 30 preview build

Hnnggggg

iMWoWE4xAUjG3.gif

October 3rd to end of October

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/996898

So glad I preordered.

46Odrey.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i think i supported them through the amazon payments link, but im not sure, is there a way i can find out?

It's been changed to Oct 3-5, next weekend! Good for me cause I had other stuff to do before that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/996643
Drifters. It's been a very short time since our last update.

As always, your support has granted us the time we need to do things right. After a long conversation with the team last night and this morning, we decided to release the three day Preview Build next weekend, October 3rd through the 5th.

Join us on the Twitch stream this Friday at 5pm PST, for an extended hang out to answer questions and comments.

See you then, kind souls.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
New Email
Drifters, we have one more update for you on the subject of the Preview.

Updated Details

After backer feedback and much discussion internally, we have decided to extend our preview build! This means it will run from the 3rd of October through the end of the month.

We had originally planned a brief window for this build in order to gather as much information on play-throughs without overwhelming ourselves with data and feedback, and to keep the content from getting old for everyone, as it is specifically limited in scope - keeping the story tightly under wraps, targeting particular systems and testing out others.

However, allowing everyone who supported us at this level (and above) the time to participate and help inform the foundation of the game is important! Some wouldn't be able to join in on the 3 day weekend, thus, the extended timing.

A project for your eyes and ears to consume

A friend has a wonderful project currently winding down on Kickstarter. If you find this title worthy of your time, please consider supporting it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rekcahdam/band-saga

Final Bits

We'll keep doing updates as usual, on the once-per month cycle. Keep well, kind backers.

CRS

BzATVd0CMAAqNuc.png:large

Only two more.

Streaming the last two. Archive of the 14 I've collected so far is also available. I'll see if I can do a perfect 16 run this weekend.

Bleep

Is there a way to unlock the game from 30fps? If there isn't, I really hope the full game lets you do this. It's strange to play a 2d action focused game with a low framerate.

Whoah, that was fucking fun! Hearing about save issues, I blasted it in one go and have seemed to come full circle so it kind of repeats again? Right after this shows up with the rain and birdies.

i80pht4VKQLMP.png

It's a blast to play. The guns and sword dynamic with the dashing movement is really satisfying. I like aiming the guns sometimes to wreck far away enemies, especially homing RPG dudes. At first I was wary of just one melee attack but realised it's rhythmic so if you get consecutive hits, you go hyper and can slash fools in one hit. On regular enemies, you can get 2 hits in but right around that, they'll pounce and so that's when I use the dash. I thought the samurai enemies
i3MZBsUqtlnHt.jpg
would be much harder but their only thing is they can block your shots and get staggered by slashes. Near the end when you have 4 gorillas jumping around (dat shadow) on screen at once with tiles disappearing/appearing all over the map (and using those to your advantage), desperately zipping around for health items, it's intense! Framerate actually dips (laptop here), but that's a polish thing. I wish it can go to 60fps cause this seems like one of those games fit for the precision.

Slashing at bullets/missiles to return to sender (which you can aim) is so awesome.

The bloody footprints you can leave if you're not on full health is a cool touch.

I wonder what's the mythos to these Evangelion giants who are alive in the trailers...
iD56C3u3UvUFJ.png

I recorded all of it, 69-ish minutes will be uploading shortly. Along with probably gifs.

CRS

Just need one more. To those that have played it, what did you do with this switch?

RIdZunm.png

I need one more secret and I hope it's not from this.

BzATVd0CMAAqNuc.png:large

Only two more.

Streaming the last two. Archive of the 14 I've collected so far is also available. I'll see if I can do a perfect 16 run this weekend.

Ah, should check that cube menu more often. Maybe I didn't get everything.

Anyone know what those weapon shop looking black monoliths do? Pressed every button and nothing.
iOJma6gQnBbZA.jpg

Bleep

Ah, should check that cube menu more often. Maybe I didn't get everything.

Anyone know what those weapon shop looking black monoliths do? Pressed every button and nothing.
iOJma6gQnBbZA.jpg

It seems like they would be used to change what guns you have equipped in the final game, which would have more than two guns.

CRS

Those are weapon changing stations.

There are a total of
4 weapons in the demo: sniper rifle, pistol, metroid bomb, and crossbow weapon of sorts

Since you can only carry two weapons at a time, they're handy so you can do the run over again with different weapons.

Spoilers?

There's an intersection
and from here, you will get the sniper or the crossbow. You can do the demo over again to get both and eventually swap them at the changing stations.
----

I think I'm going to start over again to keep track where I found the secrets. Reason why I want to find them is there's a door that requires all 16 to open.

Let me know when the full game is out. Game is taking forever.

A year is a lifetime when you're so excited for something as much as I am for this :D

That's the trouble with Kickstarters on games we're really anticipating; we're able to be involved from very early on in the development process, so then end up having a comparatively long wait. Although to be fair, these games are still able to go from pitch to final release faster than some 'Triple-A' games go from first teaser to release (i.e. BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider).

Those are weapon changing stations.

There are a total of
4 weapons in the demo: sniper rifle, pistol, metroid bomb, and crossbow weapon of sorts

Since you can only carry two weapons at a time, they're handy so you can do the run over again with different weapons.

Spoilers?

There's an intersection
and from here, you will get the sniper or the crossbow. You can do the demo over again to get both and eventually swap them at the changing stations.

----

I think I'm going to start over again to keep track where I found the secrets. Reason why I want to find them is there's a door that requires all 16 to open.

Nice to hear there are more weapons and things to do, thanks! Will give it another go later.

Bleep

Just need one more. To those that have played it, what did you do with this switch?

RIdZunm.png

I need one more secret and I hope it's not from this.

I just played some more and came across this, it summons moving platforms south of the switch. When you get on the platforms there is another switch you can hit with a gun to make them move.

a.wd

All over my face! On a serious note, loks awesome, crazy to think 2 of this gens most anticipated games for me are indies...

CRS

I just played some more and came across this, it summons moving platforms south of the switch. When you get on the platforms there is another switch you can hit with a gun to make them move.

Yeah. I realized it after playing it just now. They're below when you walk down the path then use that switch to raise them. And the other switch below to bring the back down.

Still need one more secret and still streaming.

Oh and dash chains are REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY fun. I'll see if I can make a gif tomorrow or so of my crazy dash chains.

epmode

This isn't supposed to be 60 FPS, is it? Just want to make sure my computer isn't having a heart attack.

CRS

I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT. I DID IT.

GOT ALL 16 DIAMONDS.

BzBWT-fCcAE6VpY.png:large

I didn't get an email with a Steam key :(

I sent a message to Heart Machine on Kickstarter. Hopefully I hear back soon because I have the day off today.

Top Bottom