• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Diaries S6/Originals S2 |OT| Have no fears we've got dopplegangers for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibnH7NTbOMSetX.png

What you need to know:
  • Bonnie is dead again
  • Damon died with her when the supernatural dead world collapsed aka The Other Side
  • Alaric is back as he was brought back right before The Other Side collapsed
  • The Other Side collapsed so no more ghosts or dead people coming back (jk this TVD lololol)
  • Mystic Falls is a supernatural free town due to The Travelers (who are now dead) creating a spell
  • Caroline is crushing on Stefan
  • Tyler is no longer a hybrid nor a triggered wolf boy

Cast:
ibuec2XEu99i0j.png
i9eiAOBgBuuWd.png
ixF8e4OlkkqdD.png
Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert
Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore​

iQKoadV9uxO7b.png
iLG2qaD321yeY.png
iJfgbHc6ZAjIu.png
Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert
Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett
Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes​

iOAWA3rqql4EC.png
itn8pK4p9BflS.png
ieGjxTz2BE2lY.png
ibvVXPQRH6Ch1Q.png
Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood
Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
Michael Malarkey as Enzo​

Catch Up
OT2 | OT3 | OT4 | OT5

iI2D93WlfGQr2.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibqhV5BzeyEaRT.png

What you need to know:
  • Klaus gives his daughter away to Rebekah (who is on her own now) so everyone in New Orleans thinks she is dead
  • Davina brought back Mikael (The Originals father)
  • Esther is back (The Originals mother) with one of her dead sons

Cast:
ilGZXdb8aNbgH.png
iWOw2E7SudSvB.png
icbnC3adxdhBw.png
Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
Charles Michael Davis as Marcellus Gerard​

ibxCklowjWpRKx.png
ibwqhKcSy0Is90.png
itMDWyzxEpqEE.png
Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall
Danielle Campbell as Davina Claire
Sebastian Roché as Mikael​

ibdcqAVkWf3gKY.png
... as ....​

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Alaric is back? I didnt watch season 5

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Julie said they have not said the word doppleganger in the first 10 episodes

Also isn't any bad guy kind of moot since Allaric is stronger than Klaus and can't die.

I wonder how powerful Klaus daughter will end up becoming

Matts ring no longer works with no other side

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the ones who died and came back are still linked to Klauses bloodline. Also any thing they've been ever compelled to do as vampires should be gone since they are dead and came back.

Its that time again? Man lost satalitenlast year due to money troubles and missed the second half of the season. Need to try and buy these on BluRay soon-ish.

Also: Holy shit spoilers! (My own fault for going in here I know.) Now its gonna make me wonder how Bonnie and Damon died again after the after life or whatever callapsed but they are still on promo art so not dead...its actually a tease just knowing that lol.

Bye yall!

mr stroke

I said I was done after last season(horrible writing, characters and plot lines going in circles. Why does nobody ever die?!?!?!?!)but so many damn hot looking people on this show I may have to give the 1st episode one more shot.

I really wish this was the last season, as the show has run it's course but I can't inagine CW pulling the plug with the ratings so high(for the CW) :

Pachimari

Bring on the new seasons!

First TVD S6 episode airs in a matter of hours but the hype seems on an all time low on GAF.

I hope they kill off the entire cast by the end so we get new people and a restart with Season 7. Won't happen though.

jwk94

So how's the originals? I only watched the first episode and wasn't too interested.
Bring on the new seasons!

First TVD S6 episode airs in a matter of hours but the hype seems on an all time low on GAF.

I hope they kill off the entire cast by the end so we get new people and a restart with Season 7. Won't happen though.
Do a power rangers/degrassi and gradually cycle out the old cast with new members.

TripOpt55

I'm not watching it live, but I didn't see the new OT until now so figured I'd chime in. I will be watching both of these. Looking forward Alaric being back. Not particularly excited about either though.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Elena telling Jeremy to be a responsible person who takes care of himself and his health

meanwhile she’s doing drugs that even her drug dealer doesn’t approve of

jwk94

This whole defenseless, crying, loose cannon Elena is annoying.

Elena telling Jeremy to be a responsible person who takes care of himself and his health

meanwhile she’s doing drugs that even her drug dealer doesn’t approve of
Eh she doesn't want him to make the same mistakes she's making.

Loke13

I see Elena is still the weakest link in this show which is funny if you consider that Nina simultaneously plays the best and the worst character in this show.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Nina also has to play a character that is pretending to be her character

honestly being Nina must suck that shit has to hurt her brain

playing katherine pretending to be elena

or being elena pretending to be katherine

or being Amara

or being amara, elena and katherine all in 1 fucking episode

or playing elena with no humanity and playing katherine with humanity

Volimar

So i missed out on some of the earlier seasons. Anyone want to give me the skinny on Alaric and why he has Originals ju ju?

So i missed out on some of the earlier seasons. Anyone want to give me the skinny on Alaric and why he has Originals ju ju?

The Originals' mother Esther, who had regretted turning her children into vampires, turned Alaric into a vampire so that his evil vampire-hating alter ego would lay waste to the Originals, killing them and destroying all vampire bloodlines in the process. He has the same powers as an Original because Esther used Elena's doppelgänger blood in the spell, similar to the way she used Elena's ancestor's blood to create the Originals.

kirblar

The Originals' mother Esther, who had regretted turning her children into vampires, turned Alaric into a vampire so that his evil vampire-hating alter ego would lay waste to the Originals, killing them and destroying all vampire bloodlines in the process. He has the same powers as an Original because Esther used Elena's doppelgänger blood in the spell, similar to the way she used Elena's ancestor's blood to create the Originals.
And this all happened because he got a starring role in a terrible show that got cancelled after a single season.

Somnia

I thought it started ok, mainly want to see what's up with Damon and Bonnie also I'm in love with the blonde witch.

Episode was ok I guess. I wonder who will be the main antagonist this season or will it all be about trying to get Damon and Bonnie. back. They've went up against Originals, Silas and the Travelers, so I wonder how they will top that.

Also, I'm surprised people like Katherine so much. I hated her to be honest and was glad she was finally gone for good. Well, to rephrase it, she was great the first couple of seasons but I felt she vastly overstayed her welcome and I grew tired of her.

Joni

I missed Enzo! I like the fact witch girl and witch boy are still there. I'll even learn their names.

Episode was ok I guess. I wonder who will be the main antagonist this season or will it all be about trying to get Damon and Bonnie. back. They've went up against Originals, Silas and the Travelers, so I wonder how they will top that.
They need to stop trying to top it. They need to do something more calm, build up the characters again.

Svafnir

Also, I'm surprised people like Katherine so much. I hated her to be honest and was glad she was finally gone for good. Well, to rephrase it, she was great the first couple of seasons but I felt she vastly overstayed her welcome and I grew tired of her.

I miss Klaus. Best big bad.

Wiktor

I hope the writers won't convieniently ignore the fact that Alaric makes hybridized Klaus look like utter chump power-wise.

Bladenic

I can see thinking she overstayed her welcome, even though her appearances in S3 and S4 were sporadic enough to not feel like she was always a presence. However, for me, it's the fact that she's so much more entertaining than Elena, and Nina Dobrev seemed to have a hell of a good time playing her.

I can see thinking she overstayed her welcome, even though her appearances in S3 and S4 were sporadic enough to not feel like she was always a presence. However, for me, it's the fact that she's so much more entertaining than Elena, and Nina Dobrev seemed to have a hell of a good time playing her.

Katherine was really not that entertaining in season 5 since it was the same thing over and over .
In fact thanks god the whole doppelganger bullshit done .

Soodanim

Gold Member
Esther made Alaric an "Original" vampire to kill of her children. She wanted to create the ultimate Vampire Hunter. I think it happened at the end of Season 4.
If I remember correctly, he dragged someone along the ground outside in the sun and it barely bothered him. He was burning up but carrying on as normal. Alaric is upper high tier. Unless they pull something to do with him having died, because his life was tied to Elena's.

Has anything aired yet? Specifically in the UK.

Volimar

If I remember correctly, he dragged someone along the ground outside in the sun and it barely bothered him. He was burning up but carrying on as normal. Alaric is upper high tier. Unless they pull something to do with him having died, because his life was tied to Elena's.

Has anything aired yet? Specifically in the UK.

The season premiere has aired in the US. No idea about the UK.

VeeP

He handled Klaus and Salvatore brothers at the same time with ease. He can bassicaly walk all over anything else in the series, aside from uber witches.

Klaus was trying to use the spell on him though? And then Alaric broke his wrist. I don't really know if we can say he is stronger than Klaus though. Season 1 of Originals had Klaus (and Elijah) messing up multiple (dozens of) vampires.

But S4 was so along ago. Maybe I'm forgetting some scenes.

Prologue

I'm surprise Caroline wants to go home so badly, considering all the trouble that goes on in her town due to vampires. I would think that leaving the shield up would be a positive thing.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
yeaa nothing can kill alaric which is stupid. Alaric has a daylight bracelet Luke made it for him,

Uh I am wondering when Baby hope you know the werewolf/vampire/witch will become super powerful

ALSO DAVINA IS SUPER SEXY

Joni

yeaa nothing can kill alaric which is stupid. Alaric has a daylight bracelet Luke made it for him.
List of completely invincible, immortal vampires that died: Finn, Koll, Mikael, Alaric, Silas, Amara.

Elena is dead, so it should be perfectly possible to kill him.

Dice//

Banned
I rmemeber loving this show, but then losing track. I'm pretty sure half the characters in the OP were dead when I left off. o_O

This show takes you on a bigger ride than you'd expect. Maybe i'll get back into it sometime soon.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
theres a different the white oak stake was meant to kill the originals and alaric original vampire life was linked to elenas human life.

I don't think alarics vampire life is linked to elenas vampire life and the white oak stake doesnt work on alaric.

Joni

theres a different the white oak stake was meant to kill the originals and alaric original vampire life was linked to elenas human life.

I don't think alarics vampire life is linked to elenas vampire life and the white oak stake doesnt work on alaric.
Alternatively, his immortality depends on Elena being alive. With Elena dead, Alaric can die just like any other vampire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom