• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Diaries S6/Originals S2 |OT| Have no fears we've got dopplegangers for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

This show has truly regressed. Man I hope this season is the last season. The Originals is getting better. And deserves its own thread to be separated from its parent show, since one could argue it is better than TVD.
But TVD is truly limited to what it can do with plot lines and a develop solid antagonist. Apparently there is some problems with the cast based on rumors, Nina and Ian not being able to work as professionals. The Arrow, Flash, and The Originals are better than TVD right now and based on last season alone. CW just end this show with some dignity, and write off a significant character for good for once.
Or you know, they can just throw out either Nina or Ian so we can get more attention for Caroline + Stefan. The Originals also doesn't deserve a separate thread. We only are on page 2 now for the two shows together.

Wiktor

Or you know, they can just throw out either Nina or Ian so we can get more attention for Caroline + Stefan. The Originals also doesn't deserve a separate thread. We only are on page 2 now for the two shows together.

Meh. Kill TVD and make a new spin off with just Damon and Stefan, call it The Salvatores.

jwk94

All the Elena drama is so boring, people like this stuff?.
Not unless it gives me more Stephan time.

Meh. Kill TVD and make a new spin off with just Damon and Stefan, call it The Salvatores.
And have everyone except Elena be recurring characters.

Yes, that would be best show ever. They can even keep Enzo and Alaric. Maybe it can happen when they ship off Jeremy to Teen Titans.

I think at this point only the writers still seem to like Elena.

Wait...seriously?

Vazduh

This season of The Vampire Diaries kind of feels like a throwback to season one, and I'm not sure it was the right creative decision, to be honest. The show has been declining in quality since the end of the third season, and it feels like the writers are just going through the motions. Because of all the resurrections from the previous seasons, there's no meaning to death anymore, which also means that there's no suspense left. We all know that the major characters will stay alive and most of the newcomers won't
, especially if they're not Caucasian

Too bad Kevin Williamson left the show after the second season because he is sorely missed. He would have reined in Caroline Dries and Julie Plec, who seem to be only ones obsessed with Elena and Damon (who suck as a couple, by the way).

It's just sad what the show has become, especially since at one point it was genuinely good, entertaining and suspenseful. Now it's just fan-service. I'm still watching since I've come this far, but I'm not enjoying it anymore. The show has finally become a hate-watch for me.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I think the originals made TVD better but I prefer the originals over tvd

Damon is the only reason I watch TVD still and enzo and alaric now

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I found the first episode of TVD extremely "meh". I'd give it a C- at best. All of the Elena crap is horrible.

I found the premier of The Originals...not much better actually. I thought there was too much nothing going on in the front end of the episode. The Guerrera Werewolves amounting to nothing, while pleasing, is ultimately pretty dumb considering how they were built up in Season 1. Also, "I've been sitting because someone the werewolves have the stake"...*3 seconds later* "Lol no they don't let's rock brother" was extremely dumb. C+

I still love Klaus and Elijah so I will continue to watch but I'm finding that characters not named Elijah or Klaus are just really lackluster. There's intrigue because of Mikey boy and Esther tha gawd though. I really wish they would have found a way to keep Kol's original actor though, the replacement Kol and Finn are just meh compared to when they first appeared in TVD.

As for TVD's second episode...color me surprised. It was significantly better than the first episode. It brought back a lot of what made TVD S1-3 great; mystery, multiple plot lines with intrigue, Mystic Falls history, and characters being badass. Enzo was very refreshing. Take out the Elena+Alaric scenes (seriously, Elena is so annoying) and you have a very solid episode. B.

Enjoyed this Originals episode. Nice to see some insight into the relationship between Elijah and Marcel.

Looks like Cole is coming up with a plan of his own. Loved the tension between Ester and Klaus as well.

mr stroke

Tried to give TVD another shot with a couple ep of S6, but after staying with it for 5years I am out. Too many good shows(and games to play and movies to watch) to burn anymore time with this trash. Nothing is even comprehendable anymore :(

So sad as S1-4 were fantastic

Pachimari

Season 4 was shit.

Right now I have a little hard time hanging unto The Originals. I have just really gotten tired of Klaus' attitude.

TVD have been easier to get into after the summer break.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
the damon/bonnie side of season 6 will probably be the better part of the show. Elena parts have been terrible but the enzo/caro dynamic is cool and tyler/liv is fresh air

Loke13

I am so goddamn done with TVD it's become utter shit and it's even worse when compared to the much more enjoyable Originals that actually has a coherent plot that ties into the characters backstories the only reason I'm watching TVD is to see where this Damon and Bonnie situation leads other that that the cast is just completely lackluster I no longer care why these characters do the idiotic things that they do.

Besides Damon and Bonnie, episode was wack. Like someone else posted, it seems like the producers no longer have any direction of where they want to go with this season. It's been that way for a while actually, but I guess a lot more noticeable now.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Kai is suppose to be bad guy for season 6

obviously the vamp hunters will be killed by episode 8

Anarkin

A great scene indeed.

tumblr_ndkhsjpXGQ1rvl41to5_250.gif
tumblr_ndkhsjpXGQ1rvl41to1_250.gif
tumblr_ndkhsjpXGQ1rvl41to9_250.gif

flyover

So they're really pushing this whole Caroline/Stephan thing? Why???

Only thing I can think is to throw a bone at people who wanted Stefan and Elena to wind up together by the end of the show (which is probably not going to happen) instead of Damon and Elena (which probably is going to happen). They want to say they gave Stefan his happily ever after, I guess.

Personally, I thought Caroline and Stefan had the best relationship on the show -- until the writers decided they had to be love interests for one another.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused with the whole compulsion of Elena thing does that mean she does not know she slept with damon tons of times or that she died the same time damon died to bring the gang back to life

jwk94

Only thing I can think is to throw a bone at people who wanted Stefan and Elena to wind up together by the end of the show (which is probably not going to happen) instead of Damon and Elena (which probably is going to happen). They want to say they gave Stefan his happily ever after, I guess.

Personally, I thought Caroline and Stefan had the best relationship on the show -- until the writers decided they had to be love interests for one another.
They definitely did have the best relationship on the show. There is no need to make them a couple.

Because a lot of fans want them to end up together. Just like the fans made them switch to Delena.

wait what?

Joni

wait what?
They were kinda following the books on the love triangle, up until the moment they revealed the doppleganger hoax. Stefan and Elena are
meant to be soulmates in the book so they can't not end up together.
. A lot of fans just want Delena. Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec have spoken about reading those reactions a lot in the past, as far back as 2010.

They've actually said they're not, which is pissing off the shippers.
They said they're not, but they will go there.

Wiktor

You know what? Let Caroline end up with Stefan and Bonnie with Damon, leaving Elena all alone. Perfect ending to the series :)

You know what? Let Caroline end up with Stefan and Bonnie with Damon, leaving Elena all alone. Perfect ending to the series :)
OTP: Elena/Loneliness
Ever since she's turned into a vampire, her character has gone down hill. I used to like her once upon a time.
Agreed. The 1994 stuff is easily the best part of every episode now.
Seriously, the best part of the episode is the Bonnie and Damon portion. I hope they stay stuck in this dimension for a few more episodes. Also, I'm glad that Bonnie is getting more than 5 minutes of screen time per episode this season. :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Powerful plot this week, Nina is amazing.

Great episode. Everything worked, including the flashbacks. I was really skeptical at first with different actors portraying Ester, Finn and Cole but man did the actor portraying Finn bring it this episode. Ester's new host killed it as well.

Really interested to see what Ester does next with her attention now on Marcel. The Originals bringing that heat already early into the season.

Faith

I missed that the shows already started!

Have to watch 6 episodes now :p

Edit: Done. Liked the start of the new TVD season more. Looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom