• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S4 |OT| of not being anything like Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that can't really happen unless Katherine goes to The Originals, and we know that isn't happening unless it's a small cameo or a small cross over story.

Maybe cross-over? Klaus still has some part to play although he's off doing whatever he's doing. If not, there isn't really a significant place for Katherine. Unless they tie her into something pertaining to Silas. Or she just gets bit again.....dun dun dun.

Maybe cross-over? Klaus still has some part to play although he's off doing whatever he's doing. If not, there isn't really a significant place for Katherine. Unless they tie her into something pertaining to Silas. Or she just gets bit again.....dun dun dun.

Yeah, I definitely see a cross over down the road, eventually at least. I kind of expect Katherine to barely be in the start of next season. Now that she’s not a vampire and possibly the defacto doppelganger I would expect her to feel more threatened and probably go back into hiding.

Even the possibility of her being the doppelganger again would probably make her freak. They probably wouldn't really know one way or the other, but we know how well she handled it the first time...

Solo

Like someone mentioned earlier, Katherine and Elena will switch places, in a sense. I don't mean that Elena will become a scheming psycho or that Katherine will become the lead or anything like that. But Elena has definitely changed and hardened while a vampire and I fully expect Katherine will soften somewhat and become more likable as a human. Since such a big part of the show is the relationship stuff, and because both Salvatore brothers can't get the same girl, I can see Damon ending up with the bitchy-er vamp Elena while Stefan gets nice-r human Katherine.

Somnia

Like someone mentioned earlier, Katherine and Elena will switch places, in a sense. I don't mean that Elena will become a scheming psycho or that Katherine will become the lead or anything like that. But Elena has definitely changed and hardened while a vampire and I fully expect Katherine will soften somewhat and become more likable as a human. Since such a big part of the show is the relationship stuff, and because both Salvatore brothers can't get the same girl, I can see Damon ending up with the bitchy-er vamp Elena while Stefan gets nice-r human Katherine.

I 100% agree this is how it will be in the end for sure.

Solo

Based on S2, it seems like Stefan is the only one Katherine legit loved too, so that lends credence to the idea.

EDIT: love that I am far from the only Anna fan! She was so great in S1.

Solo

One thing I forgot to mention is music. The show quite often has brilliant musical selections, and, like a show like Chuck, has introduced me to a lot of great stuff.

One thing I forgot to mention is music. The show quite often has brilliant musical selections, and, like a show like Chuck, has introduced me to a lot of great stuff.

I swear this is CW as a whole. Don't know how many times I've ended up discovering new artists from their shows. OTH the most though.

mr stroke

WTF? This show has some of the cheesiest, melodramatic music/music placement in the history of television.

They do love using covers of well known songs on here, but the covers chosen are quite good and unique enough to stand on their own.

Supernatural had the most killer soundtrack for its first four seasons, but it was all classic rock so I am a bit biased. Their music budget was one of the first things to get slashed but when they do use it they make it count.

mackaveli

My expectation is that Katherine will have way more screen time next season.

Agreed. and I agree with Solo with Katherine ending up with Stefan and Damon ending up with Elena.

I made a post earlier that

Stefan loves human Elena and Damon loved vampire katherine. - Season 1

And now we will get a reversal and the roles reversed in Season 5. Stefan will slowly fall in love with human Katherine throughout the season.

Also, from what I read people think that Damon will be the one to figure out that Stefan is not Stefan in the beginning and is actually Silas. I think it will be Katherine though which will slowly start Stefan and Katherine falling back in love.

I think Katherine will realize something is not right with Stefan and will sneak around to figure out what is really happening while Damon is too busy being in love with Elena to realize something is off with his bro.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not so sure that Stefan would end up with Katherine. The show seemed to be hinting strongly at Caroline/Stefan. Even Lexi mentioned something about it.

Mind you, I'd also rather Stefan stay at the bottom of the lake but that's not going to happen.

Tokubetsu

Throw me in as an Anna fan as well. Was always disappointed with how they handled her character. Especially in the early days it felt like they had too many female character and didn't know what to do with them if they werent Elena or Caroline. Bonnie regularly disappeared for what felt like half a seasons at a time and I'm surprised they haven't just killed Meredith off with Alaric...unless they did? I can't remember.

Pachimari

Caroline with Stefan? But I'm pretty sure Tyler is coming back but of course he's mentality could have changed and their relationship end.

But what I'm mostly interested in is Katherine's arc in Season 5. She will be human and vulnerable but she won't change, she's still the same as she were as a vampire being big-mouthed but vulnerable.

Joni

Throw me in as an Anna fan as well. Was always disappointed with how they handled her character. Especially in the early days it felt like they had too many female character and didn't know what to do with them if they werent Elena or Caroline. Bonnie regularly disappeared for what felt like half a seasons at a time and I'm surprised they haven't just killed Meredith off with Alaric...unless they did? I can't remember.

Still alive, but not appearing much due to being on Army Wives full-time. Don't think they'll kill her off soon. Would be funny though because she is married to Paul Wesley, maybe they should have Silas Stefan kill her.

Tokubetsu

Caroline with Stefan? But I'm pretty sure Tyler is coming back but of course he's mentality could have changed and their relationship end.

But what I'm mostly interested in is Katherine's arc in Season 5. She will be human and vulnerable but she won't change, she's still the same as she were as a vampire being big-mouthed but vulnerable.

Everyone always complains about Bonnie but Tyler is one character I would have been glad to have lost three seasons ago.

Solo

The show seemed to be hinting strongly at Caroline/Stefan. Even Lexi mentioned something about it.

Caroline *is* Lexi now to Stefan. It should remain that way - I love seeing Stefan have an actual friend. I hope it doesn't become romantic.

Caroline *is* Lexi now to Stefan. It should remain that way - I love seeing Stefan have an actual friend. I hope it doesn't become romantic.

Gotta agree. Them getting romantic would be really out of place. She keeps Stefan grounded and involving romance in that would just be kinda....lame and stereotypical. Kinda like "oh hey, you're a guy, i'm a girl, and we're good friends. lets do it." It'd be forced and unless Tyler dies, it wouldn't work out.

I admit though, I was a total sucker for when Klaus is tells her he wants to be her last love and how he's willing to wait for her. *^* Got me right in the feels.

Bladenic

Why do people still ask for Anna to come back? Her story was resolved with a pretty happy ending. And fyi... she wouldn't even be on the show if not for Jeremy.

Speaking of... fuck them bringing back Jeremy. They should have kept their OG decision to have him permanently dead.

I'm also one of Bonnie's few fans, but I'm not that upset she's dead only because the writers need to stop abusing her when they need an out.

Katherine will, I think, definitely have a larger role more akin to Season 2 next season. Or at least, I hope so. But I think they have a storyline for her now, plus Klaus is gone, so she can stick around. Hoping for Stefan/Katherine (Damon can have that bitch Elena at this point, but I don't ship them).

I'm excited to see how long the Silas/Stefan storyline will go on for.

I didn't care for the Silas being Stefan's doppelganger twist. If Silas had not used Stefan's (or his real face I guess) face before, it would have been a bigger thing, but he had already used his real face (unknown, but still). Silas being a doppelganger period is meh to me, they should have kept the Petrova line as the only doppelganger line (which they have yet to actually explain).

Joni

I didn't care for the Silas being Stefan's doppelganger twist. If Silas had not used Stefan's (or his real face I guess) face before, it would have been a bigger thing, but he had already used his real face (unknown, but still). Silas being a doppelganger period is meh to me, they should have kept the Petrova line as the only doppelganger line (which they have yet to actually explain).
Esther created the Doppelganger-line when she turned the Originals. Tatia was the original Doppelganger as a means to counter-act the vamprie curse. She was chosen because both Elijah and Klaus were in love with her. Her blood was also used to bind Klaus' werewolf side. Explained in season 2 and season 3.

jwk94

I completely forgot about Tyler....they better not kill off Matt. Out of all of the characters, he deserves to be happy.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people still ask for Anna to come back? Her story was resolved with a pretty happy ending. And fyi... she wouldn't even be on the show if not for Jeremy.

Because Anna was a great character. Just because she had a happy, resolved ending doesn't mean I don't want her to come back.

This show actually has a great record of killing the characters I love while keeping characters I hate or dislike. Or they keep characters longer than they should (see: Klaus).

Bladenic

Esther created the Doppelganger-line when she turned the Originals. Tatia was the original Doppelganger as a means to counter-act the vamprie curse. She was chosen because both Elijah and Klaus were in love with her. Her blood was also used to bind Klaus' werewolf side. Explained in season 2 and season 3.

Oh I remember that now. So much to recall in this show, gets easy to forget.

And I like Anna too, but she doesn't have a purpose anymore. I actually remember finding her extremely annoying at first but she grew on me.

RiZ III

Just finished s4 and I have to say that "The Walking Dead" episode redeemed this season. In fact it was one of the coolest, most fan service filled episode I've seen from any show recently. Both that and the season finale were awesome. Loved seeing Alaric back.

I hope they give Katherine a bigger role next season as she's probably the most fun character in the show. Surprised thy brought back Jeremy of all people. Wish it was Alaric instead. Glad the witch is gone though.

As for Stefan... T_T poor guy can't catch a break.

Pachimari

Do any of you have links to the The Originals Comic Con panel?

And how many hours till the The Vampire Diaries Q&A?

Shooting on TVD 5 started one week ago. How excited are you for next season on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being weakest) ?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
from comic-con

deets from the new season

That said, Silas isn’t going to be the only threat on the show this season. In fact, he isn’t even going to be the biggest! Executive producer Julie Plec explained that the season’s initial villain is rarely the official “big bad,” to which Paul responded, “Just when you think you’re at the top of the food chain!”

Kat Graham told fans to expect a lot of scenes between Bonnie and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) — mostly because he’s the only one who can see her. She also remained mum about when her big secret will finally come out.

As for Jeremy’s little situation, the resurrection is addressed immediately. Oh, and Jeremy will definitely be living with Damon — which is just awesome.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/07/20/vampire-diaries-damon-elena-romance-season-5-spoilers/

Reading the stuff about Silas makes me excited but not the parts about Elena and her struggles

Also the stuff from The Originals is intriguing as well

Though Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah were characters established on The Vampire Diaries, the stories that will be told on the new series will naturally go darker. The flagship series is a "coming-of-age story," Plec explained, while "this show we get to tell the story of a dynasty."
"We get to be bold and thrilling and sexy and dangerous," she added, saying that when you get out of the teen world, it lends itself to more mature story telling.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/originals-julie-plec-premiere-589543

Bladenic

Oh, did they ever say officially why everyone except the main 3 always miss like 4-6 episodes per season (or even more if you're Michael Trevino)?

Pachimari

I'm 10/10 hyped but I'm actually thinking if I should follow the news while the season approaches and moves along or if I should just stay in the black until the episodes airs.

Kyon

Banned
After all these weeks (or is it moths since the season finale?) I'm STILL confused as to what Silas is.

They say he's a doppelgänger but is he the original doppelgänger? As in before Kat? Don't think that makes sense since I think he was before Esther's time. Someone please break it down

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That was a pretty brief trailer of S5. Barf at all the Stefan/Elena in the beginning. YES to all the Damon and Elena. Give me more.

I don't understand what Silas is. Is he the original original vampire? Is he the original and Stefan a doppleganger?

Can someone do a family tree of the characters? At least the first ones in the mythos?

Are you talking about The Originals? Or do you mean Elena, Damon, Caroline etc??

Joni

They say he's a doppelgänger but is he the original doppelgänger? As in before Kat? Don't think that makes sense since I think he was before Esther's time. Someone please break it down
Doppelgängers are created to counter the changes in the balance of nature. Every time a new line of vampires is created, the human used to fuel the formula becomes the doppelgänger. Esther used Tatia (who had a child before) to execute the transformation of The Originals. Silas sacrificed himself, turning his family into the doppelgänger line. An actual doppelgänger is only born every couple of hundred years (every 500 apparantly for the Petrova line) so it is not clear how many doppelgängers Silas had.

Kyon

Banned
Doppelgängers are created to counter the changes in the balance of nature. Every time a new line of vampires is created, the human used to fuel the formula becomes the doppelgänger. Esther used Tatia (who had a child before) to execute the transformation of The Originals. Silas sacrificed himself, turning his family into the doppelgänger line. An actual doppelgänger is only born every couple of hundred years (every 500 apparantly for the Petrova line) so it is not clear how many doppelgängers Silas had.

So that means Stefan is his doppelganger?

Pachimari

Various Behind-the-Scenes shots are out and they have revealed the title of the first episode.

Season 5 also has a new premiere date which is now on October 3 alongside The Originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom