• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S5 | OT | and who are we kidding The Originals S1 | OT | too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Season 2 and Season 3 VD was some of the best TV ever. The phenomenal pacing combined with writing was what made it genius in terms of good TV. Now it's become more conventional and more sloppily put together. A combination opposite of its original formula, and thus that much more disappointing. That, and Delena is an abomination on TV.

The Originals finale was very well done. The VD one was alright. I feel like The Originals is fresh and will do well for its second season. The main issue I foresee is that The Originals is very character dependent. All of these alliances and the show's crutch in certain moments being to rely on how awesome Elijah and Klaus are...Instead of the brunt of it being about plot and lore. It's fine for now, but I can see it not boding as well after 3 seasons, we'll have to see.

Wiktor

Finally caught up with last few episodes of VD.

It was interesting and pretty emotional. Sure, I know Damon will be back, but his last scene with Bonnie was surpringly touching. Shame Silas got sucked in though, love that glorious troll. Plus Alaric being back is great.

They really need to mix things up though. The oblivion gives them opportunity to bring some new spieces of monsters from the abyss along with Damon and Bonnie and I hope they do it, because witches are done.

Kevin

I seen the first three seasons of Vampire Diaries. I enjoyed them well enough. Is it worth bothering with seasons 4 and 5? How about the Originals?

jwk94

Was pleased to see Alaric and Lexi again. So did Lexia ascend to heaven or something?

Anna, her mom and Jenna are all definitely out, as are Vicki/Katherine.
=( this is The Vampire Diaries goddamnit! Everybody can come back somehow.

Bonnie should be fine, per the conversation with her Grandmother.

Damon's the "how on earth do you write him out of this spot?" one.

Everyone being human (or Witch/locked Werewolf) again was a neat twist.
Yeah Bonnie and Damon are definitely fine. Gram had to have done something.

Elena accidentally chain-reacting Damon's death is darkly hilarious.

I almost feel like Stefan's "lolwut" reaction to the idea of him and Caroline together is meta-commentary from the writers. They have no romantic chemistry together (unlike Caroline/Enzo, for example.)
lolwut? Did I miss something? When did this happen?

Joni

Lexi mentions it to him and he has a "what are you talking about?" reaction.
The writers and the actors have all been talking about Steroline, and Lexi telling Stefan is the writers saying it will happen. Lexi is a character that is there to knock sense into Stefan. She was also the one to remind him Caroline has replaced her. Now she is pointing out there is something more there.

mr stroke

Finally caught up the final ep, and I think I am finally done with TVD. As everyone else has said killing characters no longer matters which kills the entire premise of the show. The story lines have become incoherent and just plain boring, everything keeps going in circles( now Alaric is back-LOL, they can't write anything better wtf?)

I can't imagine CW ending the series anytime soon, so they will probably drag it out 8-10 seasons Supernatural style :

Peace out TVD, at least seasons 1-3 were fantasic.

kirblar

Just caught up. Whoa. So it's pretty much 100%
Damon and Bonnie will be back
, right?
I suspect with Alaric/Enzo as regulars next season, that they're being sent to Originals. Absolutely nothing but spec, but would be the easiest way to avoid getting VD cast bloat and make S2 of Originals a lot different.

maxcriden

I suspect with Alaric/Enzo as regulars next season, that they're being sent to Originals. Absolutely nothing but spec, but would be the easiest way to avoid getting VD cast bloat and make S2 of Originals a lot different.

Interesting. Well, as long as we're definitely getting them either way, esp. Ian. You really think they'd do the VD on an ongoing basis without him, though? He's so integral to the show. I just don't want another Downton Abbey situation....

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I wonder how powerful Hope will be also Davina is super hot

Also can anything kill Allaric lol?

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
With the Other Side now gone for good which is really cool that they did, I wonder if Matts ring will work since when he dies he goes to the other side and comes back

Also the No magic rule is still in effect in Mystic Falls

kirblar

With the Other Side now gone for good which is really cool that they did, I wonder if Matts ring will work since when he dies he goes to the other side and comes back

Also the No magic rule is still in effect in Mystic Falls
They confirmed the rings are busted since there's no longer a purgatory for it to use. Magic-Free-Zone is apparently also permanent.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
They confirmed the rings are busted since there's no longer a purgatory for it to use. Magic-Free-Zone is apparently also permanent.

when did they confirm the ring? I know they confirmed magic free zone is permanent

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That season two Originals trailer looks really nice, can't wait for it. And no we shouldn't spilt up the threads for VD and The Originals, their are just too many cross references that would need to be put in spoilers in the specific threads.

Pagusas

Elden Member
She was my favorite! =/

Why was it a good decision?

because she's being type cast and looses a lot of opportunities to expand her career into bigger ventures if she sticks with a long term deal. From my understand her contract was not a large one either.

Joni

She didn't want to live in George anyway, she wants to be in Los Angeles with her friends. And show wise, it might be better to trim regulars a bit. The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have too many characters that can't die, her leaving at least made for a change.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing can kill Alaric though so any big bad makes no sense

Pachimari

There's also talk they want to renew for a seventh season but one of the 3 lead actors don't want to renew.

The CW wants 10 seasons.

Pachimari

I don't think she wanna renew for a 7th season either.

But they have also talked about moving on, even without the leads.

What I'm most excited about is Matt's role and all the new characters.

Joni

There's also talk they want to renew for a seventh season but one of the 3 lead actors don't want to renew.
Best news ever if it is Nina Dobrev. I like her, but the show doesn't need Elena anymore. It would spice things up. But as I said before, a nice thing would be Elena and Damon marrying, settling somewhere and leaving the show. The rest of the show is Stefan travelling around with Caroline. That could revamp the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom