• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S5 | OT | and who are we kidding The Originals S1 | OT | too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Took long enough for a really good TVD episode!

Of course, this show is gutless though, so Stefan will return soon.

jwk94

They needed to kill either Stefan or Elena to end the doppleganger stuff once and for all, given the rules they had set up.

We know there's a mass rez coming, hopefully we get some surprises there.

Would love for Anna, Alaric, ad Jenna to return.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Wow this thread is more dead than I anticipated....Seriously, this season finale renewed my hopes for The Originals, you guys should finish the season, great ending.

Solo

Decent finale. Always great seeing Rebekah.

However, my final thoughts are that TO was great through the front end, but lost steam continually throughout the back end, and TVD (barring the finale surprising me) has been flatlining the whole season with the occasional sign of life here and there.

SaintZ

The final scenes with Rebekah had me on the verge of tears ;_______;

Next season is going to be packed with Mikael, Esther and the new wolves in town.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great episode, I really dig the ending with some changes could have easily been a great series final.

Somnia

What a fantastic finale. This really gave me hope for next season. The show fell off a bit in the middle, but picked up in the end again. Can't wait for the new season already.

Joni

Where did you get Finn from?

And who were the two at the end at Esther's grave?
Esther was reincarnated into a new body 'Cassie' with someone that called her mother. There are three dead Mikaelson children. One died a natural death so he is in heaven, which leaves Kole and Finn. We saw the real Kole actor in Mystic Falls so this is obviously Finn. I mean, it could be another Mikaelson that is not Finn, but there is no reason for it to be someone else. Finn was obsessed with his mom and we have only 'seen' him with his mother.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Bonnie should have called New Orleans instead of running around for 3 episodes on how to resurrect someone

Davina just did it in one

Joni

Bonnie should have called New Orleans instead of running around for 3 episodes on how to resurrect someone
Even worse, another 3 people just walked out without her noticing. Bonnie seems really bad at this. We had the four witches earlier in the season, than we had the three resurrected little kids, now another 3. Maybe the other side is falling apart because everyone keeps leaving.

V_Arnold

Jeremy would have started an affair with Davina, so Bonnie was afraid.
joking, she did not even know that Davina exists...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
yassssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for ruining 2 seasons now bye bitch

no more Delena and Alaric is back
iPwQ5BJ.gif
iPwQ5BJ.gif

sad about Bonnie tho :(

kirblar

Bonnie should be fine, per the conversation with her Grandmother.

Damon's the "how on earth do you write him out of this spot?" one.

Everyone being human (or Witch/locked Werewolf) again was a neat twist.

kirblar

Good news regarding Alaric.
He'll be series regular next season.
Only got killed off in the first place because of his show getting picked up, so that makes sense.

Reading Reddit- Tyler may not be a hybrid because of how he died. So it may not apply to Enzo/Stefan/Alaric/etc.

Somnia

Correct Tyler died as a human so he returned as a human/werewolf cause his body reverted to it's death state which was pre-hybrid.

The others are all still vampires cause as Elena said "we have to get there before we die as humans" if they died prior to the explosion they would have died as humans not vampires. Since they died as vampires they return as vampires.

kirblar

Damon can't even sacrifice himself without Elena making it about her.
Elena accidentally chain-reacting Damon's death is darkly hilarious.

I almost feel like Stefan's "lolwut" reaction to the idea of him and Caroline together is meta-commentary from the writers. They have no romantic chemistry together (unlike Caroline/Enzo, for example.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damon is gone for good ? eerm isnt he like the most popular character of the show ? Really didn't expect him to be gone.

Zero315

Banned
Bonnie should be fine, per the conversation with her Grandmother.

Damon's the "how on earth do you write him out of this spot?" one.

Easy, he was holding hands with Bonnie at the end so he gets sucked into whatever juju Grams worked for Bonnie.

Also, YAAAAAAASSSSSS ALARIC IS BACK!!!

I think both TO and TVD had strong endings, if for different reasons. TO was surprisingly emotional. Elijah's breakdown in the cemetery almost brought me to tears. The unexpected tender moments between Klaus and the baby, including the flashback scene with him and Haley. Ending with an emotional reunion with Rebekah and a tearful goodbye to his daughter.

TVD, however, just ended. The fate of two major characters is in flux. No explanations, slight hope in the form or Gram's words, just a fade to white. It was oddly beautiful.

BokehKing

Banned
Am I the only one that just doesn't like Elena? She see's
stefan
dead, chokes up for 3 seconds and is done,
Damon doesn't return
and we get the water works for 10 minutes.

Idk, besides the best part of the TVD universe leaving (The Originals, imo) i feel like this show tanked ever since "delena" fans got their way.

As far as The Originals, I think it's the vastly superior show, last few weeks have been amazing and that twist with the
human faction was really werewolf mafia
was a cool. Didn't see the season finale yet due to the Yankee vs Met game being on in NY.

I wanted
Kol
to come back on TVD and do the obvious.

Faith

Shitty ending IMO.

It would be better if just everybody died and they would be all standing together in the white light (Bonnie/Damon) and that would be the end of TVD.

Am I the only one that just doesn't like Elena? She see's
stefan
dead, chokes up for 3 seconds and is done,
Damon doesn't return
and we get the water works for 10 minutes.

Idk, besides the best part of the TVD universe leaving (The Originals, imo) i feel like this show tanked ever since "delena" fans got their way.

As far as The Originals, I think it's the vastly superior show, last few weeks have been amazing and that twist with the
human faction was really werewolf mafia
was a cool. Didn't see the season finale yet due to the Yankee vs Met game being on in NY.

I wanted
Kol
to come back on TVD and do the obvious.

Elene not making a big deal about stefan death made sense cause right after that they were planing to bring him back .
Damon's death was he gone for good (of course we all know that won't happen ) but in universe wise that why it matter more .
As for the showing tanking because of delena that really not true it tanked because the writers have no idea what they doing any more and storylines \ villains stupid .
We saw part of it in season 4 and in 5 it was even worst , The Originals showing signs of it already with Vampires doing the same thing over and over .
Along with them using back there Mom \ Dad as villains again along with other stuff .
Any way both season finals were a let down in my book and i have no hope for them getting better next season but i will watch them any way lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom