• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S7 | The Originals S3 |OT| Everyone Has Mommy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Originals was really dumb. Above poster is correct. Season-3-VD Klaus was ruthless. This current Klaus is lame as hell. Aurora should be dead, gone, and buried by now. Damon and Stefan catch way more bodies than Klaus & Elijah do...the two originals just talk nowadays :\

Zalasta

Good riddance to Julian. That storyline really went nowhere after they killed Lily. His character had nothing to stand on its own. Poorly conceived and written. Unlike some of the heretics which actually have interesting dynamics with the rest of the regular cast.

Joni

Spoilers for episode 14:
I didn't expect the crossover to start within The Vampire Diaries, where it was great to see Klaus and Stefan together again. Gives him something else to do over dealing with his complicated women.

VeeP

So do I have to watch Vampire Diaries for the latest episode of The Originals? I have never seen a single episode of Vampire Diaries.

You should watch Vampire Diaries S2 and S3. Some great Klaus moments.

Anyways, as for this weeks episodes I really enjoyed them. How Stefan helped Klaus out was really clever. It's a shame we barely get any crossovers, some of my favorite moments in the show was when the brothers met the originals.

Joni

- Haley and Stefan together is quite funny, they have good chemistry. The new combinations are what made the episode. Having Stefan interact with Marcel, Haley, Freya gives them all something new.
- Aya also was good for the first time. It is the first time one of the Strix actually gave a good performance. It is good that it came to an ending, although I hope Elijah would do it.
- The trio of oldest sired vampires remains two-thirds stupid. I'm glad Tristan is still on the bottom of the ocean and that Klaus finally gave Aurora her cruel ending. I'm still scared they could come back. Lucien was fun.
- I wonder how many vampires Rayna managed to take out. I think she should negotiate with Stefan, he can lead to a lot of vampires.
- I think this is the first confirmation that Stefan was linked to Klaus. That means that every main character is now free from Klaus' fate. I wonder if Lillian was also linked to him. Because then they could safely kill Elijah. Cammi remains a problem though.

Rodin

So davina pulls that crap and she gets her boyfriend too? Nah, she has to pay. I already hated her, but after this episode... Jesus Christ.

Also the authors should stop pretending that a 18 years old girl is able to stop 2 originals and several vampires, they've been pulling this crap with davina since day one and kept going even after she lost her initial powers. This is especially laughable considering they're the same people who think that a 1000 years old witch trained by the strongest one in history can get wrecked by anyone. Gimme a break.

Joni

So davina pulls that crap and she gets her boyfriend too? Nah, she has to pay. I already hated her, but after this episode... Jesus Christ.
At that point I was just wishing for Stefan to rush in and rip her heart out of her chest.

Breaking the link is only bad for Klaus/Elijah. It's good for everyone else.
No need to delink Elijah, he hasn't sired anyone important.

Rodin

At that point I was just wishing for Stefan to rush in and rip her heart out of her chest.
Me too, but apparently she has plot armor. Which is fun considering that not only she stopped adding anything to the show after the first half of s1, but she's also the one that kept dragging it down even during the far superior season 2 every time she appeared on screen. All her scenes with Kol were laughably terrible.

EDIT: just watched the promo for the next episode, which doesn't make any sense.

TripOpt55

I really enjoyed the crossover episodes. Seeing Stefan interact with the Originals cast was cool and I just generally thought both episodes were well done. Looking forward to seeing where the shows go next.

finowns

Also the authors should stop pretending that a 18 years old girl is able to stop 2 originals and several vampires, they've been pulling this crap with davina since day one and kept going even after she lost her initial powers. This is especially laughable considering they're the same people who think that a 1000 years old witch trained by the strongest one in history can get wrecked by anyone. Gimme a break.

Yep. Can we have some consistency. And they brought back the lesser Kol.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Totally called the rena limited lives
though I find it a bit hard to believe that she hasn't been killed more than 8 times during her 100 year + travels

kirblar

though I find it a bit hard to believe that she hasn't been killed more than 8 times during her 100 year + travels
I bet they're misreading the obvious elephant in the room- when she's out of bodies, she uses the souls in the stone instead.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
FINN!?!?
where did he come from!?
or did the Resurrection spell work on him too? But then surely Freya would feel him leave that amulet?
wouldn't that mean mommy and daddy would be back? Or does the fact they didn't die as witches in NO mean it wouldnt affect them?

I bet they're misreading the obvious elephant in the room- when she's out of bodies, she uses the souls in the stone instead.

Yeah, or she possesses their strength or they all come back as vampire hunters
always a catch

Joni

Why does Finn keep coming back by the way? Nobody likes him.

The armory had her in the nursing home where she was like 80. But she is too likeable now to be the real villain. I expect the armory to be evil.

Anarkin

Why does Rayna want to transfer the scar to Damon? Can't she just mark him too and kill them both? I don't understand why she wants to keep Stefan alive. I mean he's a good Vampire and all but still a Vampire and she's a hunter.

finowns

They didn't destroy the white oak bullet.. )&(*#(^(@*#)!_)(*#*_

Edit -- And why give it to the sister that always gets beat up, so dumb.

Pachimari

I'm behind with 8 episodes. That's a first since I started watching the show. I plan on getting back to it but just to be sure, is it still as good as the start of the current season, does it get better?

Joni

Rayna is a strange foe. She is completely sympathetic now, and her actions are now easy to understand with how the sword works. But why does she think throwing the sword is a good attack strategy if she keeps having to follow it? And if it is apparantly that easy to destroy.

finowns

I'm behind with 8 episodes. That's a first since I started watching the show. I plan on getting back to it but just to be sure, is it still as good as the start of the current season, does it get better?

Assuming you're talking about the Originals. I've been liking it. I was looking forward to an Original family reunion but that didn't happen.

Joni

This entire oak bullet story gives the idea that they might end the show with killing all the originals.

Oh, I'm were talking about TVD but nice to know that Originals is also doing well.

Still a good level. Some characters get better with a bit more attention.

Toth

Rayna is a strange foe. She is completely sympathetic now, and her actions are now easy to understand with how the sword works. But why does she think throwing the sword is a good attack strategy if she keeps having to follow it? And if it is apparantly that easy to destroy.

Sad to see
Nora and her GF go since they really became better characters as the season progressed. I wonder what they did to the stone though. If they destroyed it, where did Stefan go?

Joni

Sad to see
Nora and her GF go since they really became better characters as the season progressed. I wonder what they did to the stone though. If they destroyed it, where did Stefan go?
Nora anyway. I expected her to stay around. At least Valerie looks to be more permanent, I hope.

Joni

It is always good to see when they let Paul Wesley actually act. He went in on Damon and he really let himself go as a serial killer. I like what they did, especially with the zombie apocalypse. Can't wait to see how that evolves, but it at least makes room for Rayna to stay. Didn't miss Bonnie, Enzo, Caroline.

So... The Originals get any worse? I mean seriously it's Arrow season 3 bad right now.
No, I still looked forward to that. This is just repeating the same story over and over again. There is something nice about them going back to Mystic Falls while Vampire Diaries is nowhere near it.
But they really need to shake it up now. Kill at least 3 main characters. Davina, Vincent, Lucien, Cole should fall. Go into the next season with Freya, Haley, Elijah, Klaus, Aurora. She should kill almost all the originals, leaving Haley, Rebeccah and Freya to raise Hope alone.

VeeP

Gonna watch VDs soon.

The Originals isn't bad, it's still a good show. But I just feel like they water down the characters for plot purposes. Which kinda sucks. Klaus use to be such a beast. And you have both Elijah and Finn right there.

Your telling me two originals couldn't take down one kinda suped original? I don't buy that. At least let them put up a bit more of a fight.

Still, overall I've enjoyed this season. Hopefully they can improve next season.

Btw, are we getting an Originals 3+ year time skip as well?

finowns

Gonna watch VDs soon.

The Originals isn't bad, it's still a good show. But I just feel like they water down the characters for plot purposes. Which kinda sucks. Klaus use to be such a beast. And you have both Elijah and Finn right there.

Your telling me two originals couldn't take down one kinda suped original? I don't buy that. At least let them put up a bit more of a fight.

Still, overall I've enjoyed this season. Hopefully they can improve next season.

Btw, are we getting an Originals 3+ year time skip as well?

Consistency on the rules of the world is also a criticism of mine. One of the problems is how do you create believable conflict for an all powerful character, it must be difficult.

I keep thinking The Originals on HBO would've been awesome.

Joni

Consistency on the rules of the world is also a criticism of mine. One of the problems is how do you create believable conflict for an all powerful character, it must be difficult.

I keep thinking The Originals on HBO would've been awesome.

They had a vampire show. The worst season of Vampire Diaries and Originals beats True Blood.

finowns

They had a vampire show. The worst season of Vampire Diaries and Originals beats True Blood.

Seasons 1 and 2 weren't bad at all. Some good characters and acting, and if they had killed Sookie off that show would have been twice as good.

edit -- Thinking about it, they should have made the entire show about Eric.
edit2 -- f-ing Sookie I remember how much I disliked her.

Joni

Seasons 1 and 2 weren't bad at all. Some good characters and acting, and if they had killed Sookie off that show would have been twice as good.

edit -- Thinking about it, they should have made the entire show about Eric.
edit2 -- f-ing Sookie I remember how much I disliked her.

Yes, but they put her central in every story. And they made her special.

Pachimari

I should get back to these shows soon.

Also both Kat Graham and Ian Sommerhaulder have now confirmed Season 8 is their last.

Had a feeling next season would be the last. Really enjoyed the show, but it was time to end it. I think a lot of shows I watch will be gone this time next year.

Edit: I should clarify that even though I know Kat and Ian said that 8 would be THEIR last season, I can't imagine the show continuing without Ian.

Joni

Kill half The Originals cast, combine them into the Stefan and Klaus show? Have The Vampire Diaries end on a flashforward with Elena waking up next to Damon, Stefan and Caroline.

Matt_

I don't know what has made me notice but the music in the last episodes has been a bit shit

edit; oh Aurora isn't dead
Im glad shes back really liked her

finowns

It's going to be stupid if Damon and Elena end up together. Caroline going to the Originals would be cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom