• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Diaries S6/Originals S2 |OT| Have no fears we've got dopplegangers for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why was the ending lame ? It was expected to go this way...

cw_sasuke

I don't know seem obvious to me that they would involve Cammie into confronting Klaus since she is the one person he kinda trusts and didn't betray him. He might not have known the exact location and time, but it's not far fetched that they would meet and she would try to calm him down.

Joni

I'm kind of sad we seem to be losing fake Rebeccah, but it would be worth it to get Claire Holt back.
Klaus is a very cruel man, he killed his brothers girlfriend just to fake a plan, then stabbed him in the heart. He sets up Rebeccah to go back to her real body, despite not wanting it.
Cammie coming in to 'stop' Klaus makes sense, he bothered to tell her the truth. They all knew she is the only one he still kind of trusts.
Davina is an idiot. She is going back to the people that tried to kill her over the vampires that have protected her quite a bit. She can die next season.
How have we come so far without Esther--Dahlia confrontation?

By the laws of genre media, Klaus needs to lose the baby somehow.
The baby has magical powers greater than anybody in the show because it is a real half-breed. It won't die. Genre media probably points to aging up rapidly more. See
V, Falling Skies

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Anyone else think it was kinda strange Dahlia just didnt wipe Claus out and take the kid?
She knows what hes like so its kinda stupid that she would suddenly start giving in to his demands

kirblar

Anyone else think it was kinda strange Dahlia just didnt wipe Claus out and take the kid?
She knows what hes like so its kinda stupid that she would suddenly start giving in to his demands
We've seen other witches use his family as power batteries before, so he's at least tempting her with something useful to her.

Joni

If she doesn't use him, she still has to pick up a new kid each generation with the problem the majority of her family is an immortal vampire or in the body of someone else.

rrc1594

Guys I tried, but for some reason I just don't care about everything that's happening on VD. It's hard for me to look froward to next EP. Usually around this time I'm sad, because we have one EP left. Now I'm like get on with it.

I'm far more invested in to the Originals then VD at this point.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
its a nice day for a RED WEDDING

kirblar

Guys I tried, but for some reason I just don't care about everything that's happening on VD. It's hard for me to look froward to next EP. Usually around this time I'm sad, because we have one EP left. Now I'm like get on with it.

I'm far more invested in to the Originals then VD at this point.
Don't worry, a lot of people are watching out of habit at this point.

Aceun

Yeah - it's totally muscle memory at this point. Sometimes I'm half-way through before I even realize I'm watching.

flyover

I think I'll be breaking that habit after next week. The show just can't do too much that's interesting or surprising with its characters anymore. I'm not disappointed or anything. I'm really glad I've watched it. Some shows just run their course.

At its best, TVD was great, and the plotting and pacing influenced quite a few shows that have followed in its wake. At its worst, it was still watchable and pretty well-crafted, even if it's just going through the motions and recycling the same stories with different characters. (Or sometimes it recycles the same story with the same character.)

It's also easy to forget now what a good lead Elena was in those early seasons. Even though Damon often got to steal the show, and Candice Accola was probably the best actor, Elena was my favorite character -- for the first few years, anyway.

Joni

That was a great episode, outside of Caroline shutting down Stefan. The mindfucks Stefan delivered to Damon were great, just as the mindfuck that is Kai. I think Jo will live, after her father sacrifices his life. The vampire witches should be left over for next year, they would be wasted if only used in one episode.

kirblar

That was a great episode, outside of Caroline shutting down Stefan. The mindfucks Stefan delivered to Damon were great, just as the mindfuck that is Kai. I think Jo will live, after her father sacrifices his life. The vampire witches should be left over for next year, they would be wasted if only used in one episode.
The writers know they have no chemistry together, and so they've been going for a "the timing never works" thing for them that's kind of awesome in how it trolls certain parts of the fanbase.

Not that Stefan has chemistry with...anyone.

Joni

The writers know they have no chemistry together, and so they've been going for a "the timing never works" thing for them that's kind of awesome in how it trolls certain parts of the fanbase.

They do have great chemistry, she has the right amount of fun.

jwk94

They're pretty much perfect for each other, which bothers me immensely. I would love for them to stay as best friends, but that's not going to happen.

jwk94

Effin Kai, man. Jo better be alive! Im guessing he was after the twins because of how their covenant works.

So are we to assume that the vamp witches sucked what's-his-name's morals and personality out of Kai?

Also, this is all Bonnie's fault lol.

kirblar

So are we to assume that the vamp witches sucked what's-his-name's morals and personality out of Kai?

Also, this is all Bonnie's fault lol.
That's just it- she made things way, way worse. He has empathy and other emotions and is now just doing this stuff anyway because he's angry and doesn't care.

jwk94

That's just it- she made things way, way worse. He has empathy and other emotions and is now just doing this stuff anyway because he's angry and doesn't care.

Yep, that's two (I guess three if you want to count next season) that Bonnie's actions have screwed people over. I'd love to see Bonnie deal with some serious PTSD after causing
Elena's death
. If they brought back OP Bonnie, I'd be very happy.

GamerSoul

I love Bonnie but yea it's partly her fault because Kai was beginning to show some emotion. Although i can't blame her for wanting Kai dead after what he put her through. Im sensing a lot of crazy witches in our future lol. But none will be as crazy as the Salvator(sp?) mother

rrc1594

Every EP. I pray Enzo dies, so we can stop giving him screen time. His character is ruined I don't care for him. Has he even talked to Damon this season?

jwk94

Every EP. I pray Enzo dies, so we can stop giving him screen time. His character is ruined I don't care for him. Has he even talked to Damon this season?

Once, I think? I vaguely recall Enzo telling Damon that he doesn't pick up his phone or return calls.

Joni

I have started up my The Vampire Diaries: Season 3 DVD re-watch. It opens up with Klaus speaking in an American accent. That Klaus-Ripper Stefan combination is still very strong.

rrc1594

Klaus stay winning.

The season finale was ok. Hopefully Davina has a bigger role next season, because she was starting to hit Enzo lvls of just taking up space.

LMAO at the Wolf clan all the way a square one again. IMO Hayley ask for it, try run away with Klaus baby.

I guess Davina is going to be a issue again next season. I look forward to seeing her fail, because Klaus always wins.

Aceun

That was such a great chapter of the Originals.

Looking forward to the next season and fully satisfied with this one.

TripOpt55

Very good finale for The Originals. Been a really fun season. Dahlia made a great villain towards the end. I also thought Vincent was pretty cool and a much better role for the actor than Finn. Definitely looking forward to where they head with this next season.

While I have generally been meh on TVD for a while, I am definitely looking forward to seeing how this season wraps up.

Matt_

Great season finale, though mumma michelson was a bit off though

cw_sasuke

Klaus stay winning.

The season finale was ok. Hopefully Davina has a bigger role next season, because she was starting to hit Enzo lvls of just taking up space.

LMAO at the Wolf clan all the way a square one again. IMO Hayley ask for it, try run away with Klaus baby.

I guess Davina is going to be a issue again next season. I look forward to seeing her fail, because Klaus always wins.

Finale episodes reminded me again why i love Klaus - he just doesnt give a fuck when it comes to achieving his goals. Just straight up killed his brothers GF and let Haley and her clan be cursed again...haha dude is just too much.

Expected a bit more at the ending with Cammie, but they probably dont want to tie him down before Season 3 starts.

Dont know about Davina - she was cool in Season 1...but i dont want her to take a mayor Villain role in the next Season after we just go Dhalia. Dont really think she can pull it off and failed a bunch of times already...i want new enemies instead of OP Witches.
Rebekah's ending: "Well, we'll see how busy Claire Holt is next season!"

Originals can be glad that they have two great choices...OG Rebekah as well as the new one are some of my favorites so no matter how it ends up i win ( well and Marcel lol)

Joni

I very much liked that finale, but Claudia Black was underused heavily. I can only be glad Julie Plec is keeping her around for Cordon, she deserves more television attention. Also good to know, Riley Voelkel will become series regular for next year. They aced the Freya casting so I'm glad she is staying. As for Rebbecah, I'm hoping Claire Holt wants to come back full time. It does suck they have lost both of them, Holt to Aquarius and Maisie Richardson-Sellers to Of Kings and Prophets.

Pachimari

I'm catching up with The Originals now. I'm really impressed by everything this season, especially the action from the new actors/actresses and the music that sets the mood and atmosphere.

I'm at Episode 21, so I'm close to the final, but right now I'm on Klaus and Dhalia's side, and I have a feeling that Hayley (who had been a favorite of mine since TVD) will die.

But I'll see.

When I have finished this, I will probably catch up with The Vampire Diaries on Thursday to finish that season too. I'm not feeling TVD that much this season to be honest and don't find it that interesting but I will keep watching.

Who in here will stay for Season 7?

rrc1594

I'm catching up with The Originals now. I'm really impressed by everything this season, especially the action from the new actors/actresses and the music that sets the mood and atmosphere.

I'm at Episode 21, so I'm close to the final, but right now I'm on Klaus and Dhalia's side, and I have a feeling that Hayley (who had been a favorite of mine since TVD) will die.

But I'll see.

When I have finished this, I will probably catch up with The Vampire Diaries on Thursday to finish that season too. I'm not feeling TVD that much this season to be honest and don't find it that interesting but I will keep watching.

Who in here will stay for Season 7?

I will. I don't drop shows

BokehKing

Banned
I always fine it odd, that since he spends 99% of his time as a vampire
That Klaus always refers to himself as the Wolf

They need to let Klaus wolf out
I don't think he has since that penultimate season 2 episode all the way back on vampire diaries

So what's the chance kol returns?

Pachimari

Just finished the season, and I were a little bit disappointed by the finale. It was very solid no doubt, and there weren't anything wrong with it - but it just lacked that last kick to take it to another level. Sweet ending with Klaus and Hope, telling that story.
And they seriously gotta let the show WOLF out in Season 3. We need more wolves, not another war against Davina and the witches which we will probably get..

The big plots next season is probably gonna be Davina wanting to make an end to the Mikaelson family, and Rebekah trying to get the original Kol back, which Davina also wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom