• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S8 |OT| It's the final countdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbztrk

I would love it if we got to see Katherine one last time. I mean she did go to the realm that Arcadius presides over.

The Hobo

"Let's have Damon and Stefan under someone else's control and then have them commit numerous atrocities."

This is a terrible build up to the show's sendoff.

clemenx

Banned
This season has been really really weak damn. I am also starting to think, that Nina Dobrev won't even be back for any new scenes.

I agree which is a shame because I loved last season. No Nina needed! But it does feel really weak this time around.

I'm glad she'll be back for closure tho. Her "sleep" was really stupid.

Pachimari

I actually really liked this last episode. Seeing some of the old faces like Sheriff Forbes, Tyler and especially Vicky playing inside Damon's head. It was a great episode, especially as Cade finally killed off Sybill and Seline lol. Hopefully the quality goes up from here, since they only got 6 episodes left. Matt should have died I feel.

Pachimari

Are any of you still watching The Originals? And what did you think of Season 3 without spoiling it?

I'm behind with 16 episodes so I'm only now catching up with the show, so I'm ready for the fourth season next month.

Are any of you still watching The Originals? And what did you think of Season 3 without spoiling it?

I'm behind with 16 episodes so I'm only now catching up with the show, so I'm ready for the fourth season next month.
Didn't like it as much as season 2, mainly due to the antagonist. It did pick up towards the last few episodes though.

Joni

Repetitive is a good word for it.

Somnia

I really liked this most recent episode, though I felt really bad for a certain someone at the end :(

I was really beginning to like Enzo, he grew on me. Though it was obvious with all the shit him and Bonnie were doing.

Pachimari

I hope by the end of it everybody dies, and Elena awakes to a new world where none of her friends are. But I just know they're gonna end it on a happy note and we'll see them all together.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yeah, the writers clearly hate Bonnie.

Cant blame them, I hate her too.

but lets be serious, we all know this will end with Damon going to hell, rescuing everyone and killing the Devil.

Seems like another former star is coming back
TVLine

that gives more stock to my thought that Damon (and maybe the whole crew) will intentionall travel to hell, Rescue Enzio, Tyler and see
Kia and Katherine

Pachimari

Oh please I hope we are not getting some kind of happy ending where everybody is just okay. I can't wait for these final five episodes, so excited!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kinda wish i didnt see his name pop up in the opening credits,,,would have been a even better surprise - well, still cool to see him back.

Joni

Oh please I hope we are not getting some kind of happy ending where everybody is just okay. I can't wait for these final five episodes, so excited!

I kinda want an happy ending.

Kinda wish i didnt see his name pop up in the opening credits,,,would have been a even better surprise - well, still cool to see him back.

Glad I missed his name. Surprised he is back so soon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I kinda want an happy ending.

Why wouldnt you want one...i didnt follow this series all those season for some grim ending lol.

btw. We are gonna transform this thread into the Originals thread after TVD is done right ?

Pachimari

Why wouldnt you want one...i didnt follow this series all those season for some grim ending lol.

btw. We are gonna transform this thread into the Originals thread after TVD is done right ?

Happy endings are so cliche and everything just feels like a waste if everyone ends up living ever after. The coolest thing would be if Elena wakes up and none of those she knows lives anymore.

I think we're gonna make a whole new thread for The Originals.

Joni

Best character is back. I think I'm on the waitlist for heaven.
And why is Alaric following him on Twitter?

New topic might be better, with an Hope reference in the title.

Pachimari

Just watched the episode and thought it was entertaining but it also did everything that is wrong about the show. Bonnie getting yet another power creating a private dimension. Enzo should be fully dead and out of the show. Stefan should have been shot dead and gone to hell but instead they do yet another cop out. That's the biggest problem throughout the past 8 years, is that there is no consequences to anything. And I'm not sure that I like that Kai is back no matter how great a character he is, if this means bringing back Elena with yet no consequences to the rest of the gang.

Bonnie should have no contact to Enzo and live with the loss. Stefan should have been shot dead. And Elena needs to wake up in a world where Bonnie is dead because they're lives are linked. It will be yet another copout if they reverse that whole thing they build up seasons ago.

The show has finally gotten entertaining and also a little interesting again but they keep repeating the same mistakes.

Yado

Just watched the episode and thought it was entertaining but it also did everything that is wrong about the show. Bonnie getting yet another power creating a private dimension. Enzo should be fully dead and out of the show. Stefan should have been shot dead and gone to hell but instead they do yet another cop out. That's the biggest problem throughout the past 8 years, is that there is no consequences to anything. And I'm not sure that I like that Kai is back no matter how great a character he is, if this means bringing back Elena with yet no consequences to the rest of the gang.

Bonnie should have no contact to Enzo and live with the loss. Stefan should have been shot dead. And Elena needs to wake up in a world where Bonnie is dead because they're lives are linked. It will be yet another copout if they reverse that whole thing they build up seasons ago.

The show has finally gotten entertaining and also a little interesting again but they keep repeating the same mistakes.

I figure Bonnie will die and have her happily ever after with Enzo in her psychic world. Or maybe it will become that in between dimension to replace the one that was destroyed.

Pachimari

They are kinda retreating that whole in-between dimension again which we had a whole season around. The same with the cure just popping up again, like they struggled to come up with something real original. The sirens was a great concept but poorly executed. I'm still excited about these last episodes but I feel Season 7 was much better.

I just don't want to be disappointed by the ending. I love this show way too much.

Joni

I figured out I'm an idiot. Yes.
Those final Kai moments. Hilarious.
And yes, she is back. The greatest bitch is back.

Joni

I didn't understand Kai though. How could someone like Katerina be more powerful than Cade or gain control of hell? Wasn't it said that hell was a product of Cade himself?

It is just a bit hyperbole on his end, in combination with the fact she is more ruthless.

jwk94

So I just finished catching up from the December episodes. Overall, I'm kinda meh about most of it. This half of the season has a lot of good shockers at the end of the episode, but I feel like those are some of the only good bits left. Bonnie getting new powers convinces me that not only is this girl the most unfortunate character I've ever seen, but that this girl has unlimited magic that's controller by her emotions.

Enzo dyign was a very powerful moment and them more or less bringing him back kinda dampens it. Enzo should be gone, gone. Not half dead, but gone. If you're gonna bring him back like that, at least wait a few episodes. I realize they're pressed for time, but whatever.

I expected Bonnie's new powers to be some batshit strong stuff that could've gone toe to toe with the devil which is what they seem to be implying, but we won't really have room to develop there.

I was very happy to see Kai return seeing as he's one of my favorite characters.

Stefan going ripper again was alright. Honestly, Stefan is better when his emotions are off, meanwhile Damon's better when his are on.

Caroline....she's ok I guess.

Probably the most interesting aspect of this half of the season was the potential for a sequel. The chick who got turned into a vampire could've and should've survived instead of being another Cade sacrifice. She should've gone off to another town, planting the seed for a sequel series with her as the main character (along with the black guy who Alaric is friends with). At least it would've offered some fresh viewpoints on the series with small ties to previous seasons. Alas, that's not meant to be.

That said, I feel like we've gotten so many new characters that just went to waste this season. Like their existence never really mattered. They could've been damn near anyone else. Mindy from Drake and Josh had potential as a Siren, and then she's just being Sirened and killed off only to be mentioned one other time.

Black guy is a researcher who takes Mindy's place and I guess helps Stefan out, kinda?

Matt's dad.....Matt just needed to go. He's needed to go for a long, long time.

Also, where's Jeremy? I really hope they bring him back for the finale. Dude's still one of my favorite characters.

Tell that to Jenna who never got to come back =/ Also Lexi who should've come back permanently.

Pachimari

Okay I just finished last week's episode. It felt like a filler episode which was unfortunate since we don't have that many left. I know they dealt with Cade and Katherine now has the power etc but still.

Joni

That was a happy family reunion .Too bad they couldn't just already use Nina Dobrev in this episode.

Pachimari

Nice wedding.

But I hate how they have been teasing Katherine and doesn't have Nina available. I will also be furious if Bonnie doesn't stay down (dead) now, and if we don't see Katherine at all. Cool enough having Vicki around but I hated mommy Donovan.

I expect more from the next episode.

I'm gonna catch up with The Originals now. I'm at episode 8 of season 3.

Pachimari

I loved the mid-season finale of The Originals. Seeing Camille killed. And then it turns out to be yet another fucking cop out with no real consequence. And not only that, after walking around the whole episode being steadfast in wanting to die, she turns around by the end and welcomes being a vampire to make a difference. I hate that character development. Other than that, the season has become real good. Aurora remains one of the best characters in all of TVD/Originals and I hope Hayley will end up with Elijah.

I hope Davina and the Sisters can bring Kol back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom