• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S7 | The Originals S3 |OT| Everyone Has Mommy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Anyone else getting tired of TVD again? I was fine at the start of the season and I was really looking forward to catching up with the future events, but once we actually got there I stopped caring. Rena is dead and now we have Bonnie? Is that really all they could think of?

Toth

I know people don't like Davina but that fate is way too harsh. I can see Marcel taking the serum and agreeing to work with the Ancestors to get rid of the Mickaelsons in exchange for bringing Davina back. Whatever Marcel ends up doing will work though since we know Klaus is MIA for three years.

As for TVD, I hope we finally have the plot coming together, it's been a bit all over the place this season.

I still don't understand the plot hole where alllllllllllll those trapped vampires conveniently found 'dead' vampire bodies to inhabit and not get stuck in human bodies like Stefan did. I thought those transposed vampires were not able to become vampires ones again bc they couldn't ingest vampire blood. /shrugs

I still don't understand the plot hole where alllllllllllll those trapped vampires conveniently found 'dead' vampire bodies to inhabit and not get stuck in human bodies like Stefan did. I thought those transposed vampires were not able to become vampires ones again bc they couldn't ingest vampire blood. /shrugs

I had thought that, I figured they'd all end up in morgues and die after a few days.

Joni

They didn't, they had news reports in the background about the dead rising. That was quite an indicator that a lot of vampires found human bodies. Raina also didn't destroy bodies, she just staked them with her sword which left the bodies intact. Bodies like that of Julian stayed around for quite some time, so it could be a lot of them inhabited bodies of other Raina victims.

Joni

Loved The Vampire Diaries season finale.
-
Bonnie was really channelling that Raina craziness, I wouldn't have minded her killing Enzo there. She lost magic, so that is also punishment.
-
That was a gruesome Matt moment when he was trying to crack his leg. I still think he should have died there, instead of just leaving town like Jeremy.
-
The monster at the end, the creepy disappearances, the other time jump and actually getting Nina Dobrev back for that moment was my favorite moment
I also like how it looks like they are writing out Alaric, keep him out. Too bad he seems to be returning. Just focus on the five to keep costs down.

jrush64

Banned
Didn't feel like a finale. I enjoyed it up until that Elena stuff at the end. At least better than last season though.

Joni

The Originals could have served as a great season finale, extra episode seems so unnecessary.
-
They should have gone through on Marcel's death. It would have served as a great moment for the season, to see them finally react as they should.
-
I was expecting Kole to stay behind with Davina, as he offers very little extra to the plot. I can see him fall victim to Marcel. He has to kill someone to have stakes.
-
It is time the Ancestors are put out of play. They just need to stay outside of the show now, never bring them back. Just kill all witches except Freya.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I am not here for Marcel to be the baddie, he doesnt make a good villain.
I saw the twist coming but I wish it was a permanent death

On the flip side I'm totally here for Damon being an actual villain again, and not a guy that just makes some questionable choices and gets judged by everyone else. Continuing to streamline by writing out Alaric and Matt will serve them well too
Though its a bit ridiculous that bonnie and matt crashed off of a main road and nobody found him for ages

kirblar

I am not here for Marcel to be the baddie, he doesnt make a good villain.
I saw the twist coming but I wish it was a permanent death

On the flip side I'm totally here for Damon being an actual villain again, and not a guy that just makes some questionable choices and gets judged by everyone else. Continuing to streamline by writing out Alaric and Matt will serve them well too
Though its a bit ridiculous that bonnie and matt crashed off of a main road and nobody found him for ages
I thought they were turning him there till they showed him again later in the ep.

Somnia

Have to say I really likes that finale for The Originals. I assume were going to get a big time jump next season with an older Hope.

Also Vincent has really grown on me, I like the actor a lot.

kirblar

Maybe that's why they kept him on the show. Either way I really wish we would get some mythical creatures or demons or something. I'm sure they will kill Marcel next season. I'm not sure who will.
They've said in interviews that they weren't planning on keeping the actor around but wrote him into a full-fledged character after being super impressed by him early in S2.

Joni

Strong surprising finale after a fairly dull season, although I disliked them leaving so many people alive. I would have loved some huge confrontation between witches and vampires thinning out the ranks. I loved that they used The Vampire Diaries to tease this ending. They are hitting it out of the park with their season finales this year at The CW.

VeeP

Originals started out dull this season, but the past 5-6 episodes have been great. The finale was quite impressive I thought.

What do you guys think is next? 4 years time skip?

Joni

Originals started out dull this season, but the past 5-6 episodes have been great. The finale was quite impressive I thought.

What do you guys think is next? 4 years time skip?

Vampire Diaries has jumped three years, then another six months. Originals needs at least to match this jump. But I could see them jumping further, turning Hope into an actual character. But that will depend on how they'll treat the cross-overs. I do hope they start with showing Hayley going around.

finowns

Finale was ehh. LOL'd when Klaus talked about his crimes. He called that dudes dead wife a harlot, and the farm and village he burned a slum.. lolllllllll.

Pachimari

I'll miss it a lot. It was the show that got me into television shows in the first place. On the other hand, the show also reminds me of my ex, so I'm probably happy that it's all coming to an end anyway.

bratpack

YES!!!! best news iv heard all day tv shows should not be allowed go past there 7th or 8th seasons generally, they always have a significant dip in quality IMO

Supernatural should take a leaf out of VDs book that show has been dragged and dragged and now I just dont care about it anymore.

VD was awful for season 7 I struggled to bingewatch it they have exhuasted it.

Season 8 could be a return to form now that they know they have an end locked down and hopefully nina will return for the last few episodes not just the finale.

Pachimari

I want the whole final episode to be a party, where everybody's just having fun, and where Elena returns, and everybody returns and cheers and laughs, and talks directly to the viewer giving their thanks and appreciation. Heh.

bratpack

I want everyone to be dead and then elena wakes up alone and scared she has to find her way in the future world I'm talking were bonnie has lived her life and had a happy one with children and grandchildren.

Elena will learn of Bonnie's family and track them down and discover the journals of Caroline,stefan etc that bonnie kept

Elena sees the world again and sets out to live life just like Stefan did in the pilot episode.

It's bleak but I like it lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nothing announced. Seeing the ratings, I could see it being canned.

Are the ratings worse than for iZombie or The100 ? Didnt expect that since the show has been quite good overall.

Joni

Are the ratings worse than for iZombie or The100 ? Didnt expect that since the show has been quite good overall.
The lowest warner show. Those two get 0.5 while Originals gets 0.3 demo ratings. That is reign, crazy ex and Jane level ratings. I expect about three shows to end this year. Both Vampire shows and reign. Two of the three will get syndication numbers this year.

rrc1594

What I have to wait to midseason for The Originals!!

giphy.gif

BokehKing

Banned
Originals has been the superior show, sad to see those ratings
I'm sick of Damon
First two seasons of vampire diaries was the best, season 3 seemed more like the originals co starting the cast of TVD
Elena was the worst, I think the show is much better with out her, actually I think TVD in general took a nose dive once they started to force the whole Delena thing.

Joni

The Originals just keeps repeating the same story: Problem appears. Family disagrees how to solve. Everyone mad at Klaus. Bigger danger shows up. Everyone comes together.

dbztrk

The Originals just keeps repeating the same story: Problem appears. Family disagrees how to solve. Everyone mad at Klaus. Bigger danger shows up. Everyone comes together.

Yup. Also we know that Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah ain't going to die. It all feels pointless at this point.

BokehKing

Banned
Season 2 Klaus and originals arrival was on some next level bad ass shit.

Like look out its Klaus
Elijah throwing pennies and buildings exploding and shit.

They hit them with the nerf stick a lot.

Also remember back in season 2, Stefan and Damon were like "we been around 159 years we never heard of werewolves, things that could kill us with one bite, it's just a myth"

Meanwhile they are alllllll over the place and even came before vampires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom