• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S3 |OT| Whet Your Appetite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't people like Jeremy?

Horrible actor playing a horrible whiny character. They have tried everything with his character and he is still whiney and useless. It's season 3 and he is still whining about not being useless, then complains when they want to use him for the one useful thing he can do. I'd rather have more Matt and less Jeremy.

Clevinger

Horrible actor playing a horrible whiny character. They have tried everything with his character and he is still whiney and useless. It's season 3 and he is still whining about not being useless, then complains when they want to use him for the one useful thing he can do. I'd rather have more Matt and less Jeremy.

Pretty much. Though Matt's actor is pretty bad as well.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Awesome to see so many new posters in here. Hope the thread for next season is even more active!
Right. I'm hoping it wasn't just the finale and everyone will be regulars. I thought the usual 4-5 would respond to the finale.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
From the CW's Upfront

What can we expect from CW's biggest hit Vampire Diaries? The new season begins with the
"the knowledge that everything is changing. As Elena (Nina Dobrev) and her friends enter into the final stretch of high school before graduation sends them off on different paths, their bond to their home town of Mystic Falls takes on a deeper meaning when a new villain seems intent on destroying it." Joseph Morgan is still listed as a series regular
, so take from that what you will... Vampire Diaries will reach syndication at the end of season 4! Aside from being the top rated show for the network, Vampire Diaries broke twitter records as one of the most-tweeted shows ever!

Flash

From the CW's Upfront

the fact that they are in high school never fails to make me lol. come on that's so damn ridiculous. why don't they just pretend they are in college or university? Attendance wouldn't matter, they could actually drink, go to bars, etc.

kirblar

the fact that they are in high school never fails to make me lol. come on that's so damn ridiculous. why don't they just pretend they are in college or university? Attendance wouldn't matter, they could actually drink, go to bars, etc.
These kids are almost certainly not going to college.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I am wondering if the new villain is going to be someone from the council/government trying to get rid of Mystic Falls because its full of vampires, would make sense since Elena is now a vampire and would be chased around adding more drama

I am wondering if the new villain is going to be someone from the council/government trying to get rid of Mystic Falls because its full of vampires, would make sense since Elena is now a vampire and would be chased around adding more drama

I figure it will be something like this. Now that the whole council is aware the sherrif and mayor were hiding the truth. I'm sure there are others like HRG(Caroline's dad) running around.

The pacing in this series is fantastic. Usually the writers would have turned Elena into a vampire much earlier on in the series, but right now was the perfect time. Nina is hot as fuck.

Carbonox

Me too, Elijah is so fucking badass. http://gifsoup.com/

Anyone got a gif of Elijah mowing down that shop in broad daylight in one of Season 2's episodes? I think it was with coins where he flicks them so hard it shatters all the windows. :lol So fucking badass that scene.

Anyway, the finale just aired on UK TV today and holy fucking shit. I love this show to bits. I don't think I've ever seen a show where there's a twist in each episode, and each episode tops the one before it. It's a never-ending spiral of awesome.

That ending though...man...

One of the best seasons of TV I've seen in quite some time.

Klaus needs to get back to his body ASAP and I hope we get another "Now that's more like it."

I hope they don't fall into what I will call "the Sylar trap" with Klaus. He's a good villain, he's well acted, he's menacing, he's powerful, he's got more dimensions to him than pure evil. But they need to handle it properly and not just keep bringing him back in preposterous ways like they did with Sylar on Heroes. It was one of that show's greatest downfalls, and I hope it doesn't hamstring this one as well.

Carbonox

I hope they don't fall into what I will call "the Sylar trap" with Klaus. He's a good villain, he's well acted, he's menacing, he's powerful, he's got more dimensions to him than pure evil. But they need to handle it properly and not just keep bringing him back in preposterous ways like they did with Sylar on Heroes. It was one of that show's greatest downfalls, and I hope it doesn't hamstring this one as well.

Plus I remember Nathan's body being used as a vessel for Sylar after Nathan was killed, with Nathan's memories also being brought back to 'trap' Sylar within in every way. Obviously that went down the shitter (Nathan's 'final death' was one of the saddest scenes in that show :().

However, I do wonder how it will occur with Klaus and Tyler. Will they fight each other internally for the body? Or will Klaus get some new body back relatively quickly?

Wiktor

In Heroes defense though, Sylar was bassicaly the only good thing about this show in later seasons, so it made sense to bring him back :D

TheDanger

Banned
Anyone got a gif of Elijah mowing down that shop in broad daylight in one of Season 2's episodes? I think it was with coins where he flicks them so hard it shatters all the windows. :lol So fucking badass that scene.

Here you go

tumblr_lzviycvfa51r3x2d7o1_r4_500.gif

tumblr_lbr5pk4QDm1qealwto1_400.gif

just a few other elijah badass gifs:

tumblr_m3y0yafhzo1rvabrbo1_250.gif

tumblr_m3y0yafhzo1rvabrbo2_250.gif

tumblr_ly2r7wLKvM1qdre25.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
From the comic con panel, a bit spoilerish but not really

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/14/the-vampire-diaries-comic-con-2012-were-live-blogging/

Julie on season 4: “We’ve been in the writers’ room for a couple of months now. We had a longer stretch to think about it this year…and it feels so fresh. It feels familiar in all the right ways and different in all the right ways.” She adds: “Damon and Stefan will have to deal with that change with her.” Also, graduation coming! “It’s a lot of really good, deep, emotional and twisted stuff.”

Ian says this season Damon will be unapologetic because he’s done everything people asked him to do up until this point. “If [they] don’t like it, [they] can go [mouths f-word] yourself.”

Williamson: Will this be the season of Matt?
Zach: It will be the season of Matt trying to stay a human.

“Katherine will not show her face until Klaus is no longer a threat. We’ll see when that is.” says Julie

Julie on Alaric return: He definitely has permission from his other show (Cult) to appear. “We certainly don’t like living in a world without Matt Davis in our family. So it’s possible.”

Julie on who Esther, the Original Witch, learned from: “That’s a big question we’re going to be asking this year.”

Also if anyone wants to do the S4 thread and give it a good flashy descriptive OP be my guest, I can help gather the info I just might not have time to do banners and would rather not have it look half-ass like this one.

S4 is going to be interesting because there's so much promise in the story that it could be easy to mess that up. This is going to be a minefield of storytelling and I'm gonna watch every second just to see how they develop all of this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
S4 is going to be interesting because there's so much promise in the story that it could be easy to mess that up. This is going to be a minefield of storytelling and I'm gonna watch every second just to see how they develop all of this.

All I have to say is... they'd better not wuss out and magically have Elena go back to normal within the first episode or so.

kirblar

All I have to say is... they'd better not wuss out and magically have Elena go back to normal within the first episode or so.
They've said this was the plan all along, but it was just a matter of getting the timing right on it. (There are rumblings that they've got a 6-season outline for the show, making the "turn" the series midpoint.)

TripOpt55

I just finished catching up on this show. I love it. Going to go back and see some of the reactions in here now that I am caught up. I am slightly unsure about how I feel about Elena turning, but the way it happened was so good that I can't really complain. I guess it was going to happen eventually. Curious how that will go this season. Also I will miss Alaric :( He was awesome. I loved his friendship with Damon. It was so much fun.

Also Nina Dobrev is like the hottest girl ever.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just finished catching up on this show. I love it. Going to go back and see some of the reactions in here now that I am caught up. I am slightly unsure about how I feel about Elena turning, but the way it happened was so good that I can't really complain. I guess it was going to happen eventually. Curious how that will go this season. Also I will miss Alaric :( He was awesome. I loved his friendship with Damon. It was so much fun.

Also Nina Dobrev is like the hottest girl ever.
Welcome aboard to one of the greatest slept on shows evar. We'll see you in the S4 thread.

TripOpt55

Man I have been dying to talk about this with people, but since no one I know offline watches and I wasn't caught up, I really couldn't. Anyone want to chime in with favorite season, favorite episode, favorite character... whatever else?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Man I have been dying to talk about this with people, but since no one I know offline watches and I wasn't caught up, I really couldn't. Anyone want to chime in with favorite season, favorite episode, favorite character... whatever else?

Everyone knows the best character is Damon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom