• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S3 |OT| Whet Your Appetite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
49F7P.jpg
hRFqD.jpg
Jfw9R.jpg
fwPZy.jpg

INFORMATION

The Vampire Diaries
Season Premiere Date: Thursday, September 15th - 7pm
the CW
Genre: Drama

Season Title:
Season of the Originals

Main Cast
Nina Dobrev - Elena Gilbert/Katherine
Paul Wesley - Stefan Salvatore
Ian Somerhalder - Damon Salvatore
Joseph Morgan - Klaus

Catch Up
Season 1 Episode Guide
Season 2 Episode Guide
Full Episodes S2: 17-22

ihq36.jpg

Carbonox

A guilty pleasure. Can't wait for it to start. I'm getting saturated with vampire shit (S4 of True Blood ended, S3 starting on British TV, S3 of this starting this week, etc.). It's glorious.

WTF is that Secret Circle nonsense? A spin-off? Bleh.

Dennis

Banned
I don't know anyting about this show so let me ask the question I am sure fans love to get: this is pretty much a Twilight type deal, right?

Cashing in on the pussy/sexy vampire trend?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
DennisK4 said:
I don't know anyting about this show so let me ask the question I am sure fans love to get: this is pretty much a Twilight type deal, right?

It might have started because of the success of Twilight and they do share some similar themes but aside from that the story is completely different and the characters don't make you want to punch your TV from too much nonsensical teen angst.

Kyoufu

DennisK4 said:

Nothing pussy about Damon. I think you should check it out.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Granger Danger said:
Kind of baffled as to why they are now treating Klaus as the fourth principle character in all the S3 promo materials tbh.

not sure what this implies but I guess I should say just in case:

NO BOOK SPOILERS! PLEASE

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Granger Danger said:
?

I haven't ever read a single letter of the books.
well your post made it seemed like if he wasn't going to last long

Anyways, its just a warning for others(?) as well

No, I just meant that it's weird that they're promoting a core four now all of a sudden instead of the traditional core three, and with such a seemingly random addition over mainstays like Bonnie/Jeremy/Tyler/Caroline.

Clevinger

It's hilarious to me how much better the writing is on this (minus the incredibly bad start) than True Blood.

If only we could get this show's writing with True Blood's production, gore, and sex and I'd be in heaven.

DennisK4 said:

It has themes like the love triangle but it is handled way better. And the books came out before Twilight although as far as I know the TV show is pretty different from the books.

Great show and glad its back. Easily the best vampire show on TV. First episode back was great. I'm liking the Stefan story and whatever is up with Jeremy
just hope there is more to it than just him saving dead vampires from something. Also why no Jenna?

This has been one of my favorite shows. So far Im liking season 3 and cant wait to see more. Really glad that Anna is backeven if she is a ghost or something. Loved her in the first season.

And thanks for reminding me about the secret circle. For anyone whos wondering is basicly like this show. Except with all witches instead of vampires (or atleas witches are the main characters) its a completely different story not a side story of Vampire Diaries.

DennisK4 said:

Its has the veneer of twilightness (all vampires do in fact wear eye shadow) but its far beyond it now. If the show had nudity it would outclass True Blood in all facets (not a real high bar). The TV show has almost nothing to do with the novels.

This season is all in the past correct?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Dude, this episode was so awesome. After the colossal disappointment that the latest True Blood season was, I was worried that with a new season of VD could take a turn for the worst.

Not at all. Episode was fucking good, the Stefan/Klaus storyline is awesome, and man Klaus's actor is a boss.

-Babyteks-

Neo Member
subscribed.
also, to whoever asked what happened to Jenna, you must have fallen asleep during the finale. she ain't coming back no mo' (I hope...she was the only thing I didn't like about TVD)

Toki767

-Babyteks- said:
subscribed.
also, to whoever asked what happened to Jenna, you must have fallen asleep during the finale. she ain't coming back no mo' (I hope...she was the only thing I didn't like about TVD)
I think he was asking why Jeremy only sees Vicky and Ana and not Jenna too.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Guilty pleasure of mine too, mainly because I think Ian Sommerhalder is hot as hell. Its not really that bad writing wise, story isnt really that bad either and I like that the show is more about the brothers and their relationship with each other than a typical love triangle like twilight. And it has traditional vampire stuff, unlike twilight its a lot more gorry, bloody and gritty and that's always a plus. I really hate what Twilight has done to Vampire genre.

In a perfect world we'd get shows based on books like Interview With the Vampire. I liked the movie but I say book because I thought it was better than the movie.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
It was going to be damn hard for them to beat the S2 return, but it was still pretty solid. Love this show a lot. :)

Great start, the moment with phone and the ending of the episode was awesome. Stefan as a bad guy is way better than Damon.

Toki767 said:

Yup, which is why I was hoping whatever Jeremy is going through is more than just helping Anna and Vicky, and has more to do with actually seeing ghosts or something. Jenna being still around in a ghost capacity I think would be interesting, especially if people find out he can see them.

-Babyteks-

Neo Member
Toki767 said:

Isn't he only seeing the girls he was in love with?
I guess we'll see. At the risk of repeating myself I hope Jenna's out of the picture.

-Babyteks- said:
I guess we'll see. At the risk of repeating myself I hope Jenna's out of the picture.

So far it seems, but it hasn't reallly said or given any reason. I hope that's not the only reason he is seeing them though(aside from you know, dying). I just hope there is more to it.

-Babyteks- said:
Could be his guilt for indirectly causing their deaths. Either way I hope it pans out nicely. I'm hoping for necromancy of some sort, it would really change things up.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Could be his guilt for indirectly causing their deaths. Either way I hope it pans out nicely. I'm hoping for necromancy of some sort, it would really change things up.

Definitely hoping for something like this. It was drilled into our head all last season that Jeremy is powerless, I see this ending up with him having some sort of power. Honest question how was he indirectly responsible for Vicky? I honestly forget.

RepairmanJack said:
Definitely hoping for something like this. It was drilled into our head all last season that Jeremy is powerless, I see this ending up with him having some sort of power. Honest question how was he indirectly responsible for Vicky? I honestly forget.
I don't remember the details but didn't he leave her at a party when she was turned and then Stefan had to kill her because she was hurting him or something. It wasn't even that bad now that I really think of it but I remember him being very guilty/blaming himself about it. I think he said he could have tried to talk Vicki out of being hostile quicker or something since they were so close.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
I don't remember the details but didn't he leave her at a party when she was turned and then Stefan had to kill her because she was hurting him or something. It wasn't even that bad now that I really think of it but I remember him being very guilty/blaming himself about it. I think he said he could have tried to talk Vicki out of being hostile quicker or something since they were so close.

I'm not sure, for some reason I was thinking Jeremy still didn't know anything yet at that time. Just reading the wiki it seems like it was done at a school party and Vicki attacked Jeremy and Elena and Stefan staked her. After that Jeremy was compelled to forget. Also reading this I realised in the first season to actually become a vampire after you come back to life you had to drink human blood, if you didn't you died after a bit of time. They apparently dropped this since then. Aside from the other stuff they dropped like Damon becoming animals and flying and stuff.

Ratings are in:
'Vampire Diaries' premiere dips; 'Secret Circle' solid

How did The CW's new Thursday block pairing returning hit Vampire Diaries and newcomer The Secret Circle do in the ratings? Not too shabby. Though Vampire Diaries (3 million viewers, 1.4 adults 18-49 rating) dipped from its premiere last year, The Secret Circle (3 million, 1.3) retained nearly all of its lead in from the network's top-rated show.

VD was down a pretty standard annual dip of 13 percent from last year's debut. Secret Circle was down a tenth from Nikita's debut in the slot last year in the adult demo, but tied Nikita in the network's 18-34 target demo (and with its stronger lead-in, the witchcraft drama managed to pull a higher number than Ringer's premiere on Tuesday).

Overall: Both numbers are considered solid CW ratings for your typical weeks, though one hopes the network can maintain these levels in the weeks to come once rivals unleash their shows.

Marius_ said:
I just notice Katerina was missing

I think she ran after giving Damon the cure. There was a line I missed a little of but it seemed like they were talking about her being on vervain and the compelling not working. But I thought that didn't make much sense because the last episode she was complaing because she couldn't leave because Klaus' compelling didn't wear off, so I may have heard wrong.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
RepairmanJack said:
I'm not sure, for some reason I was thinking Jeremy still didn't know anything yet at that time. Just reading the wiki it seems like it was done at a school party and Vicki attacked Jeremy and Elena and Stefan staked her. After that Jeremy was compelled to forget. Also reading this I realised in the first season to actually become a vampire after you come back to life you had to drink human blood, if you didn't you died after a bit of time. They apparently dropped this since then. Aside from the other stuff they dropped like Damon becoming animals and flying and stuff.

Did they? I remember Caroline and Vicki drinking human blood. The only one I cant remember if she did was Jenna

Marius_ said:
Did they? I remember Caroline and Vicki drinking human blood. The only one I cant remember if she did was Jenna

Its been shown that they have to feed to cement the deal after they die with vamp blood in their system. From the flashbacks to vicki.

Marius_ said:

It seemed like Jenna was already changed when she fed on the witch so I'm not sure. It just seemed a lot different from what I remember of Vicki in the first season. But I could be wrong, I had just forgotten all about it until I read the wiki for that episode.

RepairmanJack said:
It seemed like Jenna was already changed when she fed on the witch so I'm not sure. It just seemed a lot different from what I remember of Vicki in the first season. But I could be wrong, I had just forgotten all about it until I read the wiki for that episode.

They are rushing to prevent Vicki from feeding for most of the episode. Then she feeds and goes berserk and they stake her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom