• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Diaries S6/Originals S2 |OT| Have no fears we've got dopplegangers for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I really think The CW still wants 10 seasons out of The Vampire Diaries. And I really hope the writing team are creating enough to create something interesting for Season 7 without Nina.

I also don't drop any of these shows until the end, even though I think TVD have been super weak.

I think I'm behind with 5 episodes but will probably catch up today.

Somnia

Just like Supernatural, I've gone this far I'll stick it out to the end.

Plus I want to see how they handle next season without Elena.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
igjSk4LUrxWpg.gif

flyover

Looking forward to see how VD is next season with all these changes.
Also did they do a time skip at the end ?

Yep. Good move, if you ask me. Jump starts the next season and lets them skip the college years for Caroline and Bonnie altogether, so everyone can be back in Mystic Falls.

Damn that was a great finale. I never could have predicted that that would be how they got rid of Elena, but I liked it.

Oh, and Kai getting decapitated was glorious.

Prologue

Looking forward to see how VD is next season with all these changes.
Also did they do a time skip at the end ?

WTF at the very end

we-have-to-go-back.gif

Things just got interesting. Will definitely stay around for the next season. Wish they had Stefan next to Damon though at the end and be like "Ready, Brother?"

And
Tyler
is a fucking dick. I understand
she was going to die anyway, but I don't know if I could have done that to a loved one.

And jesus, someone kill Stefan's mom already and be done with it.

rrc1594

Rant Time

I think the reason my love for TVD died of a little, is because they slowly replace Damon as the MC instead of Stefan. Elena was the MC, but Stefan was also the MC.The show shitted on Stefan from season 4-5. We all knew that Elena and Damon would happen sometime in the show. To me when they did it, felt forced. I'm assuming Damon is more popular then Stefan in the fan base. Delana is my opinion ruined both Elena and Damon as a character. The other day my GF ask me how come I like Klaus so much, but dislike Damon. Since they both have those anti-hero characteristics. IMO Damon acts like a crybaby bitch; look at all those things Klaus did at the end of the season to kill Dahlia. He accept that you're going to hate him, but he never asks for your sympathy or forgiveness just to understand I need to do this get our goals done. Damon will do something wrong, then go to his pleases understand me I'm broken inside. I never like Damon, but season 1-4 he was entertaining at least.

Stefan and Bonnie are the best character on the show, because they are the least selfish. If I were Bonnie I would leave this guys since season 3. She died like 4 times for them.

The season finale was great, but I can't be excited for next season. Look at the end of the episode, Damon looking over Mystic Falls like he Batman.

TL:DR- Fuck Damon! Yeah I said it!

jwk94

Fuck this episode. It was REALLY REALLY good up until the Bonnie x Kai standoff. That had me hyped as fuck. Then she got tossed against the wall and I scoffed at them screwing her over again. Then the pieces started to click. Kai killed himself then got brought back with vamp blood. SO WHY THE HELL COULDN'T THEY DO THE SAME WITH BONNIE?! That's a HUGE HUGE HUGE plothole right there. Elena could have woke up and everything. They completely undermined the goodbyes and wasted time because she's not really dead. Elena will wake up by the end of the series in some touching "hello damon" moment and that'll be that. They should have just killed her off and been done with it.

Having said that, Jeremy better do some cameos next season and I'm excited to see what we do with this time skip. Did anybody count how many seasons went by?

Rant Time

I think the reason my love for TVD died of a little, is because they slowly replace Damon as the MC instead of Stefan. Elena was the the MC, but Stefan was also the MC.The show shitted on Stefan from season 4-5. We all known that Elena and Damon will happen sometime in the show. To me when they did it, felt forced. I'm assuming Damon is more popular then Stefan in the fanbase. Delana is my opinion ruined both Elena and Damon as a character. The other day my GF ask me how come I like Klaus so much, but dislike Damon. Since they both have that anti-hero characteristics. IMO Damon acts like a cry baby bitch, look at all those things Klaus did at the end of the season to kill Dahlia. He accept that you're going to hate him, but he never asks for your sympathy or forgiveness just to understand I need to do this get our goals done. Damon will do something wrong, then go to his pleases understand me I'm broken inside. I never like Damon, but season 1-4 he was entertaining at least.

Stefan and Bonnie are the best character on the show, because they the lest selfish. If I was Bonnie I would left this guys since season 3. She died like 4 times for them.

The season finale was great, but I can't be excited for next season. Look at the end of the episode, Damon looking over Mystic Falls like he Batman. The fact he is going to end up with Bonnie, brings a tear to my eye.

TL:DR- Fuck Damon! Yeah I said it!

Damon was always one of the MC of the show since day one .
And during the whole show he was the one that got shit done .
What Klaus did at end of this season damon did many times , the only difference is damon care about Elena.

jwk94

Bonnie proooobably doesn't want to vamp herself before she's had a chance to have kids.

True but not even addressing that choice on screen is beyond stupid. Also, they killed off Kai way too easily. He was the best character hands down and now he's gone.

Fuck this episode. It was REALLY REALLY good up until the Bonnie x Kai standoff. That had me hyped as fuck. Then she got tossed against the wall and I scoffed at them screwing her over again. Then the pieces started to click. Kai killed himself then got brought back with vamp blood. SO WHY THE HELL COULDN'T THEY DO THE SAME WITH BONNIE?! That's a HUGE HUGE HUGE plothole right there. Elena could have woke up and everything. They completely undermined the goodbyes and wasted time because she's not really dead. Elena will wake up by the end of the series in some touching "hello damon" moment and that'll be that. They should have just killed her off and been done with it.

Having said that, Jeremy better do some cameos next season and I'm excited to see what we do with this time skip. Did anybody count how many seasons went by?

Kai said if they look for any loop holes they would die .
And that is a very easy one to see plus for all we know Bonnie turning into a vampire would mean Elena sleeps forever .
Or they both die a short while afterwards .

kirblar

True but not even addressing that choice on screen is beyond stupid. Also, they killed off Kai way too easily. He was the best character hands down and now he's gone.
He got another gig.

There's easily an ending where he escapes, it just didn't get used.

rrc1594

Damon was always one of the MC of the show since day one .
And during the whole show he was the one that got shit done .
What Klaus did at end of this season damon did many times , the only difference is damon care about Elena.

I disagree with that from season 1-3 they show was mostly centered around Elena and Stefan.
I feel Bonnie is mostly the one who gets shit done
My point is that Damon needs sympathy and forgiveness for doing something worng

TripOpt55

Well I certainly never would have come up with that as how they'd write Elena out. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Obviously leaving the door open for her to come back in the series finale I guess. I do like the time skip at the end. I hope between Elena leaving and the jump ahead, TVD gets the shakeup it needs.

kirblar

Well I certainly never would have come up with that as how they'd write Elena out. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Obviously leaving the door open for her to come back in the series finale I guess. I do like the time skip at the end. I hope between Elena leaving and the jump ahead, TVD gets the shakeup it needs.
As bizarre as it was, Kai doing it to completely fuck Bonnie over actually let it work.

I disagree with that from season 1-3 they show was mostly centered around Elena and Stefan.
I feel Bonnie is mostly the one who gets shit done
My point is that Damon needs sympathy and forgiveness for doing something worng

You need to re watch the show , the romance was center around them early on.
Plot wise is it always center around Elena mostly but Damon always had big part in getting things done\ moving things forward.

As bizarre as it was, Kai doing it to completely fuck Bonnie over actually let it work.

And Damon which is also another reason why it was good since they became BFF .

EulaCapra

That was... interesting. I'll miss Jo more than anything else actually but alas, female recurring characters don't last long in this show. I'm surprised Liz lasted this long. And even Sheriff Forbes' time ticked.

Season Pass removed. Bye, Elena! You may be stuck in a coffin, but I'm free!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Time skip ? Didnt see that coming. It was a good finale all things considered - expecting Nina to be back for the final episodes of Season 10 or whenever the show is ending for the final scene heh.

Man sucks to be Alaric... :-/

Originals having a time skip would be Ace as well - Matured Witch leader Davina, older Hope could also mean more more possibilities...hmm.

Joni

Damn, that was a fantastic way to end the season and write out Elena. Had me crying a lot. And damn, that was a bloodbath: Kai, Liv, Jo dead. Elena gone. Tyler and Jeremy away.

The timeskip is very menacing. It makes it seem like Damon has something to do with it, but it is easy to guess the Gemini Vampire Witches are behind this.

Wonder how long the time skip going to be.
Looks like 2-3 years based on the seasons.

Time skip ? Didnt see that coming. It was a good finale all things considered - expecting Nina to be back for the final episodes of Season 10 or whenever the show is ending for the final scene heh.
Yeah, that is perfect.

That was... interesting. I'll miss Jo more than anything else actually but alas, female recurring characters don't last long in this show. I'm surprised Liz lasted this long. And even Sheriff Forbes' time ticked.
Sheriff Forbes is at least still involved, she writes The Originals.

That finale was fucking glorious. The Kai and Bonnie stand off had me screaming and then Damon comes in.....I lost my shit. The writing was brutal and fantastic.

I'm stoked for next season. Hopefully they keep it up with this because the show seriously needs it.

Also

I guess Elena isn't technically gone? She's kinda in a sleeping beauty kinda situation so I wonder if at some point they will bring her back since she isnt actually gone.

kirblar

That finale was fucking glorious. The Kai and Bonnie stand off had me screaming and then Damon comes in.....I lost my shit. The writing was brutal and fantastic.

I'm stoked for next season. Hopefully they keep it up with this because the show seriously needs it.

Also

I guess Elena isn't technically gone? She's kinda in a sleeping beauty kinda situation so I wonder if at some point they will bring her back since she isnt actually gone.
Dobrev and the producers have said she's up for appearing when the show is ending.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Really was a stellar ending to the show, very impressed they managed to bring it back
But holy fuck the alaric trying to commit and tyler killing liv were some of the darkest scenes this show has done
Might have to give it another watch to soak everything up

flyover

Next season is all about Alaric finally learning that, even though he's human again, he's the most powerful being in the universe. He can kill anyone, anywhere, just by falling in love with them. No villain will be safe.

Joni

I wonder why nobody thought of the small loophole of turning Bonnie into a vampire? They need a way to cover that. But that leaves room for a happy finale: Bonnie as a vampire is still there when Elena wakes up again. They just have one problem now: what if Kat wants out of the show?

I wonder why nobody thought of the small loophole of turning Bonnie into a vampire? They need a way to cover that. But that leaves room for a happy finale: Bonnie as a vampire is still there when Elena wakes up again. They just have one problem now: what if Kat wants out of the show?

Sure kai thought about that since he said don't look for loopholes .
I have a feeling that who ever is still alive at the end of show would be back.

kirblar

Sure kai thought about that since he said don't look for loopholes .
I have a feeling that who ever is still alive at the end of show would be back.
It's not really a loophole (hell, he does it himself during the episode) but Bonnie not wanting to vamp herself has been a known thing for a while.

So why couldn't Damon feed Bonnie vampire blood and kill her, get Elena back and still have Bonnie somewhat alive. I mean Damon would have done that given the reasoning. Thus breaking the spell. What am I missing?

Just finished the season, and I were a little bit disappointed by the finale. It was very solid no doubt, and there weren't anything wrong with it - but it just lacked that last kick to take it to another level. Sweet ending with Klaus and Hope, telling that story.
And they seriously gotta let the show WOLF out in Season 3. We need more wolves, not another war against Davina and the witches which we will probably get..

The big plots next season is probably gonna be Davina wanting to make an end to the Mikaelson family, and Rebekah trying to get the original Kol back, which Davina also wants.
I disagree. Danielle Campbell is someone you build a show around. And the Mikaelson family double crossing has gone in so many circles that it's lost all impact.

Faith

So why couldn't Damon feed Bonnie vampire blood and kill her, get Elena back and still have Bonnie somewhat alive. I mean Damon would have done that given the reasoning. Thus breaking the spell. What am I missing?
And why can a witch heal a werewolf bite? Lol.

Can someone explain to me how Elena was even communicating with everyone while in her deep sleep? Maybe that was explained and I just missed it? She's a human and she's linking minds with other humans such as Matt? Also: couldn't the characters just theoretically check in with her every once in a while by linking minds then?

Also

It's cool that you enjoyed it, but wow. I...just can't believe anyone could describe anything in this show as "fucking glorious". In my opinion (and other people I know who watch), the show has lost its quality in a huge way these last two years. At one time it was really quite good, now it's quite poor. Melodramatic, tons of rehashed storylines, diminished pacing, shoddy writing, etc. Just not in the same league as the top shows. I felt the finale was OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom