• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S8 |OT| It's the final countdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the show runners said if they had more time and Elena longer that she would have ended back up with Stefan, which would have been great since the show took a nose dive with Damon/Elena becoming a thing. I don't think I have ever rolled my eyes as hard as when they made Elena meet Damon first like 4 or 5 seasons in. Get out of here with that wack shit.

It was cool to see [spoilerUncle/Daddy/ John][/spoiler] again, forgot about him.

Nice to see Stefan in Friendzone heaven, come on.

Season 1-2 still the best

Pachimari

The best couple is totally Elena and Damon. God was Stefan a drag. At least he died so we won't have to see more of him in The Originals.

Now that the series have ended I think I would rank them:

1. Season 2
2. Season 3
3. Season 1
4. Season 7
5. Season 5
6. Season 6
7. Season 8
8. Season 4

I could probably switch them around based on my mood.

jwk94

One of the show runners said if they had more time and Elena longer that she would have ended back up with Stefan, which would have been great since the show took a nose dive with Damon/Elena becoming a thing. I don't think I have ever rolled my eyes as hard as when they made Elena meet Damon first like 4 or 5 seasons in. Get out of here with that wack shit.

It was cool to see [spoilerUncle/Daddy/ John][/spoiler] again, forgot about him.

Nice to see Stefan in Friendzone heaven, come on.

Season 1-2 still the best

Nothing wrong with that. Stefan and Lexi getting a happy ending is great.

Julie Plec said that she might have end back up with him but nothing was certain either way.
Not like it really matter since at one point of time both of them were going die and she would end up with matt .
The series ending was okay .

Sheroking

Julie Plec said that she might have end back up with him but nothing was certain either way.
Not like it really matter since at one point of time both of them were going die and she would end up with matt .

Most shows know better than the follow their original vision for a finale.

How I Met Your Mother has perhaps the most maligned finale of all time because it refused to adjust it's conclusion to how fans came to feel about characters and storylines. I think it's pretty important to know what you are and give people want they want from a finale, and not force feed them your artistic vision.

Particularly if you're a crappy teen soap on the CW or a laugh-track comedy on CBS.

so that whole dopple ganger, fated love thing was all bull shit?

Yes...?

The dopplegangers may exist as mirrors to Silas and Amara, and be drawn to each other as the original versions were, but the whole point of that in Season 5 - at least, how it related to Damon and Elena - was that Elena was more than just a reflection and was capable of making her own choices in love.

Pachimari

The Originals is so amazing. Wow! And damn at Davina in that lingerie. I love Davina and Kol, and I'm really sad about Hayley having to let go of Elijah. I think she will come back for him. Just 7 episodes left.

Joni

so that whole dopple ganger, fated love thing was all bull shit?
Yes. They made that clear when they handled Silas.
Even if it wasn't, Elena wasn't the one for Stefan. We have never seen the one that should have been there around Stefan time.

Joni

I'm watching The OC, really weird how Paul Wesley looks like in there. It will be strange seeing him in new stuff.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn that's it? I didn't know it was the last season. Super sad series finale. I can't believe that's it. Guess I'll binge The Originals next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom