• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S7 | The Originals S3 |OT| Everyone Has Mommy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Beyond happy that Originals has started kiling off some people
Could not stand Jackson, annoying dead weight
Not really sure what is coming in the next few episodes though. That felt a lot like a finale
Camile is serving Ripper but is that really going to be the main plot for the next three episodes?

TVD was good. Time loops/dream sequences usually infuriate me but I liked this one

Joni

The Originals came back very strong after a somewhat lackluster season. Jackson dead and Tristan hopefully cast away for good are excellent decisions, with hopefully some others to follow. I wouldn't mind building this up to a devastating conclusion that leaves only Klaus, Cami, Freya, Elijah and Haley alive. The death of Jackson is remarkable, as he was the last full werewolf on the cast.

TripOpt55

TVD was okay. I really enjoyed The Originals episode. This show has a lot of extraneous characters, so I think getting rid of Jackson is a plus. Hopefully the plot with Cami in the upcoming episodes will be interesting. It doesn't seem all that dissimilar from a bunch of things we have seen on these shows before, so I hope it brings its own uniqueness to the situation.

Rodin

"Each of us almost as strong as you."
Yeah sure, keep telling yourself that

I don't like how they kept trying - and failing - to make the Strix a credible menace, but it's finally over and aside from that laughable quote i'm happy that we finally got a great Originals episode. Klaus will be so pissed at Lucien lol

And damn, Cami was looking pretty hot at the end of the episode and in the new promo. She was always beautiful but i never realized how hot she was until now.

Will watch TVD later, hope that midseason twist lead to good stuff.

Losing Elena has breathed new life into the sshow.
Yup. The show still had a couple of bad episodes but overall it's been way more solid than pretty much anything post season 3.

Joni

It is indeed a problem that they haven't managed to show it. They are 700-1000 year old vampires, they should be that strong. At the same time, I think Elijah should have demonstrated his point by ripping out two or three hearts. Although, with Cami and Haley there, it wasn't that good of an idea.

Rodin

It is indeed a problem that they haven't managed to show it. They are 700-1000 year old vampires, they should be that strong. At the same time, I think Elijah should have demonstrated his point by ripping out two or three hearts. Although, with Cami and Haley there, it wasn't that good of an idea.
The Originals are stronger not only because they're older but also because they were directly affected by the dark spell that created vampirism. That's also why they can't be killed without the white oak, or why Aurora, Lucien and Tristan (or even Sage, which was more than 900 years old and an expert fighter) look like children compared to them. Maybe 40-50 strix should be able to keep up a fight, but since even Hayley and Jack murdered many of them they can't be taken seriously.

I agree that fighting there wasn't the best choice for that reason and i think the writers handled that scene pretty well.

That TVD episode was amazing. Holy shit.
Yes, it was easily one of the best episodes (if not the best) post season 3. At some point all i could think about was "heeeeat of the moooooment" rotfl

Joni

They killed
Elena
... I was thinking this was a good normal episode, with some good jokes like the dating site and with good development on what Stefan and Damon both need. With also some development on Matt, with him being a very good cop on drunk driving and texting. They killed her, that was amazing.
I don't know if it will stick, but that will hurt Damon

Pachimari

I'm super behind on these shows now, I feel guilty. I need to watch 2 episodes of TVD, and 6 episodes of Originals to be caught up again. Guess I'm gonna spend time on it today and tomorrow.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
They killed
Elena
... I was thinking this was a good normal episode, with some good jokes like the dating site and with good development on what Stefan and Damon both need. With also some development on Matt, with him being a very good cop on drunk driving and texting. They killed her, that was amazing.
I don't know if it will stick, but that will hurt Damon

when the season began wasn't he next to her inside a casket waiting till she woke up 3 years from now?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
They should have just killed Elena instead of doing this sleeping beauty thing we are halfway thru the season and the story sort of still revolves around her

Toki767

They couldn't have killed off Elena considering in the future when Stefan wakes up Damon, Damon tells him that he said to not wake him up until Elena does.

I do wonder if The Vampire Diaries does a 3 year time skip, whether that means The Originals does as well.

Joni

They couldn't have killed off Elena considering in the future when Stefan wakes up Damon, Damon tells him that he said to not wake him up until Elena does.
They will at least pretend. Or they will retcon it.

I do wonder if The Vampire Diaries does a 3 year time skip, whether that means The Originals does as well.
That could be a way to get rid off the baby too.

They should have just killed Elena instead of doing this sleeping beauty thing we are halfway thru the season and the story sort of still revolves around her
That is simply not the case, only Damon still thinks about her and even he does it limited.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wow. That TVD episode was once again amazing. They are really on a tear with this season.

The bond between Damon and Stefan is the centerpiece of the show and hats what makes this awesome. The Matt development was much appreciated and they are setting this up to be super interesting going forward.

Julian's actor is on point. Dude is hilariously devious.

The Originals episode, on the other hand, was ridiculously stupid. They have way too many characters floating around, I'm tired of cameos from "original Originals" (referring to the actors) because they're the best at being the originals yet they never stay around. Marcel has lost purpose. Aurora is where? Lucien is doing what?

Camille becoming 'evil' is fine, but not to this extent. It's ridiculous to think that Cami is a 2 day old vampire and is out smarting two original vampires and a hybrid. And I'm really supposed to believe that she's a
threat with the newly discovered weapon?
Please. Compell the chick and have her give you the shit back.

VeeP

Wow. That TVD episode was once again amazing. They are really on a tear with this season.

The bond between Damon and Stefan is the centerpiece of the show and hats what makes this awesome. The Matt development was much appreciated and they are setting this up to be super interesting going forward.

Julian's actor is on point. Dude is hilariously devious.

The Originals episode, on the other hand, was ridiculously stupid. They have way too many characters floating around, I'm tired of cameos from "original Originals" (referring to the actors) because they're the best at being the originals yet they never stay around. Marcel has lost purpose. Aurora is where? Lucien is doing what?

Camille becoming 'evil' is fine, but not to this extent. It's ridiculous to think that Cami is a 2 day old vampire and is out smarting two original vampires and a hybrid. And I'm really supposed to believe that she's a
threat with the newly discovered weapon?
Please. Compell the chick and have her give you the shit back.

Seriously. She's a baby vampire. Klaus has fought off originals like his dad who had a white oak stake, Alaric, etc.

Joni

I think they are more scared about who she gives it to. But Klaus is under her spell. But that is nothing new, he is a fool when in love.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Having to laugh at the originals right now
'going to walk into this pool fully clothed but let m take off my cardigan real quick because I don't want to get that wet'

Cammie is a bit of a cunt now isnt she

kirblar

Very happy VD actually offed Julian.

S4-6 would have dragged that out even longer, and the last thing we needed was bootleg Klaus hogging more screentime.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That VD episode was nice. Unlike in Originals, the writers are not afraid to kill off characters.

The Damond and Stefan moments are awesome. And they are really making an intriguing plot. Also: Matt relevance!

I'll watch Originals sometime this weekend...

Matt_

Thank god for killing off Julian
he was such a wanker

Joni

I hope Julie Plec keeps him around for her next project, like she did with Claudia Black and Chris Wood.

Joni

You aren't a very good hunter if you have to leave behind 5 vampires because you have to kill a specific one first

finowns

The f-ing Originals.. smh at everyone. This show has me annoyed for 45 minutes.

Also, I like the other actor that played Kol he's better.

Matt_

this isnt the same hunter thing that jeremy was is it?

Matt_

Her dad was, she isn't. She got turned into something stronger. She can over power vampires, is immune to magic and is practically immortal.

always gotta have a bigger badder villain
I'm guessing she will have a limited amount of lives dependent on how many people sacrificed themselves for her

Caroline heading to New Orleans, we gonna get a crossover finally

edit;
watching the originals now and this is daft
Klaus has super hearing and the coffins arent buried that deep he'd be able to hear freya straight away

Joni

always gotta have a bigger badder villain
I'm guessing she will have a limited amount of lives dependent on how many people sacrificed themselves for her
of course, always a need for bigger and better. The brotherhood of the five are really easy to take out. She looked like she had enough for 10-15 lives. And I wonder if she loses one when she is wounded hard enough.

Rodin

Holy shit, Caroline is visiting a friend in New Orleans to introduce him to Rayna 😂

Btw, she's hot as fuck and i like her background, which contributed to another great episode. The scene with Ric finally holding his babies was touching. And of course Stefan is the one getting fucked again in all this.

Now i'm watching the originals, hope it's just as good

EDIT: aaand nope. It was shit again, but at least today i realized that sadly until they kill Aya the show will always be crap. Easily one of the least likeable characters ever and i'm actually very surprised the Mikaelsons didn't kill her yet.

The authors really seem to love nerfing Freya, as they keep doing it episode after episode. Well at least she was even more ridiculously gorgeous than usual in this episode, which is no small feat for sure

You aren't a very good hunter if you have to leave behind 5 vampires because you have to kill a specific one first
Yeah i agree with this, also poor Stefan didn't do anything to her

Joni

"There hasn't been an unsired vampire in a thousand years outside of Haley"
"The only unsired vampire in history."
Well, if you don't count Alaric, or Silas and Amara. The fact that Jackson counts and they don't think of them.
Also just kill Aurora. You only had twenty chances.

finowns

VD was alright. Is the crossover happening 3 years in the future? Are the Originals going to time skip too, it definitely needs one.

Joni

VD was alright. Is the crossover happening 3 years in the future? Are the Originals going to time skip too, it definitely needs one.

It is going to happen 'now', Stefan
flees to New Orleans to get the new vampire hunter away from Caroline and the Heretics.

Dynasty

"There hasn't been an unsired vampire in a thousand years outside of Haley"
"The only unsired vampire in history."
Well, if you don't count Alaric, or Silas and Amara. The fact that Jackson counts and they don't think of them.
Also just kill Aurora. You only had twenty chances.

Silas and Amara aren't really vampires.

Pachimari

I'm so behind on these shows now it's amazing. 6 episodes behind with The Originals and 3 episodes with TVD ugh. I haven't been this far behind since Season 3 started, and I had to get caught up with the first two seasons on Bluray. I think it's because I associate these shows (The Flash and Arrow too) with my ex-girlfriend and I get the feels when I'm watching them. Hopefully I can distance myself from that, and get caught up on all the shows next week.

TripOpt55

I found the flashforwards intriguing at the start of this season, but now they are sort of just taking the drama out of some of the current day scenarios. Looking forward to seeing more of the new hunter girl.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was starting to get a little bored of TVD but this season has been great, whereas I feel The Originals has slipped, Klaus isn't the God he once was which is a shame, the old Klaus would have ripped her in half without blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom