• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S7 | The Originals S3 |OT| Everyone Has Mommy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodin

The Originals was pretty terrible, Freya getting almost killed by an inferior vampire with a freaking knife (remember how she couldn't kill herself to escape from Dahlia because her aunt made her immortal and invulnerable?) reminded of Once Upon a Time season 2 and fucking tasers, who watched that show knows what i'm talking about. It's also the second time she gets wrecked by an obviously inferior enemy and it's really starting to annoy me. She's supposed to be pretty fucking powerful, so dear writers please stop making her look like a fool every week and start showing her kicking some asses. I don't know, sometimes it feels like she's there only because her brothers need some magic juju to track something or someone and for the eye candy, but she deserves so much more.

Elijah getting stabbed in the back by Marcel was almost as ridiculous considering how he destroyed hundreds of vampires last season without even trying, but then again Stefan and Damon did the same thing to him once in TVD S2 so i'll let this pass. Aside from these obvious flaws the episode was pretty boring, this prophecy shit needs to end asap. I'm almost scared of seeing the flaw that will cause Nik's fall.

I started TVD but it's 3.20 am here so i'll finish the episode tomorrow.

Joni

The problem is the Trix are supposed to be real old so it makes sense they can inflict that damage in numbers. They just haven't earned looking that powerful. Especially because they are bodied so easily at other times. Maybe the Trix should throw hundreds young vampires at them. Overwhelm in numbers and sneak in for the kill hiding along them.

Rodin

The problem is the Trix are supposed to be real old so it makes sense they can inflict that damage in numbers. They just haven't earned looking that powerful. Especially because they are bodied so easily at other times. Maybe the Trix should throw hundreds young vampires at them. Overwhelm in numbers and sneak in for the kill hiding along them.

Eh not really, because only a few episodes ago Rebekah (which is slightly weaker than Elijah) murdered all those Strix who came after her while beating the crap out of the bitch, and despite being "asleep"/not eating for 6 months. Now roughly the same number was able to distract Elijah enough to allow Marcel (a child compared to an Original) to stab him in the back, while the bitch almost killed Freya 1vs1 in a few seconds (with a weapon that couldn't kill her).

Which brings us to my main problem with this prophecy storyline: it's obvious that the authors don't know how to create an enemy that really feels like a proper threat to the Originals.They came up with this prophecy stuff and they're trying to sell it, but it doesn't work because the enemies are obviously a lot weaker than the protagonists. In season 2 it was very different, because the first enemies they introduced were Mikael, Finn and Esther, three entities that were at least as powerful (and smart) as them (in fact we know Mikael is stronger and Esther is the most powerful witch in history after her sister). Then they introduced an enemy that was even more powerful (Dahlia), and Freya, which was implied to be strongerl than at least one of the previous enemies (Finn). In that scenario, every episode felt like some shit could happen because the enemies had enough strenght and "knowledge" to make it happen. Now it feels that the danger comes from forcing the storyline, like Elijah being overwhelmed and Freya looking like some 25 years old girl caught up in something bigger than her, and i don't like it. Which is why i really hope this prophecy stuff only lasts for a few more episodes, and that they'll move on to something better in the second half of the season.

IMHO they should have handled the finale in a more similar way to TVD 2: Klaus should have left New Orleans with Dahlia and Hope, so that they could use Dahlia for season 3 and expand on a character that already worked and had a lot more to say.

EDIT: just watched tvd. What was that thing with Matt and Enzo? Is this Buffy season 4? Ugh.

Lily's twist was just terrible.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I thought they were the "Stricts"??? Damn, I've been hearing it wrong. Whatever, Originals is so annoying now. Klaus and Elijah don't catch bodies anymore. They're just annoying as fuck. All talk.

The show has way too many characters that should've just died a while ago.

TVD was good. Not the best of the season but still solid.

rrc1594

I'm sorry Caroline and Alaric is creepy as hell to me. I'm not really feeling this season that much. Maybe when I know the end game, but I never been a fan of shows that center around knowing what happens in the future and going back a forth between the past.

Joni

It is apparantly the Strix, not the Trix which is the Winx Club enemy.
While looking that up, I'm kinda amazed Tristan, Aurora and Lucien are The Trinity because they are the first vampire turned by Klaus, Rebeccah and Elijah. The first vampire turned by Kole and Finn don't count, or what? At least Sage

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It is apparantly the Strix, not the Trix which is the Winx Club enemy.
While looking that up, I'm kinda amazed Tristan, Aurora and Lucien are The Trinity because they are the first vampire turned by Klaus, Rebeccah and Elijah. The first vampire turned by Kole and Finn don't count, or what? At least Sage

yeah Strix means Owl actually. I like the name :D

omg Caroline at the whole pregnancy prep class..lol.

VD: unsatisfying episode

Originals: Tell me I didn't miss christmas. YEAH. Originals was awesome. a lot of fun. and holy shit that ending. HOLY SHIT.

Joni

Oh "That was you sane."
And The Originals, damn it, that is not the character death I wanted. Anyone but her. Wanted Klaus and her to be happy.

Rodin

Lol at Freya getting wrecked again by two random strix guys, destroyed in a few seconds by... JACK. I think i'll finish this episode and then i'm done with The Originals.

finowns

Lol at Freya getting wrecked again by two random strix guys, destroyed in a few seconds by... JACK. I think i'll finish this episode and then i'm done with The Originals.

Freya went from super witch to just getting slapped around. SMH. Rebekah is awesome like always. That uppercut!

Rodin

So now people can enter Klaus' home, steal things and slit throats right next to him.

And of course Flinn would help Tristan! Lol. He hates his family, yes, but not as much as he hates all the "abominations" called VAMPIRES. So why exactly would he go against Vincent and the witches to help a vampire? It's like the authors don't even "know" the characters they wrote themselves. They definitely aren't ceasing to amaze with the trash they're coming up with during this season.

Freya went from super witch to just getting slapped around. SMH. Rebekah is awesome like always. That uppercut!
I understand they had to nerf her because she was too damn powerful last season, but they could've find some plot related reason to do that, and most of all they didn't have to go this far by making her look like a little girl. She should still be extremely powerful.

But yes, Rebekah is always amazing. I just wish she used that rage against the Strix bitch for revenge. And of course that she'd be around more often.

Anyway, is Leah Pipes busy with something else or did she say she wanted to leave the show for some reason? Because that twist just didn't make any sense.

Rodin

I'm wondering if she didnt slit her own throat as some failsafe by aurora.

You mean like Aurora compelled her to kill herself if she ever slept with Klaus? Knowing her it's a possibility i guess. Still wouldn't really make sense that a 1000 years old vampire/werewolf wouldn't hear anything.

Anyway, just watched TVD. Pretty slow episode, and that twist in the end was pretty cheap. I hope this situation doesn't last too long.

Joni

You mean like Aurora compelled her to kill herself if she ever slept with Klaus? Knowing her it's a possibility i guess. Still wouldn't really make sense that a 1000 years old vampire/werewolf wouldn't hear anything.

Anyway, just watched TVD. Pretty slow episode, and that twist in the end was pretty cheap. I hope this situation doesn't last too long.
It is not like weer have ever seen them have super hearing when sleeping.

Joni

It might not be that good anymore, but somewhere from the moment Kai started wreaking havoc, it was great again. Tighter writing, better villains, more emotional storylines.

Amazing? Shit is miles away from mid season 1 to 3 quality wise.

Yes but it's so much better than seasons 4, 5, 6. It was so bad I had to force myself to watch.

It might not be that good anymore, but somewhere from the moment Kai started wreaking havoc, it was great again. Tighter writing, better villains, more emotional storylines.

No Elena and Elena's brother.

I also think Caroline needs to go.

Pachimari

At this point I wouldn't mind if Caroline and Bonnie left. Anyway, this season is better than 4, 5 and 6, and that's all I'm asking for.

How's the ratings this season? Are there good chances for an 8th season?

Joni

I need Caroline with stefan and Bonnie with Damon to be the end. But more focus away from them should work.

At this point I wouldn't mind if Caroline and Bonnie left. Anyway, this season is better than 4, 5 and 6, and that's all I'm asking for.

How's the ratings this season? Are there good chances for an 8th season?
Bad-ish for a warner show on the CW. Still great dvr numbers and lots of international sales. If the move to Friday goes well I expect another full season. Otherwise they will give it a shortened final season most likely. Who knows maybe they bring it back together with the originals.

TheDanger

Banned
I feel like Kai certainly came close, maybe surpassed them by dying. I also very much like Julian, but that is thanks to Todd.

Kai was interesting, but he had nothing on The Originals. Elijah and Niklaus are seriously some of the best characters ever.

funkypie

Banned
Very weird how I got into this show. When it came out it looked like some twilight tv show garbage and to be fair the first half of series one is sort of twilight.

Anyway I saw the originals advertised on syfi channel and thought it looked interesting without realising it was a tvd spin off. So I watched the originals and on the mid season break binged watched vampire diaries.

Is abit of a teen show shit and the shitty music it plays when two characters are flirting is unbearable but overall great show.

I fucking hate deamon, nothing redeemable about this wannabe anti hero. Just a dick for no reason but to be a dick. On series 6 now and feel like stefan has been massively taken a backseat for this douche when stefan is an awesome character. Even deamons constant jokes and quips are irritating.

the whole love triangle thing as well felt forced as hell, I know again was going to happen, that twlight crowd.

Joni

The Vampire Diaries actually predates Twilight.
Edit: they also have no problems with each other. Damon is married to a vampire from Twilight.

Joni

The One and Done™;191089559 said:
What happened to the main chick?
Her contract was up and she thought she was ready for bigger Hollywood projects, which are difficult to combine with Vampire Diaries which is taped in the middle of nowhere. She also didn't exactly see eye to eye with Ian Somerhalder anymore, which was problematic considering the huge amount of scenes they had together.

Her contract was up and she thought she was ready for bigger Hollywood projects, which are difficult to combine with Vampire Diaries which is taped in the middle of nowhere. She also didn't exactly see eye to eye with Ian Somerhalder anymore, which was problematic considering the huge amount of scenes they had together.

What? Really? I don't see how they can continue the show with the main character gone

jwk94

The One and Done™;191089820 said:
What? Really? I don't see how they can continue the show with the main character gone

It's better off without Elena. Her exit gave the show a new lease on life.

Joni

The One and Done™;191089820 said:
They still have two main characters left, with Elena leaving being a breath of fresh air for the story. It is actually what we were wishing for last year. It forces them to change up the story.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Has she even gotten any roles?

I bounced off this season of both TVD and Originals really hard. Especially TVD---introducing a bunch of new characters I don't care about rarely works very well, especially when they're kinda boring.

I know people were mixed on Kai but he at least was a very forceful personality.

Joni

Question: Any chance we’ll see Elena back on The Vampire Diaries this season? —Ashley
Ausiello: Not if we’re lucky, Ashley. According to executive producer Julie Plec, the hope is still to bring Nina Dobrev’s character back for the end of the series, so “unless something catastrophic happens” (Plec’s words) and this ends up becoming the final season, don’t expect to see Ms. Gilbert in 2016. “I basically committed to Ian [Somerhalder] and Paul [Wesley] that when they’re ready to be done, I’ll be done,” she adds. “They could be ready very soon, or they could really want to stick it out. Right now, that’s up to them. I’m with them as long as I feel like I can keep telling stories for them.” That said, “there is still a chapter of [Elena’s] story left to be told,” so Plec says she’ll “take [Dobrev] for whatever she’s willing to do to tell that story.”
http://tvline.com/2016/01/22/greys-anatomy-owens-sister-nathan-riggs-transgender-season-12/

kirblar

www.ew.com/article/2016/01/25/fox-pilot-recon-vampire-diaries-julie-plec
Julie Plec and Caroline Dries have landed work outside of The CW.

Fox has ordered a pilot from the The Vampire Diaries duo. Recon, a one-hour drama, will follow a rookie FBI agent who plants herself in a suspected terrorist family. Dries will write the pilot and executive produce alongside Plec and fellow TVD executive Kevin Williamson.
This makes me think at least one of the two shows isn't making it another season.

Joni

That seems bad news for The Vampire Diaries. Julie Plec can theoretically handle multiple shows at the same time, she is doing three now with Vampire Diaries, Originals and Containment/The Tomorrow People in the past. Dries however only did Vampire Diaries.

Somnia

Please remember this airs on Friday's now here so please avoid spoilers till Friday night if possible :(

(not that you guys spoiled just stating)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom