• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S3 |OT| Whet Your Appetite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

Lots of new shows and returning shows coming up that I am excited about. This is my most anticipated though, 2 years ago I would have never thought that. Really glad I gave this show a chance, wish more would.

Somnia

So to offset all the Damon love I thought I'd post this as a reminder on another reason to watch this show.

dobrevpillow_zps47859e2a.gif

iammeiam

<3 Nina Dobrev.

Anyway, they're gonna find a way to bring Alaric back sometime this season, right? Right? ._.

The actor was cast in the new CW series "Cult", which I think is a lot of the reason they wrote him out in the first place. Which rumor has it is bad enough to bomb. But, CW being CW, it could stick around all season leaving Alaric unavailable.

Windam

Scaley member
The actor was cast in the new CW series "Cult", which I think is a lot of the reason they wrote him out in the first place. Which rumor has it is bad enough to bomb. But, CW being CW, it could stick around all season leaving Alaric unavailable.

Alaric was my favourite human (after Elena, of course :p) character/favourite character along with Damon and Katherine. I hope he can at least pop in here and there.

Doesn't piss me off as much as when they offed Jenna just should keep the broad of the week on Supernatural.

Pachimari

Recently finished Season 2 on Blu-ray and while I loved Season 1 more, this Vampire Diaries stuff is my absolute favorite. Got Season 3 on Blu-ray this week as well and is gonna watch that, I have high expectations.

Do we expect a lot of seasons? I know it all depends on the viewers but couldn't there in reality be 7 seasons, when there's 7 books?

Diablos54

Do we expect a lot of seasons? I know it all depends on the viewers but couldn't there in reality be 7 seasons, when there's 7 books?
The books are very different, some apart from the main details and maybe some names. From what we've heard, they have some sort of six season plan, hopefully that's true because it's a nice number. Plus it means that
Elena turning
is the half way point, which I find kinda cool.

TripOpt55

You know what I absolutely loved. It was in the second to last episode I think. When they were all talking about whether to take Elijah up on his deal and Damon was just there over the phone and kept saying no and stuff like that... haha. That cracked me up.

Pachimari

The books are very different, some apart from the main details and maybe some names. From what we've heard, they have some sort of six season plan, hopefully that's true because it's a nice number. Plus it means that Elena turning is the half way point, which I find kinda cool.
Thanks. I actually think there's a little spoiler in your description as I have only watched the first 2 seasons but no worries. :)

When will the Season 4 thread be up?

Pachimari

Yup, I didn't blame him and I keep away from the tv threads until I have seen the seasons, though this felt like the most appropriate thread to ask in hehe. :)

Pachimari

Just finished Season 3.
OH MY... Greatest TV Show ever. Period.

By the way, I don't like Rebekah much, may be with me not finding her attractive though lol, nah I'm not much into her character.
I'll miss Alaric but I'm fine with Jeremy. I actually think Matt were better in Season 3 than the two prior seasons, less annoying.

Not much for Klaus taking over Tyler either. Though, the Council being on the hunt will be extremely interesting.

I read this thread through, hopefully more will participate next season.

I'm all aboard Season 4. Who's making the thread?
And do the same rules apply, can only be posted 1 week before the premiere?

Somnia

No idea on who is making the thread, but ya you have to wait till its 1 week out.

I hope we get more participation, but im positive most of GAF ignores us when we say good things about this show.

mike23

Gah...do I watch it now or wait till next week?

You're a brave person. I wouldn't touch one of those with a 20ft pole. With my luck, the postman would open it, upload it to the internet, then repackage it and give it to me. The CW would see the video and identify the watermarks as mine. Then a few days later the FBI would break down my door and beat me half to death for copyright infringement and then haul me in so I can be sued into oblivion.

Pachimari

Watch it and share impressions. :)

By the way, we should get an OP up, who's doing it? I would do one today if I had Photoshop installed on my MacBook.

Pachimari

What should the title be for Season 4?

My attempt at an OT, should I go ahead and do it?:

Next Episode
Episode 01: October 11 2012

Upcoming Episodes
Episode 02: October 18 2012
Episode 03: October 25 2012
Episode 04: November 01 2012
Episode 05: November 08 2012
Episode 06: November 15 2012
Episode 07: November 22 2012

nARzal.jpg

Season Four begins with the knowledge that everything is in transition. Elena faces her worst nightmare when she awakens after the accident and finds she must now endure the terrifying transition to become a vampire &#8211; or face certain death. Stefan and Damon are torn even further apart over how to help Elena adjust to a life she never wanted, and everyone has to cope with the chaos Alaric created when he outed the vampires and their supporters to the Mystic Falls Council and local church leaders. Despite everything that has happened to them, as Elena and her friends enter into the final stretch of high school before graduation sends them off on different paths, they feel the bond to their home town of Mystic Falls take on a deeper meaning when a new mysterious villain is introduced who seems intent on destroying it.

Writer:
Julie Plec

Cast:
Nina Dobrev -> Elena Gilbert / Katherine Pierce
Paul Wesley -> Stefan Salvatore
Ian Sommerhalder -> Damon Salvatore
Katerina Graham -> Bonnie Bennett
Candice Accola -> Caroline Forbes
Zach Roerig -> Matt Donovan
Steven R. McQueen -> Jeremy Gilbert
Michael Trevino -> Tyler Lockwood
Joseph Morgan -> Niklaus Mikaelson

Catch Up
Episode 01: Title
Episode 02: Title
Episode 03: Title
Episode 04: Title
Episode 05: Title
Episode 06: Title
Episode 07: Title
Episode 08: Title

Viewer Numbers
Episode 01: 3.000.000 (*2.500.000)
Episode 02: 3.125.125 (*2.855.203)

*Star being the viewer numbers of the same episode of Season 3.

Media
*Click to watch videos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can post the OT today but we need a title..

Pachimari

Great titles.

Wasn't there a thread where one could sign up to do OT's? I just want to make sure nobody else already stated they would do it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What does fucking twilight have to do with tvd ?
It's poking fun at the fact that people associate this with twilight & at Twilight fans (i doubt there are any on GAF, but yeah). Us that do watch TVD all know that it's nothing like Twilight, and that's what's good about the title. It's 4 seasons in now, anyone who isn't on the upkeep of the greatness of TVD probably won't be pulled in by a random series nor turned off either way.

If anything, they'll look and say "what's that title about...I've heard this somewhere." But must know by how we talk that it's nothing like Twilight.

Diablos54

What does fucking twilight have to do with tvd ?
Nothing, that's the point. :p

Just started Season 2, it starts off a lot quicker than Season 1 did.
Katherine's return, Lockwood werewolf, Damon becoming super jackass Damon (The best Damon) and Caroline turning.
It's been fun.

Pachimari

Are we going for:

"Of not being anything like Twilight"

Or

"We're the same temperature now"

?

I'll count the votes by tomorrow (in around 10-20 hours.)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
"Of not being anything like Twilight" is too obvious for me is all. Not to mention putting Twilight in the title is giving it too much credit. TVD is too superior for us to even namedrop it.

I always liked that thread titles are inside jokes that only people who participate in the thread would get. We all know it shits on Twilight, and only we know that
Elena is the 'same temperature'

TripOpt55

"Of not being anything like Twilight" is too obvious for me is all. Not to mention putting Twilight in the title is giving it too much credit. TVD is too superior for us to even namedrop it.

I always liked that thread titles are inside jokes that only people who participate in the thread would get. We all know it shits on Twilight, and only we know that
Elena is the 'same temperature'
You make a good point, but as someone who doesn't watch Twilight I don't know the same temperature joke either. Maybe it should be neither. Better to have the title not be Twilight related at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom