• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S3 |OT| Whet Your Appetite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
yeah remember when Klaus possessed Alaric early on, I am guessing its the same thing with Tyler just being suppressed inside his own body

but this way they can continue the Klaus and Caroline love story

JerkShep

I wanted Alaric as the main villain of season 4 :( whatever, at least Elijah survived. I'm not too fond of Klaus in Tyler's body, but usually storylines like this one are resolved very quickly in TVD. Can't wait to see vampire Elena next season.

Kyoufu

Another amazing episode.

So I'm guessing they finally pulled the trigger...

Damn... So good...

Also, Damon FTW. He really trumps Stephan in every way.

Clevinger

Alaric dies, and Jeremy keeps sucking the life out of every scene. There's no justice in this world.

And Elena choosing squareface - bleh.

Kyoufu

Alaric dies, and Jeremy keeps sucking the life out of every scene. There's no justice in this world.

The scene at the end though where Damon meets Elena for the first time and then compels her... damn it! She would have fallen for him first.

Wiktor

Damon was a riot in this episode. "You know what's also her call? Everything bad... ever" :D
And the serious scene with Elijah broken by Damon's squeeky voice from phone :D

Wiktor

The scene at the end though where Damon meets Elena for the first time and then compels her... damn it! She would have fallen for him first.

Now she will remember that, same with his first confession. Of course, it's done to rekindle the triangle, but it was done in very nice way that will change the dynamic considerably, so they can avoid recycling the same material.

Raistlin

I think you're missing the importance of the reveal at the end. Prior to it she mentioned how maybe things would be different if they met first. They did, and he was the complete opposite of a dick.

The thing is, they set up this out long ago. In this world Vampires do not actually erase your memory. They simply block it. Way back when it was revealed that if you become a Vampire, all those blocks go away. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I find it somewhat flimsy, but it certainly opens up the possibility of continuing the triangle. IMO that brief meeting should not be enough to turn this back to an equilateral triangle ... but I think it's fairly obviously they plan to use this as an opening to at least plant doubt in the 'decision'. Moreover, she mentioned that part of the decision was based on 'the now'. Unlike them, she doesn't have forever and has to make her decisions as a human. Now though the entire dynamic has changed. I think that particular (seemingly offhanded) statement more than anything opens this up, and makes it suddenly become a lot less flimsy.

Whether anyone would consider that to be enough for them ... I think the intent is clear.

Damon was a riot in this episode. "You know what's also her call? Everything bad... ever" :D
And the serious scene with Elijah broken by Damon's squeeky voice from phone :D

Damon is a riot all the time. Ian Somerhalder performs the cocky douche with a heart of gold role very well.

this guy

What a crazy finale! So much content, as usual. In one episode I went from wondering what they'll have left to do in season 4, to realizing that there's a whole slew of new material on the way. It sucks about Alaric though. He was one of my favorite characters. I hope Jeremy doesn't follow in evil Alaric's footsteps either. He's another one of my favorite characters (laugh if you want), and it would be a shame for him to continue down his current path, I think.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Another amazing episode.

So I'm guessing they finally pulled the trigger...

Damn... So good...

I like Stefan better because Damon can be extremely controlling! That's the only thing I don't like about Damon.

I am going to miss Alaric. :(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm still quite surprised by how good that finale was.
He's another one of my favorite characters (laugh if you want), and it would be a shame for him to continue down his current path, I think.
No laughing necessary. Jeremy is an awesome character for multiple reasons. He fits the "younger brother" role perfectly in the context of this world. I'd be annoyed as FUCK if my sister was carrying on with this shit to.

And now that Elena is what she is...combined with Alaric being gone. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some big Jeremy Character development next season.

Flash

wow!

Nice ending.

Also, I'm very curious over this whole tyler/klaus thingy...

I kind of hope they don't revisit that for a while. Save the originals for another time. Especially now that Elena's blood is of no use to Klaus, so he doesn't really have any reason to be in mystic falls.

finowns

Did the doctor use Damon's blood on Elena?

I'm hoping Elena stays with Stefan. Damon has to suffer, it makes him a better character.

Caelestis

I really enjoyed the ending as well. I am glad they finally turned Elena as I was getting tired from watching her be the thing that everyone constantly needed for something. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd bring in a third doppelganger sometime later into the picture, though.

TheDanger

Banned
Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the finale, but there are a few things which don't make sense to me.

First of all Damon, he wasn't even near that nice at that time and he first thought it was Katherine he wouldn't just believe her immediately after she said that her name is Elena. He didn't know anything about the existence of a Doppelgänger.

I don't really get the thing with Klaus, did he switch bodies with Tyler that would mean that Tyler is dead, I assume that stake would kill a regular hybrid too. Or did he just use his body like with Alaric in season 2.

And Stefan is a fucking vampire vampire he could have easily pulled out Elena and her parents at the same time, same with Matt.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the finale, but there are a few things which don't make sense to me.

First of all Damon, he wasn't even near that nice at that time and he first thought it was Katherine he wouldn't just believe her immediately after she said that her name is Elena. He didn't know anything about the existence of a Doppelgänger.

I don't really get the thing with Klaus, did he switch bodies with Tyler that would mean that Tyler is dead, I assume that stake would kill a regular hybrid too. Or did he just use his body like with Alaric in season 2.

And Stefan is a fucking vampire vampire he could have easily pulled out Elena and her parents at the same time, same with Matt.
We don't know much about Damon at the time of what happened in the Flashback. He was apparently on the ground or some shit so it's possible he was tripping balls during that scene anyway. All we know is that Damon is someone who is constantly on a rollercoaster of emotions when it comes to love. We also know that he was in love with Katherine, he saw Elena, and he has a soft spot in his heart, so it makes sense that he would kind of be like "hmmm...what?"

Klaus is using Tyler's body similar to the way he used Alaric's in Season 2. Similar to how Esther used Rebecca's body.

We all know that water slows down movements considerably. I'm not using this as an excuse, but it's not completely farfetched that he could only save one person in time.

Amazing season finale. Finally caught up to this after a long time. It's about time they turned Elena, I was getting tired of her being the key to everything. Only down side is it means Caroline is kind of expendable now. :/ They kill Caroline I will be pissed.

We all know that water slows down movements considerably. I'm not using this as an excuse, but it's not completely farfetched that he could only save one person in time.

I thought the same thing. Kind of lame, but I can forgive it.

What an ending. This show has some of the best damn writing and pacing in any show on tv ever, it really should be looked at by everyone in Hollywood doing tv at this point.

Can't wait for the next season, obviously Elena will complete the change, but she did say earlier this year she did not want to be a vampire.
YES YES YES

I did not realize that was Nina doing that flexibility exhibition on Conan. I am not worthy. Goddam.

iKM2MidA3o7XR.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I swear every single female that has shown up in Vampire Diaries is an 8.5 at the WORST.

When we got a Jenna sighting...HNNNNNNGGGG

Raistlin

I swear every single female that has shown up in Vampire Diaries is an 8.5 at the WORST.

When we got a Jenna sighting...HNNNNNNGGGG
Speaking of which ... they need to bring back Anna. I don't care how contrived the explanation would need to be.

tumblr_likr873X8c1qf4ubn.gif

Raistlin

∀ Narayan;37845257 said:
So... what's this show like? Is it like World of Darkness at all? World of Darkness is sweet.
Haven't seen that, but I think it's worth giving a shot. You can catch up on Netflix, etc and see if it's worth it.

Just be forewarned the first several eps are a bit Twilight-eque (with less shitty acting). After that though, it really gets its footing. It's bloody good fun.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
∀ Narayan;37845257 said:
So... what's this show like? Is it like World of Darkness at all? World of Darkness is sweet.

Give it a try, dont attempt to learn anything about it because its 3 seasons in and you will get spoiled badly

Haven't seen that, but I think it's worth giving a shot. You can catch up on Netflix, etc and see if it's worth it.

Just be forewarned the first several eps are a bit Twilight-eque (with less shitty acting). After that though, it really gets its footing. It's bloody good fun.

Well, World of Darkness is a tabletop RPG. I don't play it, but I know quite a bit about it. Two WoD PC games have been released: Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, and V:TM - Bloodlines. CCP Games, the makers of EVE Online, are making a World of Darkness MMO game. By asking if The Vampire Diaries is anything like WoD, I'm really just wondering about the atmosphere of the show. Is it dark and serious? Because that's what WoD is like. It isn't like Twilight at all. Here's a trailer for the MMO game that gives a good impression of what you can expect from WoD.

Sorry if what I'm asking is ridiculous, but I think it would be really cool to get a vampire show with a similar tone to WoD.

Wiktor

∀ Narayan;37848705 said:
Well, World of Darkness is a tabletop RPG. I don't play it, but I know quite a bit about it. Currently, there are two WoD PC games known as Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, and V:TM - Bloodlines. CCP Games, the makers of EVE Online, are making a World of Darkness MMO game. By asking if The Vampire Diaries is anything like WoD, I'm really just wondering about the atmosphere of the show. Is it dark and serious? Because that's what WoD is like. It isn't Twilight-ish at all. Here's a trailer for the MMO game that gives a good impression of what you can expect in WoD.

Sorry if what I'm asking is ridiculous, but I think it would be really cool to get a vampire show that has a similar tone to WoD.
I've played WoD for years (Changeling for life!) :)

It's not exactly like WoD. It's nowhere near as dark, but there's a lot there for WoD lovers to like in Vampire Diaries. The show can be very brutal and ruthless. People die left and right, blood is spilled. It has some humor, but it's all characters being funny, not scenes turning into comedy. Also, just like in WoD there's awful lot of plotting and back stabbing, plus very extensive lore.
In the first eps it might seem a little Twilightish, but that's a false impression. It quickly becomes something completely different.

Speaking of which ... they need to bring back Anna. I don't care how contrived the explanation would need to be.

tumblr_likr873X8c1qf4ubn.gif

I'm for this, but that would mean more Jeremy. We do not need more Jeremy. If she comes back as a ghost more that also means more Vickie, another thing I don't want. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom