• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S8 |OT| It's the final countdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been rewatching the show the last few weeks, I dropped it back when it aired around season 5 (which, coincidentally, is only up to what my region's netflix has unfortunately), and I forgot how good these first seasons are. Im up to ep 8 or 9 of season 2 (Elijah was introduced) and its so much fun, its not even a guilty pleasure, I legit enjoy this show (well at least these early seasons).

Ill see how I feel when I finish the 5 seasons up on netflix, if I want to bother tracking down the rest or just wait until they add them.

Strangely they seem up to date on The Originals as all 3 seasons are up there /shrug.

Joni

I don't know how anyone would like Aurora. Her and her brother were dreadful, the third dude was enjoyable until he turned into a villain. The Originals have the problem that they should be just killing these chumps like Marcel.

Topic for season 4 is prepared by the way. Just need to wait until Friday to put it online.

Pachimari

Oh that's good! I was about to ask if I could do the OT but if you have it ready then it's all good.

I find Aurora to be one of the absolute best characters of the series. I do feel Marcel have overstayed his welcome no matter how great a character he was.

Bonnie and Camille should have died a long time ago.

Pachimari

Are you guys watching the farewell party? It's been going for an hour now.

Julie Plec says she's very open to bring TVD characters to The Originals but for now she would like to give them a break, but if any of the actors are up for another go, then it would certainly be possible if they are lucky enough to get a fifth season.

Toth

It's over.

Great ending overall. I love all the cast members showing up in that final montage. Caroline is so going to the Originals lol

"Hello, brother"

Prologue

Regarding the ending

Elena meeting her family and Damon meeting stefan again, was that suppose to represent their death after living a full life?

Bladenic

Sorry but that finale was bullshit as expected. Nobody deserves to be happy and find love but Damon/Elena apparently. More importantly
Damon deserved to die. He just did. The countless people he's killed, including freaking Tyler earlier this season, he didn't deserve to be happy with Elena. Stefan should've remained with Caroline and Damon should've died.

Bonnie saved the freaking world again yet she doesn't get a happy ending in terms of love. Lmao

Toth

Sorry but that finale was bullshit as expected. Nobody deserves to be happy and find love but Damon/Elena apparently. More importantly
Damon deserved to die. He just did. The countless people he's killed, including freaking Tyler earlier this season, he didn't deserve to be happy with Elena. Stefan should've remained with Caroline and Damon should've died.

Bonnie saved the freaking world again yet she doesn't get a happy ending in terms of love. Lmao

Neither deserved a happy ending tbh but
the impact of Stefan's sacrifice and being given the cure means that Damon is able to find some form of redemption and ultimately peace in a new life. After all Stefan did, even he still found peace with Lexi. Besides, Caroline is going to find happiness with Klaus.

Sheroking

Neither deserved a happy ending tbh but
the impact of Stefan's sacrifice and being given the cure means that Damon is able to find some form of redemption and ultimately peace in a new life. After all Stefan did, even he still found peace with Lexi. Besides, Caroline is going to find happiness with Klaus.

Nobody on the show deserved happiness from the perspective morality of real world people. Literally every main character on this show, with the possible exceptions of Matt and Alaric, are responsible for many innocent humans being killed.

The idea in this episode is that
Damon has had to struggle to find his way back to his human nature and needs to live out his redemption, where Stefan's redemption comes by dying to give his brother that chance. Whatever peace they found isn't about balancing out a scorecard of good and bad deeds, but by being a better person at the end of the day.

In one way or another, they all got a happy ending. The difference is Damon got to live out a human life with Elena first.

Toki767

I don't really understand what happens to Hell.

I thought they were supposed to destroy it. So does everyone just go to either Heaven or Bonnie's afterlife?

Lyonaz

It's been a long ride with some ugly bumps along the road, but I enjoyed the show and loved the ending.

So is Caroline gonna be in the Originals this season?
#Klaroline4lyfe as these silly shippers say..

Joni

Full on tears by the time Lexi showed up. Perfect 'happy' ending. The ending that the characters might not deserve, but that we did.

I don't really understand what happens to Hell.

I thought they were supposed to destroy it. So does everyone just go to either Heaven or Bonnie's afterlife?

They destroyed hell, so people could move on to heaven. Vicky, Elena's dad, Tyler all seems like people that would go to hell otherwise.

None of them were really that good in the end except Matt I think. They cared about their friends and family, the rest of the world be damned. That includes Bonnie.

Pachimari

I don't know what to feel about the ending. I really hate that Bonnie saved the day yet again and broke the spell. Fucking hell. They shouldn't have done that.

I'm okay with Damon living his human life with Elena, it was so cute. But the scene were Elena meets her family, and Damon hugging Stefan, that was their afterlife after they've lived their humans lives right?

We are so gonna see Caroline in The Originals next season. I will love that.

Now I need to catch up with The Originals. Got 10 episodes left of Season 3.

Joni

I'm okay with Damon living his human life with Elena, it was so cute. But the scene were Elena meets her family, and Damon hugging Stefan, that was their afterlife after they've lived their humans lives right?

Yes, it is them growing old and dying. I kinda expected to see a kid in there.

Ending was ok to me. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I felt it should have ended after season 6 but it's whatever.

There were some good to great episodes every now and then but it definitely started declining in season 4 to me.

With Joseph Morgan getting cast in the new X-Men show I'm thinking the Originals might be ending as well.

Pachimari

Goodbye to Mystic Falls. =;(

rYpibrl.jpg

With Joseph Morgan getting cast in the new X-Men show I'm thinking the Originals might be ending as well.
Yeah, I'm thinking Season 4 will be the last, so I hope we'll see Caroline at some point.

abundant

The best case/most likely scenario is that the Originals get one final (reduced) season to wrap things up. The CW tends to have closure on any of their shows that go past multiple seasons.

kirblar

Ending was ok to me. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I felt it should have ended after season 6 but it's whatever.

There were some good to great episodes every now and then but it definitely started declining in season 4 to me.

Plec's post-finale interviews definitely make it sound like S5 would be a miracle.

The Hobo

They really should have built up to Bonnie breaking the spell linking her to Elena. They made too big a deal of it having no loopholes to just resolve it so abruptly.

The best case/most likely scenario is that the Originals get one final (reduced) season to wrap things up. The CW tends to have closure on any of their shows that go past multiple seasons.
That would be ideal but this season has already been reduced to 13 episodes. Who knows if CW will cancel both vampire shows in the same year though.

Pachimari

They really should have built up to Bonnie breaking the spell linking her to Elena. They made too big a deal of it having no loopholes to just resolve it so abruptly.

This was the worst thing ever. Bonnie should have died, and Elena woken up. But what we got was super lame. "She just broke the spell."

And the "meanest bitch of all" keeps getting stabbed again and again, I'm like what the hell.

To me, everything so far really point to Season 4 being the last. With it already reduced to 13 episodes, and Joseph Morgan being cast for Gifted.

Can't believe I watched this till the very end. Oh well, was fairly entertaining. Nice ending overall IMO. Was fun seeing almost everyone one last time.

Pachimari

Stefan Salvatore was 171 years old
when he died
. There's 171 episodes of The Vampire Diaries.

I'm on Episode 14 on The Originals now. I feel like the show have gotten better with each season and have been better than all of TVD S4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Pachimari

The Originals is amazing wow. I'm pretty impressed with the crossover. 8 episodes to go!

Shouldn't we post the The Originals S4 OT now with a week to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom