• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S7 | The Originals S3 |OT| Everyone Has Mommy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Just caught up with the last two episodes of The Vampire Diaries, and I agree that it is a return to form. I love the heretics, and find them much better than Kai, and I feel like something worthwhile always happens.

In fact, this season so far, is better than Season 4, 5 and 6.

finowns

I caught up with Originals. Hayley and Davina need to die. Rebekah needs to come back and be a badass. Klaus is awesome. Elijah needs to stop whining. Hope Kol returns. And I'm liking Freya. Death to the werewolves!

Joni

TVLine has the goods on all November Sweeps episodes for The Vampire Diaries.

Oct. 29,
"I Carry Your Heart With Me": Mary Louise and Nora attend the "Heaven & Hell Ball," which leads to as much "death and destruction" as you'd expect, exec producer Caroline Dries says. Meanwhile, Stefan and Caroline must face their own issues: "All he wants to do is grab his girlfriend and make out with her, but it's like kissing a wall of vervain."

Nov. 5,
"Live Through This": Damon and Stefan team up with Valerie "against her will" to figure out their Lily problem. "The three of them on the road is a funny dynamic because Damon just figured out, 'Oh, this is V-Card Valerie, the one Stefan slept with!'" The other awkward pairing is Bonnie/Enzo, who develop a "funny, banter-filled relationship" in their conflicting quests for the Phoenix Stone

Nov. 12,
"Best Served Cold": When Lily realizes she has everything she ever wanted except her sons' love, she throws a mixer with the heretics "to show her children they can live together peacefully." But things get messy when Damon and Stefan show up with "a very clear agenda."

Nov. 19,
"Mommie Dearest": Season 7's "Thanksgiving episode" has a flashback to Stefan and Damon's childhood before anyone in their fam became a vamp. "It brings the brothers together in an interesting way; I love seeing them both as children, which we've never done before."

TripOpt55

Caught up on the new seasons. I really like the flashforwards in TVD. They definitely have me intrigued. The Originals has been solid too. More so liking the main Klaus/Elijah stuff than the rest though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The Originals has been ace this season especially with the supporting cast unlike TVD who is still struggling to make memorable characters

Joni

Tristan and Lucien are indeed quite interesting characters. I don't think they'll last long though. I expect that entire secret society to be wiped out by the end of the season. I do hope Lucien survives.

I wonder about The Vampire Diaries' revival method. That can't be good in the long run, I think that bloodlust in Oscar is not strictly vampire related so I'm curious to see how it will affect Jo.

Somnia

Tristan and Lucien are indeed quite interesting characters. I don't think they'll last long though. I expect that entire secret society to be wiped out by the end of the season. I do hope Lucien survives.

I wonder about The Vampire Diaries' revival method. That can't be good in the long run, I think that bloodlust in Oscar is not strictly vampire related so I'm curious to see how it will affect Jo.

Pretty sure she is the crazy hunter in the future episodes, at least that's my guess.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Has Enzo had a haircut in between this episode and the last? I'm suddenly more attracted to him in episode 4 than before and I can't work out why

Is the Originals episode named "I'll see you in hell or New Orleans" a nod to the Dax Riggs song of the same name? I'm not familiar with the phrase outside of that track and it'd be cool if it was. As a fan of Dax I've wanted to see his music pop up in one of the New Orleans set shows like this or Treme.

Joni

Is the Originals episode named "I'll see you in hell or New Orleans" a nod to the Dax Riggs song of the same name? I'm not familiar with the phrase outside of that track and it'd be cool if it was. As a fan of Dax I've wanted to see his music pop up in one of the New Orleans set shows like this or Treme.
Could be. They often name episodes after music. Like The Vampire Diaries last year named most of their episodes after songs from 1903 and 1994.

Prologue

So Stefan is not going to end up with Caroline, after all that build up, but instead ends up with a new character that we never heard or saw before?

Zalasta

It's kind of sad that even after Nina's departure, the show still resorts to the plot device of Elena needing to be rescued. How many times must they go to that well?

Joni

So Stefan is not going to end up with Caroline, after all that build up, but instead ends up with a new character that we never heard or saw before?
I expect that impediment to Steroline to disappear once someone pops out a little baby.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's kind of sad that even after Nina's departure, the show still resorts to the plot device of Elena needing to be rescued. How many times must they go to that well?

I took the fact that damon was writing a letter to her at the end of last episode as he was moving on from her
I hope so too, because I didn't really care about her when she was up and about and I certainly don't now she's in a coffin

kirblar

They have about zero on screen chemistry.

To be fair, that's basically true of anyone Stefan's with because the character is such a buzzkill.

Why don't kluas and elijah simply take their first borns, lock em in a room, and drain all their blood incase of vervain and simply get the truth out of them this way.

Anarkin

Just watched the latest episode. I guess Bonnie and Damon is not happening anymore. :( I wish Damon would finally forget about Elana or at least live his life until she wakes up. Otherwise I look forward to a new episode each week, which is surprising after the last 2 seasons.

Rodin

Didn't expect such a bad episode from the originals tbh, it was pure trash, poorly written and nonsensical in how they decided to handle the reasons behind the fight (again? Really? And now that they should team up?). Really, really disappointing, although i gotta say that the actress playing Aurora is one of the most gorgeous girls i've ever seen so there's that at least.

Somnia

TVD was great this week.

Everyone saw the symbol thing on his chest when they brought him back from the dead right? Hmmmm

Joni

The Vampire Diaries was great, mainly thanks to the phoenix stone reveals. It is a good plot device, it isn't as broken as expected and the new Jo looks like a kind girl. The small disappearance of the mark is interesting, it is a major hint Julian is related to it, but I'm wondering: did the bad girl lock them away and is she coming back because Julian escaped? Or is the bad girl in there too?

The Originals retains the same problem. The main actors are too popular so they can't be killed off. It needs to get rid offf Davina, Hayley, Marcel. Pick two of three. Vincent, Tristan, Cammi are highlights.

Rodin

Just watched tvd, i was sure pretty sure it was Julian in Jo's body when i saw he was stabbed through his heart but at the end of the episode it was clear that Lily and the two bitches brought him back, so now i wonder who might be inside of her. Any ideas? Maybe a character we never heard of yet?

Anyway good episode all around, but i didn't like how the stone ended up in Lily's hands. Felt stupid and forced.

The Vampire Diaries was great, mainly thanks to the phoenix stone reveals. It is a good plot device, it isn't as broken as expected and the new Jo looks like a kind girl. The small disappearance of the mark is interesting, it is a major hint Julian is related to it, but I'm wondering: did the bad girl lock them away and is she coming back because Julian escaped? Or is the bad girl in there too?

The Originals retains the same problem. The main actors are too popular so they can't be killed off. It needs to get rid offf Davina, Hayley, Marcel. Pick two of three. Vincent, Tristan, Cammi are highlights.
Tristan is trash. The only good and somehow relevant character that came out of this storyline is Aurora. I agree that Davina needs to go, and Jackson with her. Vincent and Cami are good.

Joni

Just watched tvd, i was sure pretty sure it was Julian in Jo's body when i saw he was stabbed through his heart but at the end of the episode it was clear that Lily and the two bitches brought him back, so now i wonder who might be inside of her. Any ideas? Maybe a character we never heard of yet?
Just some random woman that we haven't heard of. It might be the girl that is hunting them in the flashforwards, but might just as well be a regular girl that will become Rick's new love.

Tristan is trash. The only good and somehow relevant character that came out of this storyline is Aurora. I agree that Davina needs to go, and Jackson with her. Vincent and Cami are good.
Oh, I meant Lucien, Klaus' spawn.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh my oh my. That latest VD episode was excellent. Goddamn, I didn't think they'd be able to pull me back in, but they have. Nearly every character is interesting, and they are killing it with the suspense/mystery of these flash forwards. I'm loving the Damon/Stefan centric overarching plotlines, and I like how they introduced Julian. I think Lily & Julian will make for good villains.

No Elena and we return to form...who would've guessed? Everyone.

Originals is boring as fuck, on the other hand. I think the problem is that I don't care about so many of the characters. More than half of them could or should have died by now. When was the last time Klaus caught a body (of significance?). He talks a lot but doesn't kill motherfuckers anymore. Needs to take a page out of Damon's book.

Joni

Oh my god, that is a major betrayal. Alaric deserves to die now.
It also looks like Todd lost a bit of his fighting skills. Or the other guy isn't good enough for a Spartacus like fight.
And looks like Valerie/Nora are the good vampires, I hope both turn good and at least Nora survives the season.
And that is certainly a solution for the entire Candice gets knocked up problem.

Joni

Rebecca is also quite stupid, and I'm glad to see her back but just stake every vampire instead of running. That puts less people on your tail.

Matt_

TVD suffering from the same nonsense that hurt the last season of Teen Wolf
Conflict arising from when people don't tell other people basic shit is so frustrating
Why would stefan not tell damon straight away about valerie? Why would valerie not tell lily about it as some point?

what the actual fuck at the twist

finowns

Really TVD?! smh.

Rebecca is also quite stupid, and I'm glad to see her back but just stake every vampire instead of running. That puts less people on your tail.

I don't like how the writers treat Rebekah she should be a badass but they gimp her all the time. I remember in season 1 she was taken down by werewolves.

Joni

Problem is they always need to find reasons to write her out of the show, especially now that both actresses have other shows.

kirblar

Yeah, the Caroline/Rebekah stuff is 100% actor-driven.

I don't mind the Caroline stuff because of that, it's a ridiculous plot twist, but at least it's not being done arbitrarily.

Rodin

The Originals was good this week, glad they stopped that stupid feud immediately. The scene with the old witch was a bit forced, but understandable considering Claire is busy. Hopefully we'll see her again soon, she has to kill that bitch. I don't entirely trust Aurora but she's the best new character in the show and she proved it again this week, i like her a lot.

TVD was good too but the ending was... Nonsensical? I also kind of hate the 3 years time skip, it's basically the authors doing all the kind of crazy shit you would never expect, like bonnie and enzo or ric and care, and then leading the plot to that point with dumb twists (like the one proposed at the end of this episode). The idea is great, the execution... not so much.

Pachimari

From the other thread:

Yeah, I really wondered were Maisie Richardson-Sellers went. I were hoping she would show up soon in Season 3. Which show has she gone to and why?

She were quickly becoming one of my favorites. So talented. What happened to her?

[edit]
Oh...

However, Maisie Richardson-Sellers was just case in a new network series, and figuring out how to include her could be a little more taxing

I hope she'll have time for some episodes. Which tv show were she cast in?

Patriots7

I didn't realize until tonight's TVD episode,
but it's pretty clear that Stefan's baby is alive. Probably the person hunting them in the future?

Joni

They had chances to take down three enemies today. Valerie and Caroline could have killed Bo right there, while Damon and Stefan should have just killed Lily to take down Julian.

It is a bit strange none of them remember a vampire with a kid considering their forefather Klaus just had one. Or did they never bother informing them that their friend Hayley is now a hybrid?

I didn't realize until tonight's TVD episode,
but it's pretty clear that Stefan's baby is alive. Probably the person hunting them in the future?
It could be, Valerie probably messed up on the destination of the kid. If it was last year, I would have guessed on the baby having ended up in Katerina.

Rodin

Another good Originals episode, i feel like the writers didn't really know what to do with that dinner but in the end it was enjoyable. Tristan proved once again to be the weakest new character, Lucien was ok this week and Aurora is rotten. I love her. Davina being told to fuck off was the highlight if the episode. Easily. I really hope they'll handle the prophecy stuff like they did with Mikael and Esther in S2 (they seemed to be the major threat and main villains of the season but then Dahlia, Freya and their far superior storyline kicked in), because i really don't like it and i hope they'll move on from it way before the end of the season, possibly to introduce a new, better villain/threat.

I'll watch TVD tomorrow, hopefully is good and the authors won't go too far with this "baby transfer" shit.

Joni

The shows will be coming back on Fridays after the winter break. That is not a good thing. They still get big bumps on the L+7 ratings so it might be more practical.

Joni

That was certainly not the Vampire Diaries reveal I was expecting. And certainly not when shown in regards to the end of the episode. Oh, the real ending puts a cap on that.
The heretic scenes are also strong. And as expected, Marie-Louse is the evil of the three female heretics.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
what a stupid idiot bitchwitch.
Watching VD
god I'm so angry. really amazing episode.

about the hunter..I don't why but I have the feeling it could be
some elena look a like

Originals...good god that episode made me angry again lol.

Joni

Originals...good god that episode made me angry again lol.
They should really learn just to kill their enemies, certainly if they are nameless vampires. At least Stefan and Damon are confronted by vampires a lot stronger, and yet they always tend to kill them if possible. The Originals killed like four out of 20 nameless vampires.They wake up from breaking their necks. Why is Aurora still alive? Or Tristan? Or those hundreds vampires in the Trix? Or Marcel?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
They should really learn just to kill their enemies, certainly if they are nameless vampires. At least Stefan and Damon are confronted by vampires a lot stronger, and yet they always tend to kill them if possible. The Originals killed like four out of 20 nameless vampires.They wake up from breaking their necks. Why is Aurora still alive? Or Tristan? Or those hundreds vampires in the Trix? Or Marcel?

!! this I'll never understand. just tear the heads off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom