• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Originals S4 |OT| Hope Is A Dangerous Thing | FRI @ CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Mm4eb0b.jpg

When the culmination of a dark prophecy threatens their immortal lives, the Mikaelson family must stand together and face their greatest challenge yet as season four of THE ORIGINALS begins. For more than a millennium, the Original vampire-werewolf hybrid Klaus Mikaelson and his brother Elijah have fought to preserve their family no matter the cost. But after centuries, their ruthless actions have spawned a legion of enemies – and in Season Three, they returned with a vengeance. While Hayley remains at odds with Klaus over the custody of their child, she soon must choose to ally with the Mikaelsons when their long lost sister Freya uncovers a prophecy foretelling the family’s ruin.

With the arrival of the first vampires ever sired, the Mikaelsons begin to realize that their vampire progeny have joined together to eliminate their makers once and for all. As signs around them point to the fulfillment of this dire prophecy, Cami O'Connell finds herself thrust into the center of the conflict, even as she continues to council Klaus to reject his paranoid and merciless ways. Ultimately, the influence of the returning sire lines will take a toll on trusted allies Marcel Gerard, Davina Claire, and Vincent Griffith. With the Mikaelsons surrounded by enemies and prognostications of doom, they have no choice but to enact a brutal strategy that will turn everyone – friend, foe, and family – against them, thus fulfilling the prophecy itself and setting the course for season four.

ZK853Db.jpg

Family Mikaelson
Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
Nathaniel Buzolic as Kol Mikaelson
Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson
Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson
Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall
Summer Fontana as Hope Mikaelson

Family Frenemies
Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard
Yusuf Gatewood as Vincent Griffith
Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza

giphy.gif

Gather Up the Killers - FRIDAY 17th MARCH said:
On the fifth anniversary of Klaus' defeat, Marcel is king of the city and welcomes the un-sired vampires to New Orleans, only to find they pose an unexpected threat to his rule, leading him to seek counsel from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, as Hayley closes in on the cure that will allow her to revive Elijah and the slumbering Mikaelsons, she faces a final task that will force her to make a ruthless decision. Vincent and Freya also appear.

No Quarter - FRIDAY 24th MARCH said:
After being cured and woken, the Mikaelson siblings join Hayley in an effort to rescue Klaus from captivity – even if they must face Marcel in the process. Meanwhile, Klaus' demons materialize in unexpected ways as he suffers from the effects of the Tunde Blade, and Vincent investigates a haunting that will prove to be much more sinister than he could have imagined. Elijah also appears.

kyser73

Hmm, not sure if I'm up for another season of

Klaus, despite his 1000 years of experience, still failing utterly to control his temper and ego and fucking up.

Elijah's repression of anything that looks like an emotion.

The personality void that is Marcel.

Hayley veering wildly from OP she-wolfvamp to being taken down by a feather.

Is Cami still undead? Was she ever really alive?

Still, if Rebekah is back in it there's some chance it'll elevate itself over S3...

Ah who am I kidding. Gimme dem Mikaelsons.

Pachimari

So I finished Episode 19 and wow at Camille's death. I'm glad she's finally gone but it was still a bit heartbreaking. I loved how they handled it and the whole scene Klaus and she had inside their minds where people disappeared and appeared. I also fear for Davina's fate if the Ancestors want her gone. Kol and Davina are so cute together. Probably my favorite couple now.

Man there's so many good actors on this show. The Originals have been better than anything TVD since it started.

[edit] Holy fuck at that ending. Davina is dead too... my favorite character together with Elijah and Hayley. I'm so sad. A season 4 without Davina feels wrong. :(

[edit] So I just finished Season 3 and wow at all those deaths. Very interesting how Hayley is leaving New Orleans to find cures and everything is on her now. The whole Mikaelson family's fate lies in her hands alone. Wow. I really wish Caroline could come help her out. It's also gonna be interesting how Hope will play into all of this.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Solid start to the new season.

Kinda sucks that Klaus hasnt changed at all though - wish his persona would change a bit otherwise i see myself getting quite bored of his shtick quite fast. Also i hate how most characters ignore obvious power levels...really you gonna challenge the person that put down Klaus and beat the whole Original family ? Come on. Same for regular Vamps going after Hayley...i mean she is a Hybrid.

Wonder when Caroline will show up. Probably 2nd party of the season.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, I stopped watching this because Klaus as a character is infuriating. You always think "ok, he learned, he won't be that stupid". And yet he still acts like a moron throwing a tantrum. Every goddamn time. Yikes.

Kinda sucks that Klaus hasnt changed at all though - wish his persona would change a bit otherwise i see myself getting quite bored of his shtick quite fast. Also i hate how most characters ignore obvious power levels...really you gonna challenge the person that put down Klaus and beat the whole Original family ? Come on. Same for regular Vamps going after Hayley...i mean she is a Hybrid.

Well if we are talking power levels and the levels the Originals first had when established on the vampire diaries and how ruthless Klaus was back then, Marcel would have been dead season 1 episode 1. That whole faction war thing would have been solved with the first episode of last season as well. The only real threats that were believable was the parents.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, I stopped watching this because Klaus as a character is infuriating. You always think "ok, he learned, he won't be that stupid". And yet he still acts like a moron throwing a tantrum. Every goddamn time. Yikes.

Yeah...i feel this is the mayor part that keeps the show from reaching some new heights. Klaus has zero character development...which makes sense om some level considering how old he is...but after being imprisoned for so long and having a child - he really cant get through an episode without throwing a tantrum. Just destroy everything lol.

Well if we are talking power levels and the levels the Originals first had when established on the vampire diaries and how ruthless Klaus was back then, Marcel would have been dead season 1 episode 1. That whole faction war thing would have been solved with the first episode of last season as well. The only real threats that were believable was the parents.

Yeah you are right - i mean the had to tone them down for the own series and later on TVD. With Marcel there is a personal connection so him still being alive is okay in my book. Bur for the other fights its just stupid...why would someone Challenge Marcel at this point when he is least on Original Level in his own city..or regular Vamps going after like Hybrid Hayley ? just lol....

Joni

Interesting start to the new season, only the Marcel-Klaus drama remains a weak point.
Good news also! Phoebe Tonkin is apparantly no longer dating Paul Wesley.

finowns

Marcel needs to be killed. Please let it happen!

How would you like him to change? Anything other than a defiant Klaus would be odd.

And what was up with Vincent:

Klaus: I'm going to get my 'justice' when I'm free.

Vincent: You know Cami thought you were a good person.

You imprisoned and tortured him for 5 years what does Cami have to do with anything!?

The Originals has been a frustrating show with some good moments. Hopefully they can end it with the Originals actually being the bad-asses they're supposed to be.

Pachimari

I've only found the show to grow stronger and stronger for each season. This was a solid pilot but I too wish for some character development when it comes to Klaus. The whole Marcel plot feels old with them European vampires coming to show their power etc. I loved the Hayley part and her turning into a wolf. We really need more wolf action on this show and not just vampires vs witches which this season is leading up to it seems.

Joni

It is always best when Cami turns up.
Kole should just execute his threats and kill everyone. But he is a softy after all.
And wanna bet they need the Mikaelsons to stop whatever is happening. I hope that at least ends with Marcel dead.

Upcoming episodes

Haunter of Ruins - FRIDAY 31th MARCH said:
FATHERS & DAUGHTERS - After five long years apart, Klaus attempts to reconnect with his daughter, Hope (Summer Fontana). Even as father and daughter bond, the rest of the family is still in turmoil. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) mediates a conflict between Hayley and Freya (Riley Voelkel) to determine the best way to protect the family. Meanwhile, in New Orleans, Vincent (Yusef Gatewood) tells Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) terrible secrets about his ex -wife, Eva Sinclair, even as they begin their search for a mysterious witch who plans to sacrifice a group of innocent children - including Hope Mikaelson. Jeff Hunt directed the episode written by Carina Adly Mackenzie and Declan de Barra (#403). Original airdate 3/31/17.

Keepers of the House - FRIDAY 7th APRIL said:
SAVING HOPE - Desperate to save her daughter, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) turns to Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) for help uncovering information about the mysterious force that has set its sights on the children of New Orleans. While Klaus (Joseph Morgan) remains behind with Hope (guest star Summer Fontana), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and a reluctant Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) join the hunt, which puts them on a dangerous collision course with an unlikely new threat. Finally, Freya (Riley Voelkel) and Keelin (guest star Christina Moses) must put aside their differences as they embark on a journey that may alter the power dynamic in New Orleans forever. Joseph Morgan directed the episode written by Beau DeMayo & Christopher Hollier (#404). Original airdate 4/7/17.

cw_sasuke

If this shows ends with Marcel alive, I'll be supremely unhappy.

I dont see a scenario where he would or need to die...regardless of their issues he is still important to Klaus/Rebekah and just spared their lives. They will have to link up soon and Marcel will likely risk his life saving Hope at some point this season.

Joni

I dont see a scenario where he would or need to die...regardless of their issues he is still important to Klaus/Rebekah and just spared their lives. They will have to link up soon and Marcel will likely risk his life saving Hope at some point this season.

Because he is a huge asshole and he now is basically unkillable.

cw_sasuke

Because he is a huge asshole and he now is basically unkillable.

Every Mikaelson is a asshole and has done shitty stuff for selfish reason...what show are we watching again ? Your reasoning doesnt make much sense.

If anyone deserves to die by the end of the show, it's Elijah for his hand in last year's events. Marcel has been continually brutalized and belittled by the Mikaelsons ever since they took over New Orleans, and the Mikaelsons repaid him for his inexplicable loyalty by throwing Davina to the wolves so they could solve a problem that, one thousand years earlier, Klaus had singlehandedly created by siring Lucien and not putting him down immediately afterwards.

For a vampire sired by the most merciless Original Vampires in existence, Marcel has been characterized as one of the most benevolent characters in the series. I hope he lives to the end.

Joni

Every Mikaelson is a asshole and has done shitty stuff for selfish reason...what show are we watching again ? Your reasoning doesnt make much sense.

Because they at least admit it. Katherine and Damon also have no problem showing they are assholes. Marcel tries to be too righteous.

cw_sasuke

If anyone deserves to die by the end of the show, it's Elijah for his hand in last year's events. Marcel has been continually brutalized and belittled by the Mikaelsons ever since they took over New Orleans, and the Mikaelsons repaid him for his inexplicable loyalty by throwing Davina to the wolves so they could solve a problem that, one thousand years earlier, Klaus had singlehandedly created by siring Lucien and not putting him down immediately afterwards.

For a vampire sired by the most merciless Original Vampires in existence, Marcel has been characterized as one of the most benevolent characters in the series. I hope he lives to the end.

Pretty much this ( though i disagree on Elijah dying) - Marcel was raised by Monsters and still turned out better than most of them. Hell last season he was being a double Agent for Elijah saving their asses multiple time only for them to not give a shit about him at the end.

Saying he deserves to die because he is an asshole....on a show like the Originals just doesnt make any sense.
Because they at least admit it. Katherine and Damon also have no problem showing they are assholes. Marcel tries to be too righteous.

What about everyone else on The Originals...you really gonna bring this line of arguments for Marcel on a show with Klaus and Elijah ? Come on.... if he was that asshole, they would all be dead by now. They fucked him hard at the end of the last season and responded - you are acting as he put that plan in motion just because he had a bad day. Davina was family for Marcel.

Joni

What about everyone else on The Originals...you really gonna bring this line of arguments for Marcel on a show with Klaus and Elijah ? Come on.... if he was that asshole, they would all be dead by now. They fucked him hard at the end of the last season and responded - you are acting as he put that plan in motion just because he had a bad day. Davina was family for Marcel.

She was also annoying. I was quite glad as well that she died.

cw_sasuke

She was also annoying. I was quite glad as well that she died.

I dont know about her being annoying....but her character development was quite inconsistent, she had the power to really change up things but at the end couldnt let go of any change she got to fuck with Klaus lol.

finowns

There a difference between being an asshole and being an asshole to the heroes of the show.

Stop it. The Mikaelson's raised Marcel up from being a literal no-name slave and gave him everything he has. This is met with constant betrayal. The Originals should kill him but after watching the second episode I doubt it'll happen.. these are not the unstoppable Originals from season 1.

cw_sasuke

There a difference between being an asshole and being an asshole to the heroes of the show.

Not really....either you are an asshole or not - so you want a person to be killed because he reacts like every other person ? If that was the case Klaus would have killed Stephan in TVD years ago. Also Marcel isnt just any Vampire to them - really doubt that we are watching the same show when you are bringing the mental gymnastics to why he should be killed compared to the rest.

Also Heroes of the Show...what does that even mean ? Marcel has been on the Show since Day 1 and has been the character with most screen time next to Klaus and Eiljah...you are acting like he was introduced late last season and should be killed because he pissed of Klaus for no reason when their relationship has been a central part of the show since S1.

finowns

Not really....either you are an asshole or not - so you want a person to be killed because he reacts like every other person ? If that was the case Klaus would have killed Stephan in TVD years ago. Also Marcel isnt just any Vampire to them - really doubt that we are watching the same show when you are bringing the mental gymnastics to why he should be killed compared to the rest.

Also Heroes of the Show...what does that even mean ? Marcel has been on the Show since Day 1 and has been the character with most screen time next to Klaus and Eiljah...you are acting like he was introduced late last season and should be killed because he pissed of Klaus for no reason when their relationship has been a central part of the show since S1.

Yes really.

'either you are an asshole or not'

Sure? What's your point?

'so you want a person to be killed because he reacts like every other person ?'

No, I want Marcel dead because he acts like a very specific person.. himself.

And hero of the show just means the main character. That is the guy you can't kill or if he's killed the show will be over, if you don't understand who that is maybe we are watching different shows.

cw_sasuke

Just say main character then...Klaus and co. arent Heroes and never have been.

Bladenic

I've wanted Klaus dead since S4 of TVD. Maybe S3. I actually think they all deserve to die but I have a soft spot for Elijah because he's hot as hell and Rebekah because Klaus daggered her like 50000000 times and those are only counting the times we were shown on TVD.

But yeah, I hope the series ends with Klaus dead. Dead as fuck. Deader than dead. Hopefully tortured by Katherine for eternity.

Also hope Josh finds himself a man.

Joni

I'm going back and forth on which originals should die. Like kill the two best ones to get two thirds of all vamps killed to improve the world. But at the same time I want these happy endings for Hayley with Elijah and Rebecah with someone that loves her.

cw_sasuke

Need to see how Klaus interacts with Hope this season....he could redeem himself in a big way this season. Esp. if Caroline joins the fun later on as well.

Diablos54

Really liked all the Klaus/Hope scenes this week, good way of showing how far Klaus has come over the years. Sad to see the best person in the show leave though!

cw_sasuke

Damn...they got Marcel and Klaus - this will be entertaining.

Lyonaz

I see Klaus directed this episode, loving the new season.

Also Freya and Keelin are totally gonna hook up right?

Pachimari

Happy to see Maise turn up again.

I'm still catching up with the show, just got two more episodes left, but I was very happy to see her back as Eva. I really wish she would have been a regular on The Originals instead of in Legends of Tomorrow.

Pachimari

I honestly want them to kill off Marcel at this point. I love his character and his actor, but I'm about to feel like he has outstayed his welcome. I also think Freya is gonna hook up with Keelin which would be cool. Anyway, I finally caught up with this season and I'm still liking it. This Hollow ghost is really messing up with Klaus and Marcel, and I love that Hope is such an integral part to the family now too. I really do love this Mikaelson family.

Pachimari

So yeah, I think I'm starting to grow tired of this universe, and I don't know what it is. It's just another bad guy, some sacrifices, some rituals and evil goons coming to their home. Marcel and Klaus shenanigans.

Only interesting thing right now is Hope.

Dynasty

So yeah, I think I'm starting to grow tired of this universe, and I don't know what it is. It's just another bad guy, some sacrifices, some rituals and evil goons coming to their home. Marcel and Klaus shenanigans.

Yh I would be fine if this is the last season. Bored with the characters, all of them except As you say Hope. Honeslty wouldnt mind a spin-off with a older Hope.

Joni

They fail at doing memorable villains which is strange considering vampire diaries ruled at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom