• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Download Woes (Xbox One)

So I am currently downloading Halo MCC and am having some big issues. My percentage has been at 32% for quite a a while now, it was at 40% at one point and then dropped to 32% When I look at my bandwidth, it looks normal, as if the game is downloading, however, the percentage does not change. Is it because I was downloading in standby mode? Is it possible that the data I downloaded "dissapeared?" I don't know what to do. My bandwidth is being used up by the second and my percentage isn't moving. The console is currently on and I'm trying to see if leaving it on will do the trick.

UPDATE: Alright, so I have left my box on, haven't touched anything, and it seems to finally be moving. Looks like if you pause installation, it reverts back to a lower number, and leaving the box in standby glitches it out to. Heads up for anyone having this issue.

sam777

So I am currently downloading Halo MCC and am having some big issues. My percentage has been at 32% for quite a a while now, it was at 40% at one point and then dropped to 32% When I look at my bandwidth, it looks normal, as if the game is downloading, however, the percentage does not change. Is it because I was downloading in standby mode? Is it possible that the data I downloaded "dissapeared?" I don't know what to do. My bandwidth is being used up by the second and my percentage isn't moving. The console is currently on and I'm trying to see if leaving it on will do the trick.

Yes a problem with Halo MCC, I am not touching my console now, just letting it download while it is on.

Ape

Banned
Try turning your Xbox all the way off and turning it on. Let the amber light glow before letting off the power button.

sam777

Try turning your Xbox all the way off and turning it on. Let the amber light glow before letting off the power button.

It's a bug even if you pause the install at 50% and resume it instantly, it will go back to 32% for example.

sam777

So should just leave it on (not in standby) until it completes???

I left it in standby overnight but you don't know when it is complete so I turned it on and the download dropped from 77 to 32. So I have left mine on now so I can see the progress as well.

Don't play any games on it or do anything at all either on the Xbox.

I left it in standby overnight but you don't know when it is complete so I turned it on and the download dropped from 77 to 32. So I have left mine on now so I can see the progress as well.

Don't play any games on it or do anything at all either on the Xbox.

I'll try that. I left it on all night, but for some reason my xbox hard reset, and I woke with my percentage at 31% (what it was the night before) it makes no sense though, I see under bandwidth usage the data that was downloaded, can data just disappear???

JP

Isn't this out next month some time?

Hadn't really been paying attention as I don't have my Xbox until the end of the month but it seems really early to be downloading it now.

Are there any extras for pre-ordering this on xbok.com now or is it just the same as the standard retail version?

sam777

I'll try that. I left it on all night, but for some reason my xbox hard reset, and I woke with my percentage at 31% (what it was the night before) it makes no sense though, I see under bandwidth usage the data that was downloaded, can data just disappear???

I was thinking where the data has gone but I assume it is over rewriting it.

sam777

Isn't this out next month some time?

Hadn't really been paying attention as I don't have my Xbox until the end of the month but it seems really early to be downloading it now.

Are there any extras for pre-ordering this on xbok.com now or is it just the same as the standard retail version?

You get a Boom skull as a bonus on digital but you might get that on retail edition as well not sure.

Alright, so I have left my box on, haven't touched anything, and it seems to finally be moving. Looks like if you pause installation, it reverts back to a lower number, and leaving the box in standby glitches it out to. Heads up for anyone having this issue.

REV 09

This is happening to me. Changed settings so that the xb1 wouldn't turn itself off...but the the freaking power went off in my house for like 5 seconds and reset the dl to 31% again. : /

343N

Neo Member
happening to me too, god damn
I can see on my ISP's page with my data usage that I've downloaded 39GB from Xbox Live in the past two days, yet the MCC is only at 23%. what the hell

I can't speak about Halo MCC, but:

When I installed Skylanders: Trap Team via disc, it got to 92% (while downloading a patch at the same time). Then, the disc drive stopped and it took a bit for it to start back up. When it did, I saw that it was back around 10%.

I asked Support, and they said it likely did so to avoid a corrupt install, and that it's normal to happen sometimes. I think maybe the patch timed out or something.

When it finally finished, it worked fine.

And, as for caps: I can be charged $4/gb for going over.

JeffG

The downloads probably have set points for resume to avoid corruption.

I was having issues too especially with Forza H 2 (and currently with HCC). I was wondering if it was because of my external drive spinning down when the xbox goes into standby??? or maybe just a bug in the stand by mode

So any official update from Microsoft regarding this? I hope this gets fixed/patched whatever till I get my Xbone. I have 120 GB FUP and shit like this will surely exhaust it big time.

Btw. putting the console into standby doesn't mess up the download, only waking it up from it. So if you know you should be getting it done while the console is in standby you should be fine. I just dled it all day yesterday and it was almost done, then I put the console in standby over night and it finished.

Bgamer90

Banned
This my not solve the issue for everyone but just a heads up.:

B0Q8ADPCAAIyn3m.jpg:large

("When Xbox is off, turn off storage").

I remember having to download NBA 2K15 at launch even though I thought the game was already on my console. Positive that setting being on was the reason. I have a separate 3 TB drive.

So yeah, I just unchecked it so that content will download to the drive when my system is off.

bidguy

Banned
my dl is stuck at 34%. any way to fix it ? never put it on standby just turned the xbox on and off a few times

edit: now its 32 lol. whats going on ?

Top Bottom