• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRAMED |OT| Change the order, Change the outcome; A noir comic puzzle game

gZhhBIZ.jpg

Developer: Loveshack
Price: $4.99
Out Now: IOS
Coming: PC, Mac, Linux
http://framed-game.com

Release Trailer | Official Trailer | Concept Demonstration

FRAMED is a multi-award winning noir puzzle game, where you re-arrange panels of a comic book to change the outcome of the story.

FRAMED began as a thought experiment. Rather than play with a set of actions like you normally would in a game (run, jump, shoot), we asked: what would happen if you played with the *context* an action happened in instead? FRAMED emerged out of this idea. Fast-forward two years and more than 25 awards and accolades later, and FRAMED is set to apply that same design of 'Change the order, Change the outcome' to the overall narrative; resulting in a context-sensitive narrative where every action is framed by the last.

160574656.jpg

AWARD-WINNING DESIGN
Featuring a fusion of all-new game mechanics & fiendish puzzles, FRAMED has currently collected over 7 design awards.

EFFORTLESSLY ELEGANT
Simply grab comic panels and swap them with a touch of your finger!

BEAUTIFUL ART & RICH ANIMATION
Hand-crafted, award-winning art and animation brings the noir world of FRAMED to life.

ORIGINAL JAZZ MUSIC SOUNDTRACK
An evocative music score featuring live jazz performances fused with modern themes and beats sets the mood.

A BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE AWAITS
Unlike anything you’ve played before, FRAMED delivers a completely new type of game experience. Plug in your headphones, sit back and enjoy!

vIzvKNd.jpg

Screen%204%20iPhone%206+.png

Menome

Aha! I saw this somewhere else but had forgotten the name. Been quietly anticipating this all year and look forward to playing it once the PC release hits.

So the cool thing about Framed is that it's a puzzle game first. There's a wordless narrative and it's an engaging wonderfully artistic experience, but it's first and foremost a puzzle game. There are constants - ladders and stairway make you descend or ascend when you reach them, approach enemies from behind to avoid them or knock them out, etc. - and new elements are added periodically, like rotating panels. The puzzles seem to hinge more on trial and error and experimentation than hard logic, but the trial and error in Framed is fun, due to the seamless permutations that result from you shifting the panels.

Length wise, I'm about an hour in and I'm at the start of what seems to be the third chapter/act. I have no idea how much of the game is left, but it's definitely been enjoyable so far and tricky at times.

Sakujou

Banned
Its quite short isnt it?
Has anyone played it through? Is there something at the end iam missing or is there a second playthrough?

Top Bottom