• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA:O XBox One Crew |OT| All you had to do was create the damn thread, NeoGaf

All of us XBox One folks keep chatting in the GTAO OT thread about how we need a crew and need to message each other, etc. But I don't think we've started a thread.

So here we go. I'm going to start a thread and then we can get our ducks in a row about creating a crew.

Post a message if you're in.

Pyrogeek

I am in. Gamertag is: Joby21

I'm also in the original Xbox 360 'Gaf Street' crew but haven't seen any activity in it :(

Yeah I've never actually been in a crew in GTA:O. Never joined one last gen. Does someone just like create one and send out invites to the folks in this thread and such? Cuz someone should do that. I mean someone other than me since like I'm a junior GAF member who doesn't really know how GTA:Os crews work hahaha.

Sorry fellas I've been knee deep in a project basically the day after I started this thread. It came up unexpectedly.

PennyBags, do you want to start the Crew? I won't be able to jump online till after this weekend.

I'll update the OP with the details if so

Pennybags

Well, I made one.

I spent a good hour trying to come up with clever names and kept hitting the letter or special character restrictions. Invites will be going out to everyone in this thread shortly.

My emblem making skills are less than desirable, but I'm willing to make an effort.

Edit: I've gone through the thread and have invited everyone whose Social Club account can be found. If you haven't received an invite, joining the crew can be done by following the above link on Rockstar's site, or by adding me on Xbox Live and using the in-game menus:

GT: Pennybaggs

Pennybags

Pennybaggs, I believe if we get some creative people in the crew they can post emblem creations for the crew.

Yup. Makeshift one for now:

35891197b964ee927fdfcf5985ca0a82b36f755c_512.png

Pennybags

Just sent a request. Anyone want to boost a few races for turbo?

I probably won't be able to do this tonight because I've got a movie to watch, but if you're on at the same time as me tomorrow, I wouldn't mind helping. You're already on my friends list.

Warablo

So does any of the default colors match our crew color. If they do maybe our crew color should be one of the unique hex colors that only be obtained by a crew color.

Pennybags

So does any of the default colors match our crew color. If they do maybe our crew color should be one of the unique hex colors that only be obtained by a crew color.

The one I used is a unique hex value obtained from color picking the GAF logo.

Yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

It's possible for the shade of orange in-game to be slightly off from what Social Club shows but I doubt it.

Edit: I said all this, and now notice the orange actually is pretty dark, probably owing to using a color picker on a lossy image. I can fix that on both janky logo and crew.

MisterNoisy

Tried my hand at a logo - let me know what you guys think:

ZTyCVSP.png

Actually, I think I want to remove the black border altogether:

KlFb07E.png

EDIT: Made a couple of additional cleanup changes.

Warablo

The one I used is a unique hex value obtained from color picking the GAF logo.

Yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

It's possible for the shade of orange in-game to be slightly off from what Social Club shows but I doubt it.

Edit: I said all this, and now notice the orange actually is pretty dark, probably owing to using a color picker on a lossy image. I can fix that on both janky logo and crew.

The crew color we have right now is exactly the same as bright orange. Our Neogaf orange is darker than it also.

MisterNoisy

For some reason the orange I used in the logo also reads a lot brighter in-game than it does in the logo editor. I'll try a slightly different shade later to see if that helps.

shiba5

Hi, I joined. I'm new to Online, and unfortunately the Shiba Inu in my avatar ate my headset. I probably won't be doing anything until I can get a new one.

Pennybags

Hi, I joined. I'm new to Online, and unfortunately the Shiba Inu in my avatar ate my headset. I probably won't be doing anything until I can get a new one.

No problem, dude. Still feel free to join me and I'm sure others wouldn't mind. Otherwise, what's the point?

I'm actually online now if anyone wants to do something.

MisterNoisy

No problem, dude. Still feel free to join me and I'm sure others wouldn't mind. Otherwise, what's the point?

I'm game if anyone else is. Sent out some mission invites earlier, but no bites.

EDIT: Good times in those missions, pocketaces. :) The first invite caught me between switching cars, so I didn't have a ride, heh.

Nice, just saw that there is actually a crew now. I just joined. Apparently my social club name was different from my GT because I created my social club account forever ago I guess. Now hopefully I can actually play some without the servers knocking me out for no reason. Thanks for creating one Pennybags!

Pennybags

Now hopefully I can actually play some without the servers knocking me out for no reason. Thanks for creating one Pennybags!

No problem. Feel free to invite or join me if I'm on.

I would like to set up a time for a GAF playsession, but it may be wise to hold off until after the holidays. I just want to see people playing together after the success of the PS4 group.

What kinds of things should such an event encompass?

Larger scale jobs, a few races, maybe some parachuting, and spilling over into free roam would be ideal, yes?

MisterNoisy

No problem. Feel free to invite or join me if I'm on.

I would like to set up a time for a GAF playsession, but it may be wise to hold off until after the holidays. I just want to see people playing together after the success of the PS4 group.

What kinds of things should such an event encompass?

Larger scale jobs, a few races, maybe some parachuting, and spilling over into free roam would be ideal, yes?

Sounds good - maybe start everything from a crew-only freeroam so everybody can dork around without the complete chaos of a pub room a bit first and maybe get some group photos, etc.

Crumbtiny

Just picked this game up today, excited to try out online. I'll be on later tonight (US, Central) and on and off tomorrow.

Feel free to invite me if you see me on. Looking forward to running with ya!

GT: Gashlycrumb

shiba5

Got my headset and would really like to get together sometime. I've been playing with a couple of friends, but they mainly run around and waste tons of ammo shooting cops. I'd actually like to rank up.

MisterNoisy

Got my headset and would really like to get together sometime. I've been playing with a couple of friends, but they mainly run around and waste tons of ammo shooting cops. I'd actually like to rank up.

If you (or anyone here, really) see me on, shoot me a message or invite - I'm game for chaining co-op missions or trading races for upgrade levels.

shermas

Just added you, Pennybaggs... my tag is Shermas. I'll try to join the crew next time I'm on. Live has been a little janky, though.

MisterNoisy

Got some mission invites from ya yesterday, pocketaces - sadly, I was tied up in another session with friends. Hopefully we can get a crew event up and running soon.

Top Bottom