• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

rsNu8pf.png

Hello!

Welcome to the Persona Community Thread. This thread has been created as a place to discuss all things around and about the Persona series, both within its mainline games as well as various spinoffs and re-releases.

Previous OTs:

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull Up A Chair!

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5

ikt6.png

PLEASE READ - IN REGARDS TO SPOILERS

There are four new Persona games incoming over the next six or so months, and so we have special rules relating to spoilers for these four games (Persona Q, Persona Ultimax, Persona Dancing All Night and ESPECIALLY PERSONA 5).

1. PLOT POINTS ARE NOT TO BE DISCUSSED OPENLY AND MUST BE SPOILER TAGGED AND MARKED AS PLOT POINTS, and generally should only be discussed at all if it actually pertains to the conversation. There will be appropriate threads to discuss the finer details elsewhere.

2. DO NOT EMBED ANY EVENT SCENES FROM ANY OF THE GAMES. People want to experience these things in context themselves. Please don't embed them, and if you want to post one, just post a link instead.

3. SPOILER TAG THE ULTIMAX DLC CHARACTER. This thread has become a place that people visit when they are either just starting or are midway through the game. I understand that it's frustrating, but this is what we agreed upon.

4. . No embedding Persona 5 images beyond things like the main character designs. No dungeon shots, no event shots, nothing like that.

This is a thread for people who are passionate about Persona, and different people consider different things to be spoilers. Some people will want to go into the games entirely fresh, and we shouldn't hinder that. Being NeoGAF, all new media will have its own dedicated thread anyway, so if you desperately want to talk about something without tagging it, those threads would be the place.

Outside of these specific rules, the same rules as other Community Threads applies. Be civil with people, mark your spoilers, and where possible, try to stay on topic.

pe4.png

IRC Channel

The IRC Channel is a place to chat with this community, but without being restricted to discussing Persona. It is almost always occupied and a great place to just hang out.

UPDATE: Spoilers are now banned in the main IRC channel, and a separate channel has been created to accommodate them.

Just a friendly reminder, what with the Japanese release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax coming up, we do have a no spoilers policy for the IRC. However we have also set aside a channel (#pspoilers) for people to freely discuss such things.

If you wish to connect with the web based IRC client to both channels, you can use this link. Click here to connect to both #PersonaGAF and #pspoilers. Alternatively, if you're already in the channel and want to manually join, just type "/join #pspoilers" without the quotation marks. However do note that anything goes in the spoiler channel and I will just laugh at you if you join and get spoiled for something you didn't want to see.

Steam Group

We also have a Steam group, which gets less use now due to the IRC. However, it's still a good place for one-on-one conversations and a good tool for the community.

Twitter

Most of us have, use and interact with each other on Twitter. I'm not going to list everyone's user names, but I'm sure that if you wanted to follow someone, they'd be happy to give out their Twitter handle.

p88j.png

S Link FM is a Persona themed podcast hosted by a handful of guys from the Persona community. Aside from covering many Persona related topics, they have also interviewed many of the actors from the Persona games, such as Karen Strassman and Erin Fitzgerald.

The Brink of Memories is the Tumblr that I run where I put all of my Persona fanart that I draw. I update it fairly regularly because drawing is just something I enjoy doing. There's a good amount of my art on there, and it's maybe worth checking out if you're interested in that kind of thing.

FluxWaveZ recently opened up this Persona fan site, with the aim to create a place to keep a reliable, consistent update of the most recent Persona news.

Scrafty & PK's Excellent Adventure is a let's play of Persona 3 hosted by Community members PK Gaming and Scrafty Devil. It's great fun to watch, and it's enjoyable to be able to see people from the community play something that we're all passionate about.

Aside from these four projects, we have lots of smaller things going on. Various people stream games (Often SMT related). ShmeebAlina, Arue and Jintor contribute occasional art. TheTrueSelf creates various wallpapers, avatars and whatever. There's a lot of stuff going on.

So that's us. Hopefully you'll like it here enough to stay.

Sophia

You weren't kidding about how fast this would go open.

And I still can't believe we've gone through seven (or rather eight if you count the unofficial community thread) topics and we still have no actual gameplay footage of Persona 5. ;_;

Since my question went unanswered in the last thread, I'm going to ask it again:

I'm trying to secure tickets to Persona Super Live - where would I go to purchase them once they're on sale?

Does Persona 5 take place in Tokyo ? The intersection seen at the end of the teaser looked like the big famous one in that city.

Current speculation is Shibuya, or the Persona equivalent of Shibuya.

Does Persona 5 take place in Tokyo ? The intersection seen at the end of the teaser looked like the big famous one in that city.

Sophia

Since my question went unanswered in the last thread, I'm going to ask it again:

I'm trying to secure tickets to Persona Super Live - where would I go to purchase them once they're on sale?

Here: http://l-tike.com/persona-nop/

They go on sale December 20th for 8000 yen/$80. If your Japanese isn't up to par you'll probably need the assistance of someone fluent in Japanese.

Seems to be based off Shibuya, as the area in the animated trailer is clearly inspiried by the Shibuya Crossing.

JNA

Banned
New OT yay!

But God dammnit on no new news about Persona 5 today. I was hoping for a Waifu trailer at the very least. :(

And we got ourselves a new home. I'm gonna bet that we are going to be on the next OT when the first P5 gameplay drops. Until then, we all wait and weep :D

Gazoinks

I like how our OT titles have gotten progressively more desperate for P5
Pull Up A Chair!
Where 6 Comes Before 5
P5 Is Still A no-Sho

Next it's just going to be "Atlus please. Please."

That would mean we won't get Persona 5 gameplay footage until after April 2015, minimum.

Yup that is exactly what I am saying, I would love to be proved wrong though aha
really, I'm just trying to taunt Atlus here, shh
. I feel like it's going to be a summer release over in Japan, a holiday one for us. Would be could to see P5 at the next E3, right there side by side with heavy hitters, like FF XV for example.

FluxWaveZ

For a while, I've been thinking June 2015 for a Japanese release myself, but who knows... P3 and P4 were both announced in March and released the following Julys, so maybe P5 could be February -> June. I'd like to think something like, September 2015 in NA if that was the case.

No thoughts about P4D, though. That game's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom