• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanra

Has anyone ever had the sudden urge to say Persona! out loud thinking a actual persona will come out? I know I have.

Gazoinks

Has anyone ever had the sudden urge to say Persona! out loud thinking a actual persona will come out? I know I have.

When I was playing through P4, I'd occasionally be grabbed by the sudden urge to do the card crush gesture when home alone.

FluxWaveZ

B4OE8aPCAAAVcha.jpg:large
Via Twitter. Apparently Atlus is making a Persona 4 dancing game?

Caladrius

If you're petty, maybe. This thread will far out last whatever butts were hurt today.

May as well keep an Ultimax reference while anyone still remembers it. *shrugs*

Speaking of that I have things to say now that spoilers can be discussed...

DNAbro

2nd labyrinth end thoughts

Got Yukari as my destined partner. Wished I said sex doesn't matter, but whatever best P3 girl. Was funny to see how flustered she was. Really wish someone would upload each possible one. Seems difficult but it must be done.

Also boss thoughts. What a cool boss! The vow idea was super awesome but during the whole fight he seemed to not have used one of them. Much more enjoyable than the first boss, and a bit easier. Didn't even come close to running out of SP unlike the first boss.

If you're petty, maybe. This thread will far out last whatever butts were hurt today.

TBF, I think everyone was one some expecting a bit more than what we got, so I think in some way it's justifiable. it feels as though they had something they wanted to show at least based on their teases and at the last minute had to change it to what we got(I think the 2nd P5 trailer is pretty telling of that). I dunno, that whole conference was just underwhelming in a way with how it was, but hey I guess we got some stuff out of it in a way, SF V, Yakuza 5, Uncharted 4, and some other stuff.

FluxWaveZ

TBF, I think everyone was one some expecting a bit more than what we got

The end of OT6 is proof that this is wrong. A lot of people were anticipating either what we got, or nothing at all. Come on, we've followed Atlus for so long, we should know under which circumstances to expect Persona game news of significance.

rObit

Banned
Persona 1 is a good game, discuss.

Probably is...I gave it an honest go on Vita and couldn't get into it. I figured that I could deal with the mechanics if I liked the characters, but none of the characters really clicked with me. I don't doubt that it's a good game, though.

I'm nearly done with my 2nd playthrough of P4G, and was thinking that afterwards I'd jump on P3P. I played through FES but I know a lot of you really like the female MC, I guess enough to make it worth going through again? Do they redo all of the S-links? Dunno if I could do without that Mitsuru S-link, that shit was too good.

Acid08

Banned
Probably is...I gave it an honest go on Vita and couldn't get into it. I figured that I could deal with the mechanics if I liked the characters, but none of the characters really clicked with me. I don't doubt that it's a good game, though.

I'm nearly done with my 2nd playthrough of P4G, and was thinking that afterwards I'd jump on P3P. I played through FES but I know a lot of you really like the female MC, I guess enough to make it worth going through again? Do they redo all of the S-links? Dunno if I could do without that Mitsuru S-link, that shit was too good.

FeMC route is totally worth playing after FES.

JNA

Banned
Is there any news about localizing the Persona dancing game? I actually do want to play it XD.

Squire

Banned
TBF, I think everyone was one some expecting a bit more than what we got, so I think in some way it's justifiable. it feels as though they had something they wanted to show at least based on their teases and at the last minute had to change it to what we got(I think the 2nd P5 trailer is pretty telling of that). I dunno, that whole conference was just underwhelming in a way with how it was, but hey I guess we got some stuff out of it in a way, SF V, Yakuza 5, Uncharted 4, and some other stuff.

I thought the key note was great. It had a lot of really interesting games on display from some talented people.

But I'm someone who constantly poopoo-ed the idea it was going to be this FFVII remake/Crash reboot/Shenmue 3/DMC5/Dragons Dogma 2/SE JRPG/Sony JRPG AAA MEGATON Extravaganza that so many fooled themselves into believing it would be.

A moment of silence for the many butts that were hurt on this day.

I meant when it is actually coming out. I know it was announced back when Q and 5 were announced as well, but with Q now out of the way, I've heard practically nothing about Persona Dancing.

Pretty sure at TGS they announced it got delayed and was coming later in 2015, that or memory is totally shot

Acid08

Banned
I meant when it is actually coming out. I know it was announced back when Q and 5 were announced as well, but with Q now out of the way, I've heard practically nothing about Persona Dancing.

Probably because development got fucked and Atlus had to take over primary dev duties. I really do wonder how far along the game is at this point.

JNA

Banned
Pretty sure at TGS they announced it got delayed and was coming later in 2015, that or memory is totally shot

Probably because development got fucked and Atlus had to take over primary dev duties. I really do wonder how far along the game is at this point.

I wasn't aware there were developing problems. 0_0

Hope to see the game get released. It does actually look pretty good for a Hatsune copy. XD

Gazoinks

Oh man, I forgot about this. Atlus, make Mara an unlockable character and we'll call it even.

I wasn't aware there were developing problems. 0_0

Hope to see the game get released. It does actually look pretty good for a Hatsune copy. XD

Im sure it'll still get released and everything. I'm a pretty big fan of rhythm games and I'm not about to complain about seeing P4 characters dancing
especially naoto

I thought the key note was great. It had a lot of really interesting games on display from some talented people.

But I'm someone who constantly poopoo-ed the idea it was going to be this FFVII remake/Crash reboot/Shenmue 3/DMC5/Dragons Dogma 2/SE JRPG/Sony JRPG AAA MEGATON Extravaganza that so many fooled themselves into believing it would be.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting that either, and while most of the games were fine, there were a few that weren't that great or underwhelming to say the least(Like The Order: 1886 or Drawn to Death). But that's a topic for another thread.

To get back on topic, I'm enjoying Persaona Q, I do like dungeons and mapping them out is fun, the sub-persona system is really good. Needs some tweaking here and there, but overall good. And most of the character interactions are really great as well and pretty funny.

I didn't anticipate any of that.
Though I suppose the reason why there was so much bitter disappointment regarding P5 is because it was mentioned by name (something that, if I'm right, was unprecedented at a western press conference) only for there to be no new information.

Also, anyone stupid enough to believe something like this would occur deserves whatever disappointment they get.

EDIT:
OT is name is... eh... Not beary good.

Just grin and bear it, man.

New OT! Woot. Let's make it a good one guys!

Although, I'm still reeling a bit from today's non-announcement. Wanna post this gif again that I slaved on for at least 15 minutes.

ibvwh5WmlqRWMI.gif

PQ
I'm not sure if anyone got this, but for the marriage scene did anyone get the Velvet Room inhabitants? I watched someone get Margaret, and thought it a bit odd that Marge kind of just vanishes afterwards? Also somewhat amusing to hear Fuuka say that MC and Margaret cannot fight the boss without extra help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom