• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded (Square Enix) announced for the PC

Square Enix announced that their crazy arcade multiplayer action game, Gunslinger Stratos, will be coming to the PC in 2015 as Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded. There'll be an Alpha Test in February of 2015 running from the 6th to the 8th, from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm every night. If you don't know what Gunslinger Stratos is, here's a Youtube link. It's a super fun game, and even without the physical guns I imagine it'll be a great time on PC.

This is gonna be super cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8HgetkrMQ

http://dokidokikusoge.tumblr.com/post/104755369126/gunslinger-stratos-reloaded-announced-for-pc

EDIT: Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDVIMECjcs

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh sweet! I only played this once at GDC last year but it was super fun! I was sad when they told me the arcade cabinet was never going to come to the UK, but I'll happily snap this one up if I can.

This looks like it might be fun. I was gonna say Square's Gunz but maybe its more like Square's Virtual-On...kinda. I am trying to think what it reminds me of the most.

Day 1!

Maybe we can get it working nicely on a razor hydra, you could find those things for cheap online for $50-$60 1yr-18months ago.

This looks like it might be fun. I was gonna say Square's Gunz but maybe its more like Square's Virtual-On...kinda. I am trying to think what it reminds me of the most.

This is what it immediately reminded me of. I played the hell out of those games in an arcade down the road so this is sort of interesting to me already.

The physical guns actually make it incredibly hard to play, but it's also the only thing that makes it interesting to me...

ChryZ

I always hoped it would find its way outside the arcades ever since I first learned about the game from RSG.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Silicon Studio works on this too, right? Interesting that it's coming to PC.

Edit: NVM. It just uses their middleware.

Yeah, I got a Virtual-On/Armored Core vibe from this as well. Looks like fun!

I imagine using something like the Razer Hydra would give a similar feel to the arcade set up.

Ayumi

Official Name: Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded
Operative System: Windows 7, 8
Genre: Multiplayer Action Shooter
Players: 1 to 8 (Up to 4 vs 4)
Alpha Start: February 6th, 2015
Alpha Sign-Up: December 9th → Januarty 30th

Minimum System Requirements
・OS:Windows 7 64bit (Japanese Version)、
ー Windows 8 64bit (Japanese Version)、
ー Windows 8.1 64bit (Japanese Version)
・CPU:Intel Core i3 2.4GHz
・RAM:4GB
・Harddisk/SSD:25GB Minimum free space
・Graphic Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GB
・Screen Resolution:1024 × 576
・Internet:Broadband
・Soundcard:DirectSound Compatible Card
・DirectX:DirectX 11
※ Wired internet connection recommended
※ Will not work with 32bit OS

Recommended System Requirements
・CPU:Intel Core i5 3GHz
・RAM:8GB
・HDD/SSD:Minimum 25GB Free Space
・Graphic Card:NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB
・Sound:DirectSound Compatible Card
・Internet/Network:Broadband
・Screen Resolution:1920×1080

Source: http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2014/12/09/53607.html

krizzx

This looks awful, though I would be lying if I said I expect better from the current Square. What happened to the days of Einhander and Ergheiz

Shmuppers

Official Name: Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded
Operative System: Windows 7, 8
Genre: Multiplayer Action Shooter
Players: 1 to 8 (Up to 4 vs 4)
Alpha Start: February 6th, 2015
Alpha Sign-Up: December 9th → Januarty 30th

Minimum System Requirements
・CPU:Intel Core i3 2.4GHz
・RAM:4GB
・Harddisk/SSD:25GB Minimum free space
・Graphic Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GB
・Screen Resolution:1024 × 576
・Internet:Broadband
・Soundcard:DirectSound Compatible Card

Recommended System Requirements
・CPU:Intel Core i5 3GHz
・RAM:8GB
・HDD/SSD:Minimum 25GB Free Space
・Graphic Card:NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB
・Sound:DirectSound Compatible Card
・Internet/Network:Broadband
・Screen Resolution:1920×1080

Source: http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2014/12/09/53607.html

Thanks Ayumi!

Looks like I can
barely
run it.

Tain

holy shit

Been wanting to play this since release. It's a fucking Byking game, I'm not worried about it being bad. Curious to see the controls though.

I've wanted to play this game, but how are they going to translate the control scheme? The arcade uses two lightguns as well was two analog sticks simultaneously.

The PC specs don't seem to be that bad at least for me.

This looks awful, though I would be lying if I said I expect better from the current Square. What happened to the days of Einhander and Ergheiz
Einhander was great...still haven't beaten it though.

I hope you aren't using Ergheiz as a symbol of quality though.

Gunslinger Stratos games are developed by Byking. They're ex-Capcom devs who worked on Gundam VS games.
I knew it looked familiar.

This looks awful, though I would be lying if I said I expect better from the current Square. What happened to the days of Einhander and Ergheiz[

I don't even. What? Are we really comparing Gunslinger Stratos, by the former Gundam VS devs, to Ergheiz? Really? =((((

Always thought this game looked fun, and figured it'd never leave the arcades. Will give it a shot for sure if it's easy to get my hands on from the US.

Fingers crossed for a bot mode.

But do we even know if this is being released outside of Japan?
Nope. It's a PC game though with relatively high system requirements, high for most people in Japan that is as most don't play on PCs. So I would like to think that it's gotta be in their mind to release it outside of Japan.

I thought it was a crazy Gunslinger Girl x Infinite Stratos crossover.
lol, I don't know that crossover would even work.

Whoa I never heard of it before but from the videos I saw let me ask quite literally, where can I sign up? :eek:

EDIT: Beaten, thanks! :) Now to figure the sign-up process out... :p

It sounds like if you are not actually located in japan, it might be too difficult to fudge the system and get selected.

Oh alright, I was hopeful since it worked with PSO2 too but I guess it can't be helped then :(

It's worth a shot, but at the very least a JP SQENIX acct is required. Somebody with a little more time on their hands could give it a go and post a writeup.

EDIT: ...some region trickery is afoot. A writeup for translation + proxy stuff will definitely be required for signup.

Corpekata

Banned
I would say it's a slam dunk for hitting the States given it would be odd to port it to a platform with little fanbase in Japan, but SE did just announced that FFVII PC port at a major platform holder convention, so their minds are not always easy to read.

Astery

There's some gundam vs vibe here....

Gunslinger Stratos games are developed by Byking. They're ex-Capcom devs who worked on Gundam VS games.

o great.
Will definitely give this a go if it's available ..say on Steam. Still won't bother to sign up for SE's stupid exclusive platform.

Qvoth

i remember seeing mago and tokido playing this on their stream
how will the game work on PC? keyboard and mouse? or gamepad only?

Coconut

Banned
Well those videos of someone fumble around with the arcade controls don't make a good impression or inspire hope for a sensible control scheme on mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom