• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded (Square Enix) announced for the PC

We truly live in interesting times.

Or, as the news source puts it:

This is a quote I can wholeheartedly agree with! :D Even if we can't get access to the Alpha I'm hopeful that the recent rise of Japanese PC games leads to Square making a international version sometimes as it would be quite something refreshing after playing so many western FPS's and TPS's :)

"This isn't even leaving Japan, yet.

But might as well start taking bets on what gets over here first, this or PSO 2."

But it exists. I could at least play PSO2 (prior to DNS fuckery) even if it wasn't available outside of Japan. Gundam doesn't exist on PC at all.

Skittles

I'm surprised sony didn't try and get this ported to the ps4 and make it compatible with the move. Looks like the perfect game for it.

Do the move and move navigation controllers work on PC? :O

"I'm surprised sony didn't try and get this ported to the ps4 and make it compatible with the move. Looks like the perfect game for it.

Do the move and move navigation controllers work on PC? :O"

Move works, wiimote works, and there are lightguns that work on PC (though kinda pricey).

Razzorn34

Oh man! Yeah, I'm fucking excited. I played this when I was in Japan about a year and a half ago. I haven't played anything like it.

The controls are actually very complex. Enough so, that making this a console game would be next to impossible. I wonder what type of control scheme this will have on PC?

But might as well start taking bets on what gets over here first, this or PSO 2."

But it exists. I could at least play PSO2 (prior to DNS fuckery) even if it wasn't available outside of Japan. Gundam doesn't exist on PC at all.

On the PSO2 matter, there is the PSO2 Public Community Proxy and there haven't been any bans even though this runs for months now so you might want to consider that if you feel like playing still.

And as for the Move, I think it should work by itself as I doubt the communication protocol differs much from a DS3 so I think the only unknown here would be the PS Eye and the positional tracking :/

"Soooooo how does this work without the guns? Or is this like a new version reworked to get around it?"

Looks reworked. The gameplay bits in the trailer only show one cursor, I'm guessing the dual-wielding lightgun stuff got removed and there's just shortcuts/hot keys for some of the gun interaction (putting them behind each other to swap to different weapon, etc.)

Whaaaat? That is the last arcade game I expected to be ported to PC.

Damn, hopefully it will be as good as the arcade (I doubt it, it probably won't be the same without the guns).

This game is awesome.

Josephl64

I hope it gets elsewhere besides PC too. Luckily I should be getting a new computer soon which should run things more complicated than a VN.

I remember playing Gunslinger Stratos in arcades when I was in Japan, and it was so much fun...can't wait to play this when it comes out ~

Tain

Another exciting thing about this is that it's another PC release initiated by (not requested of) a Japanese developer.

Nevadatan

We truly live in interesting times.

Or, as the news source puts it:

and you know what is amazing about this one? this is not a console port. the first and second games run on the Taito Type X3, which is a PC, an intel i5, Radeon HD 6770 and 2GB Ram with windows 7 embbeded.

the song of the trailer is also pretty nice

Astery

" I could at least play PSO2 (prior to DNS fuckery) even if it wasn't available outside of Japan. Gundam doesn't exist on PC at all.

At least PS3 is not region locked.

I can see why Gundam isn't on PC anyway, but anyhow Gundam also exists on PC. I played this awhile ago and it's not bad as far as usual Gundam games go.

edit: oh, I kinda misread what you wrote, you will need a vpn as well like PSO2.

squall23

Hey, say what you will about SD Gundam Online's somewhat outdated gameplay system, but it's the only game ever that lets me control a V2AB without some bullshit like "time limits" or whatever. Along side other grunt MSs that will never be in an action game.

Top Bottom