• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend announced PS3/4 and XB1

:|

This is Continuum Shift Extend all over again. I'm not buying a new disc for a balance patch and two new characters, Arc. Christ.

Memory

Awesome i skipped the original release, so many fighting games on Ps4, its (almost) like PS2 era all over again.

Westlo

This extend can go get fucked like the cs one, as if they couldn't update the balance and add one dlc character to the existing CP.

Good to know the next proper Blazblue update/story continuation will be on next gen systems though.

Vans

Why do they keep doing this? Like, seriously.

It really really sucks trying to keep up with Arcsys games because of how LONG it takes for them to actually release an update on console, this one will clock in at 7 months AFTER arcade release of the 2.0 update.

I understand that it needs arcade exclusivity, but why so long? It's incredibly frustrating to always be playing an old version, having to pay for DLC, be outdated after 4-5 months and then having to pay FULL PRICE again just to be up to speed. And then once you have the newest version they just go ahead and release a new one again, and that one takes almost a year to get a console port.

Actually trying to practice and learn these games is so frustrating with this release model and I wish arcsys would do something about it, at least in the West.

Bebpo

Banned

It really really sucks trying to keep up with Arcsys games because of how LONG it takes for them to actually release an update on console, this one will clock in at 7 months AFTER arcade release of the 2.0 update.

I understand that it needs arcade exclusivity, but why so long? It's incredibly frustrating to always be playing an old version, having to pay for DLC, be outdated after 4-5 months and then having to pay FULL PRICE again just to be up to speed. And then once you have the newest version they just go ahead an release a new one again, and that one takes almost a year to get a console port.

Actually trying to practice and learn these games is so frustrating with this release model and I wish arcsys would do something about it, at least in the West.

It's bullshit, but they're a small company and if their fanbase is willing to cough up $$$ in a setup like this, it keeps them funded so they can keep making new stuff.

DarkCloud

of which they also downscaled all assets.

As a 360 owner I'd rather deal with a downscaled version than no version at all. I play KoF2k2 UM religiously...pixels don't bother me.

Though I guess on the plus side least now I won't be dealing with buyers remorse if I get this extend now as I never got the original. Not that i really wish to support this practice of forced rebuys for updates that Arc seems to like doing of late.

Uraizen

Banned
Last Extend at least included more than just a balance patch and new character. It included all the previous DLC as well. I'm sure this will add something else ... I would hope it would. If not, I want it for $40 on PS4, no next-gen tax, cross-buy DLC from the previous version.

StayDead

Will probably buy on PS4 since I never got Chrono Phantasma, but I kinda wish they'd just stop mucking around and release the latest version on PC for a change rather than "testing the water" with versions so far out of date nobody would ever buy them. :/

Prototype

So this is the sequel to chrono phantasma? I was actually thinking about picking this up the other day , but if a new version is already on its way...

Seems like BB does this a lot more, and a lot worse, then Street Fighter. Oh well.

So this is the sequel to chrono phantasma? I was actually thinking about picking this up the other day , but if a new version is already on its way...

Seems like BB does this a lot more, and a lot worse, then Street Fighter. Oh well.

No the sequel to Chrono Phantasma would have a new tag line, wouldn't be called Chrono Phantasma. This is the game they'll throw out in the interim as they develop the real sequel.

Westlo

If you bought everything....

SFIV - $60
Super - $40
AE DLC - $15
2012 free rebalance patch
Ultra DLC - $15

Vs

Blazblue CT - $60
Blazblue CS - $40
Blazblue CS 3 DLC characters - $24
Blazblue CS II free rebalance patch
Blazblue CS Extend $40
Blazblue CP - $40
Blazblue CP 2 DLC characters - $16 )or just $8 if you purchased launch week and got a free character)
Blazblue Cp Extend - $40??
Blazblue CP extend Dlc characters ???

Uraizen

Banned

SFIV - $60
Super - $40
AE DLC - $15
Ultra DLC - $15

Vs

Blazblue CT - $60
Blazblue CS - $40
Blazblue CS Extend $40
Blazblue CP - $40
Blazblue CP 2 DLC characters - $16 )or just $8 if you purchased launch week and got a free character)

Extend is usually their way of wrapping up that iteration of BlazBlue. I wouldn't expect DLC outside of system voices like for the last Extend.

Memory

SFIV - $60
Super - $40
AE DLC - $15
Ultra DLC - $15

Vs

Blazblue CT - $60
Blazblue CS - $40
Blazblue CS Extend $40
Blazblue CP - $40

CP is a sequel to CS, for a fair comparision you would have to add SS3 and its different versions to your list.

I understand that it needs arcade exclusivity, but why so long? It's incredibly frustrating to always be playing an old version, having to pay for DLC, be outdated after 4-5 months and then having to pay FULL PRICE again just to be up to speed. And then once you have the newest version they just go ahead and release a new one again, and that one takes almost a year to get a console port.

Pretty much. Paying 40 bucks every time ASW wants to do a revision just because of some extra story shit got old by the first Extend.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If there's no digital upgrade for the PS3 version, I'll just continue my trend of skipping every other BlazBlue release.

Top Bottom