• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Has Sold Over 4 Million Units

control-image-5-1024x576.jpeg

Since its release in 2019, Control has sold over 4 million units, generating net revenue (shareable revenue between Remedy and a publishing partner, excluding taxes and platform fees) of approximately EUR 100 million.

The previous sales update can be found here, and the source for this new milestone is this recent investors press release.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Best remedy game since max payne saga, fight me.

You have my axe brother.

One of the best games I've ever played, the sense of dread this game conveys via its cold, lifeless environments, readable documents and sound production is second to none, absolutely brilliant atmosphere, in fact, I'd go as far as to say that Control is actually moodier and scarier than most horror games out there.

It's a must play for people that enjoy anything paranormal and shows like the X-files, Fringe etc...

It's a 9/10 game for me personally, it's an absolutely brilliant, slowburn game.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Best remedy game since max payne saga, fight me.
It's up there, it really is.. But Max Payne just edges it for me, just! The story, gunplay, ambient sounds, the humour..

That damn game got me into PC's

Control though, what a game. Played it on all platforms so far, Just like Max, can't get enough.

If Control 2 has been infected with that Baby inc turd It truly will be a sad day indeed.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great game. It took some time for me to get into it, but once I was, I platinumed it in no time.

Platinum and 1000G here. The sense of discovery and exploration is bar-none, and that's double fantastic cause the entire game takes place in a single building.

Gojiira

Deserves, best game by Remedy hands down.
As much as I love Max Payne, I prefer Controls setting and story.
Hopefully the sequel is better than AW2 was…

Senua

After experiencing perfection that is Resident Evil 4 Remake I can't take any of these 3rd person shooters/cinematic experiences seriously, shit feels amateur in comparison
Come on dude if you're comparing everything to RE4, you're going to end up not liking anything else lol

BigLee74

Interesting premise, enjoyable for a bit, quickly becoming very boring.

Thats my Control experience.

Max Payne runs circles around it. Quantum Break runs circles around it. Alan Wake runs circles around it.

GymWolf

It's up there, it really is.. But Max Payne just edges it for me, just! The story, gunplay, ambient sounds, the humour..

That damn game got me into PC's

Control though, what a game. Played it on all platforms so far, Just like Max, can't get enough.

If Control 2 has been infected with that Baby inc turd It truly will be a sad day indeed.
I said since max payne saga, those 2 are clearly their masterpieces where control is just a great game.

The map was complete and utter garbage. I'll never understand why people defend being obtuse over improved usability for the player. The shooting was alright. Upgrades were...something to put points into I guess.

The best parts were the lore, the blending of the normal and paranormal, and using telekinesis to fly around smashing through glass sending stacks of papers everywhere. If any game needs a series based on it, it's this.

Terrible map, useless upgrades, boring characters, shitton of boring documents in every room absolutely destroying any pacing, lack of enemy variety, did I miss something?

Nuance. You missed having any semblance of nuance.

It's the difference between this is not for me or this game had flaws and ThIS iS TOtaL Ut&er Tra$H TeH GamE SuCkZz

Cyberpunkd

Played it on PS4 Pro, excellent game. The atmosphere was ace and the world created was great as well. Enjoyed playing as Jessie.

DaGwaphics

Platinum and 1000G here. The sense of discovery and exploration is bar-none, and that's double fantastic cause the entire game takes place in a single building.

I picked it up during the holiday sales but still haven't gotten around to it yet. Story of my backlog. Your positive reviews were one of the main reasons I decided to grab it.

Congratz to Remedy they have a unique style, so it is always good to see that rewarded for them.

RickMasters

So happy for remedy. It’s one of the few studios where I can say I have all their games.max pain, Alan wake, quantum break, control…. All quality games.

Looking forward to what we they do next. I have confidence in them!

Top Bottom