• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

French chart - April 17-23

What kind of sales can a title get in France? More than UK? Less? I think it's supposed to be one of the biggest markets in Europe, but how does that translate in to sales?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Graet, Animal Crossing dominated charts everywhere. Earlier in the UK charts thread, Gaybrush said that AC sales in France are higher than its sales in UK, so only in these 2 countries, it sold 150k+ in its first month, kodus to Nintendo.

Monorojo

Banned
Here is the breakdown of (ALL) consoles sold in 2005.

Total - 13,14
UK - 3,90
DE - 2,92
FR - 2,76
ES - 2,01
IT - 1,55

As you can see, UK is 33%~ larger than France and its by far the most important territory in Europe.

Monorojo said:

Total - 13,14
UK - 3,90
DE - 2,92
FR - 2,76
ES - 2,01
IT - 1,55

As you can see, UK is 33%~ larger than France and its by far the most important territory in Europe.

And your point is?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Monorojo said:

Total - 13,14
UK - 3,90
DE - 2,92
FR - 2,76
ES - 2,01
IT - 1,55

Rest of Europe >>>>>>> UK

Jiggy

jamesinclair said:
5/10 = DS

3/10 = PS2

0/10 = PSP

Japan = Check
Europe = Check
USA = TBA
TBW, once New SMB and Pokemon D/P hit.
If GTA was just competitive with Mario Kart, the PSP has absolutely nothing to counter the real megatons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Monorojo said:

Total - 13,14
UK - 3,90
DE - 2,92
FR - 2,76
ES - 2,01
IT - 1,55

Yes, the UK represents ~30% of those five European countries for last year, not ~30% of all of Europe.

Monorojo

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Yes, the UK represents ~30% of those five European countries for last year, not ~30% of all of Europe.

I didnt say that silly.

EDIT : oh sorry, meant all as in all consoles, not all of Europe.

ioi

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Then you shouldn't have said all. :)

To be fair I think he meant PS2+DS+GBA+XB etc, not all countries.

But yeah, UK is about 25% of Europe, with France, Germany etc not too far behind.

Fuzzy

ioi said:
To be fair I think he meant PS2+DS+GBA+XB etc, not all countries.

But yeah, UK is about 25% of Europe, with France, Germany etc not too far behind.
Like I edited in, he should've been more specific. :)

ioi

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Like I edited in, he should've been more specific. :)

Well I understood him fine...

Just Fuzzy the pedant striking again ;)

But back to the original post, what exactly was your point Mono? That the Uk market is marginally bigger than France?

yilmazz

Monorojo said:

Total - 13,14
UK - 3,90
DE - 2,92
FR - 2,76
ES - 2,01
IT - 1,55

Well de, es and it also favor the DS.. so what now? Tu am cries?

Fuzzy

ioi said:
Well I understood him fine...

Just Fuzzy the pedant striking again ;-)
I understood him just fine the first time, I'm just looking out for the people who didn't.

Given that the UK market is larger, I wonder if actual sales figures (as opposed to position in the charts) of AC and the other DS games are similar to that of France? A lot of the UK market is all of that licensed rubbish that parents buy for their kids.

DQ, on the other hand, is clearly a lot more popular in France - that would make sense though, given the Toriyama artwork (Dragon Ball was apparently really popular there, right?).

ioi

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I understood him just fine the first time, I'm just looking out for the people who didn't.

Who? :p

I think people should also appreciate that the three versions of Nintendogs together would probably make number 2 or 3, so AC + Nintendogs are flying the flag across Europe at the moment.

lancubap

Monorojo said:

Total - 13,14
UK - 3,90
DE - 2,92
FR - 2,76
ES - 2,01
IT - 1,55

Ok. I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

lancubap

polluar said:
My point is that last week DS 18 000 , PSP 15 000 :D

Really ? THIS is interesting. So the distance between DS and PSP is more and more larger in Uk: so is almost the same thing in Europe or better in Europe.
Sure Animal Crossing has done a great job !

Monorojo

Banned
yilmazz said:
Well de, es and it also favor the DS.. so what now? Tu am cries?

hmm Es too eh? Why do we always get conflicting reports?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89875

ventas de hardware en España este 2005,
55% de dominio para PlayStation 2,
20% para Game Boy Advance,
10% para PSP,
10% para DS y un
5% para X360.

But when you look here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83429

It says DS was winning by about 130k by the end of 2005.

So i guess the only thing we can trust is EU official shipment #'s from both Nintendo and Sony, does anyone have those?

Fuzzy

Monorojo said:
So i guess the only thing we can trust is EU official shipment #'s from both Nintendo and Sony, does anyone have those?
Only through the end of December right now.

DS (Other Regions) - 4.10 million
PSP (Europe) - 5.02 million

polluar

Fuzzy said:

SOny was by 1,5 millions behind NIntendo through the end of december.

Ds outsold PSP in France, Great Britain, Germany not only during the Christmas period, but now it's still the case.

ioi

Banned
Fuzzy said:

Which is one of the few situations where we can categorically say that shipped is very different to sold (for PSP).

Fuzzy

polluar said:
SOny was by 1,5 millions behind NIntendo through the end of december.

Ds outsold PSP in France, Great Britain, Germany not only during the Christmas period, but now it's still the case.
Please read what I quoted before I replied again.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Taker666 said:
Top ventes console

1. Animal Crossing : Wild World (Nintendo, NDS)
5. Nintendogs : Labrador (Nintendo, NDS)
7. Nintendogs : Teckel (Nintendo, NDS)
8. L'Age de Glace 2 : The Meltdown (Vivendi, NDS)
10. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo, NDS)

It begins

RaijinFY

tebiro boy said:
DQ, on the other hand, is clearly a lot more popular in France - that would make sense though, given the Toriyama artwork (Dragon Ball was apparently really popular there, right?).

Yes DB and especially DBZ were (and still are) extremely popular in France, so no wonder if DQ has success. :)

Well, there's a lot of confussion here.

In Spain, we know that since january psp has been selling great great. A lot of new packs helped it. In our magazine we don't receive numbers, but we know that the difference between psp and nds in Europe is not very big.
However here, nds and psp are two different markets completely completely completely different. NDS is a very special machine: nintendogs, mario kart, animal crossing, sonic rush, and a few others have had BIG sales (in Spain NDS + nintendogs is something similar to the tamagochi situation; lot of people bought NDS only for Nintendogs). But, on the other hand,a lot of titles have BOMBED pretty hard.
PSP is a more balanced sistems, similar to PS2. Nice sales of software and hardware (with pro evolution, gta,... having stellar sales).
People who play PSP or NDS are completely different, and developers know this.

Don't worry if nds has 1 million more or less. The two systems have a big future.

Monorojo
Banned
(Today, 02:00 AM)
Reply | Quote

Oops, what happened to the Sony Defense Force? Is that a real ban or a lolz ban? Come back soon!

marvelharvey said:
Monorojo
Banned
(Today, 02:00 AM)
Reply | Quote

Oops, what happened to the Sony Defense Force? Is that a real ban or a lolz ban? Come back soon!

Let's just say that someone's in for a dirt nap if they don't start living in reality, after this second holiday. :p

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Dragona Akehi said:
Let's just say that someone's in for a dirt nap if they don't start living in reality, after this second holiday. :p
Awww, Japanese charts are going to be boring tonight. :(

Fuzzy

ioi said:
Eh?

You're having a bad day today Fuz ;)
Yeah, no early Famitsu charts in the Famitsu thread so we'll have to wait until the site updates. :(

:p

Link316 said:
we should get updated PS2 & PSP figures as of 3/31 tomorrow
Nintendo is reporting also. :)

Top Bottom