• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Distant Worlds III Dropped. Get on It!

a1356837026_10-e1423774556655-640x360.jpg

This shit is bananas too!

http://store.ffdistantworlds.com/album/distant-worlds-iii-more-music-from-final-fantasy
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TUDZLI4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Support the great Uematsu and Roth.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
my daughter's high school has paintings all over the school... "walls of inspiration". As we walked down the open stair well to the common area, a huge student portrait of Nobuo Uematsu was right there on the stairs (with a logo and representation of FFVII as well).

lol.. I thought it was pretty awesome (fyi there are literally probably 100+ of these types of paintings around the school. Still cool though.)

edit - on a down note, I am fucking pissed that Square has the FFXIV:ARR soundtrack flagged as "partial album" on itunes despite EVERY track being available. For those unaware, flagging it as partial album means yuo can't pay a single price for the album and have to buy all tracks individually. 69¢ per track ends up being like $89 or something for the album...........

Heartfyre

I had the privilege of hearing Not Alone performed live, and the recording here is immaculate. Listen to the whole thing. Just do it.

Answers is such a damn good song.
Love Susan Calloway's performance.
Glad i got to hear it live when Distant Worlds came to Atlanta

Wazzy

Banned
Disappointed in lack of VII, VIII and X music but at least VIII and X got a track on there even though I've heard orchestrated version many times.

The Battle track is pretty great, though.

That Battle & Victory Theme huh, or is it Dancing Mad?

It seems to be the series since I hear Seymour fight and VII's battle theme. I was listening on low volume but VIII's battle might have been in there.

Thoraxes

Man... FFXIII's music sure does get overlooked sometimes. It has a really great theme.

Hearing it live in performance was magical. Made me tear up. The gorgeous acoustics of Orchestra Hall only amplified Hamauzu's brilliant compositions. Simply sublime.

Disappointed in lack of VII, VIII and X music but at least VIII and X got a track on there even though I've heard orchestrated version many times.

The Battle track is pretty great, though.

Look to the other albums for those.

Phatcorns

Man, their recording quality is SO freaking good. Distant Worlds has always been top-notch in this regard and they did not disappoint.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Distant Worlds live 2 weeks ago. It was quite an amazing night for me.

Already have the first 2 albums. Definitely getting this one.

Saw Distant World in brooklyn a few years ago. It was awesome. Nobuo going up on stage and prancing to One Winged Angel was truly glorious. The meet and greet was really funny too. I brought my copy of Lost Odyssey for Nobuo to sign and he really appreciated me bringing in that underrated gem. Other people in line had no idea what the hell Lost Odyssey was. Such a shame.

I felt like I've heard Blinded by Light before, but I've never played XIII. The song must have been in the trailer. Primal Judgment sounds familiar too. Was it the boss song in the beta?

No physical version? I would love for one of these to pressed on vinyl one day.

Any Idea if they will release a CD of this?

I haven't found any info on this yet.

Also, I hate all of y'all who've been to a Distant Worlds concert.

creid

I'm pretty sure they were selling a physical CD of DWIII at the show I went to a few weeks ago, so I would expect a widespread physical release eventually.

Top Bottom